Post a reply

Re: Betfred Masters 1st Round: John Higgins v Mark Allen

Postby Ck147

Well done Higgins, disappointed for Allen wanted him to win....best match so far of the Masters? Only watched bits and pieces of other matches so not sure.

Postby SnookerEd25

Prop wrote:Enjoyed that. One of the better days!

Once the Wilsons got their tiff out the way, its been consistently belting thereafter.

Glad that one was on first, in hindsight :ok:

Postby Prop

Ck147 wrote:Well done Higgins, disappointed for Allen wanted him to win....best match so far of the Masters? Only watched bits and pieces of other matches so not sure.

A close second to Ding vs Ronnie earlier.

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is that woman still doing the Trivago adverts? I used to fancy her.

Really?

Yes. This woman.

She's beautiful and has a hot accent.

Oh, ok, prefer blond big boobed airheads meself

Postby LDS

eraserhead wrote:
mantorok wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
mantorok wrote:Before this pandemic I was quite picky about the matches I watched. Now I watch as many as possible because it’s a blessing that we still have this wonderful sport to fill our lives during these torrid times. Feel privileged.

And this is just another belter of so many. Long may it continue.

I've become more picky. Glad snookers being played but sick of the tournaments all looking the same.

Yeah damn those common green tables!

rofl

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Once the Wilsons got their tiff out the way, its been consistently belting thereafter.

It’s been getting better and better with each day. Some years it’s been a bit crap in all honesty, but this one is somehow turning into a vintage year even without the crowds.

Postby Ck147

Prop wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Well done Higgins, disappointed for Allen wanted him to win....best match so far of the Masters? Only watched bits and pieces of other matches so not sure.

A close second to Ding vs Ronnie earlier.

Fair enough, I saw some of that but not enough. Tonight was definitely better than the Selby match which I managed to watch most of

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is that woman still doing the Trivago adverts? I used to fancy her.

Really?

Yes. This woman.

She's beautiful and has a hot accent.

Oh, ok, prefer blond big boobed airheads meself

Love a brunette.

Postby hendry_fan

THE WIZARD OF WISHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!. :clap: :happy: :clap:

JEEEEEZ!,what a match!.

Allen bottled it,choked n crumbled. :chin:

John almost bottled it.

Damn,how am i gonna be able to sleep now,i was knackered a few frames ago,now am fit as a violin. :violin: :-D

PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!,what a close shave that was. :phew:

Well done John!. :cracker: :happy: :clap:

John scored well,better than he has of late,he knocked in FIVE 50+ breaks,3 of them were 80+ers.

Allen made three 50+ers.

Postby LDS

Prop wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

It’s been getting better and better with each day. Some years it’s been a bit crap in all honesty, but this one is somehow turning into a vintage year even without the crowds.

Nothing wrong with the wilsons match, very watchable. Even had the highest break so far. The turn offs for me were the Murphy game and the Robertson game, lots of very long-drawn out and not very tactical messy play in those.

Postby Andre147

LDS wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Predicted Higgins to win 6-5

pmsl

:hatoff:

A shame this isn't the traditional format, I would be top of the table no doubt.

But I'm joking, this different format Alex brought up is great. I wonder who shall I be competing with next...

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Oh, ok, prefer blond big boobed airheads meself

No wonder you love Robbo, he has two out of the three.

Lol - my missus asked me yesterday why I liked Robbo, couldn't really explain it, but now I know what to tell her. She's brunette btw SF, or used to be, now it's half grey half brunette as can't go to the hairdressers to get her hair dyed.

Postby Iranu

Ronnie and Higgins both beat players who should be in their prime and competing for these major titles, in deciding frames of matches that the younger player probably should have won.

Postby LDS

Andre147 wrote:
LDS wrote:

pmsl

A shame this isn't the traditional format, I would be top of the table no doubt.

But I'm joking, this different format Alex brought up is great. I wonder who shall I be competing with next...

The incredible thing is, your victory will look like a near whitewash, but for two of the games I was one pot away from a 2 pointer, one of which turned into a two pointer for you.

Williams missed frame ball to go 5-5 and lost the frame as a result of leaving that red while Higgins had Allen at 5-4, Allen just kept pulling perfect snookers out his behind like he couldn't not get snookers.

Its been like a match where it's 9-5 but every frame has gone to snookers on the colours.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:based on what I've seen today Ronnie should be favourite but one thing Higgins was good at today was definitely his long game. But he also missed a lot more sitters.

Ronnie should win, in fact he's won his last 3 matches against him.

Postby Andre147

LDS wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
LDS wrote:

pmsl

The incredible thing is, your victory will look like a near whitewash, but for two of the games I was one pot away from a 2 pointer, one of which turned into a two pointer for you.

Williams missed frame ball to go 5-5 and lost the frame as a result of leaving that red while Higgins had Allen at 5-4, Allen just kept pulling perfect snookers out his behind like he couldn't not get snookers.

Its been like a match where it's 9-5 but every frame has gone to snookers on the colours.

Yes you're right, I won our match 10-5 but it could have easily been a lot closer.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:based on what I've seen today Ronnie should be favourite but one thing Higgins was good at today was definitely his long game. But he also missed a lot more sitters.

Ronnie should win, in fact he's won his last 3 matches against him.

This is Ronnie's tournament now

Postby LDS

Andre147 wrote:
LDS wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
LDS wrote:

pmsl

Yes you're right, I won our match 10-5 but it could have easily been a lot closer.

& we had the highest scoring match, by quite a margin <laugh>

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Iranu wrote:Ronnie and Higgins both beat players who should be in their prime and competing for these major titles, in deciding frames of matches that the younger player probably should have won.

Ding and Allen should be the veterans holding off the young guns at this stage.

Postby Ck147

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ronnie and Higgins both beat players who should be in their prime and competing for these major titles, in deciding frames of matches that the younger player probably should have won.

Ding and Allen should be the veterans holding off the young guns at this stage.

40 is the new 30...well that's what I like to tell myself