Topic locked

Who will commentate at Power Snooker?

Postby SnookerFan

Are the BBC commentators tied to one channel? I'm not sure they are, hasn't Willie Thorne done some Premier League commentary? And Dominic Dale has commentated on both BBC Wales and on Eurosport. Even if they're not though, I doubt the BBC would want their commentators doing an ITV event.

Considering he's out of favour, I wouldn't mind seeing Clive Everton talk. Even at a rinky-dink tournament one-off like this, snooker misses his commentary and he should be there. I wonder who else they'll get to commentate.

Knowing ITV it'll be Dermot O'Leary. <doh>

Re: Who will commentate at Power Snooker?

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:We've already made that point with the Dermot pin end

Other than the fact he supports Arsenal, what's wrong with him ? :chin:

Postby Roland

I just don't like him or any television programme he's involved in. He's "safe" and he's square and he's :zzz: and :limp:

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I just don't like him or any television programme he's involved in. He's "safe" and he's square and he's :zzz: and :limp:

Have you noticed that women seem to love Dermot O'Leary? Every woman I seem to speak to think he's awesome. I think he's a bit of a pleb, personally. I don't hate him, but there's nothing to hate. He's just a bit blah, that's all.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:I just don't like him or any television programme he's involved in. He's "safe" and he's square and he's :zzz: and :limp:

and hes a short bottom too, 5' 7'' if hes lucky :D

Ben Shephards another boring safe presenter.

Postby Witz78

Personally they should go for Murray Walker, hed be ideal, could just imagine him getting all excited and loud whenever it goes into Power Play.

Or if he cant make it, then theres a good subsitute who already has experience of snooker commentating.............

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Personally they should go for Murray Walker, hed be ideal, could just imagine him getting all excited and loud whenever it goes into Power Play.

Or if he cant make it, then theres a good subsitute who already has experience of snooker commentating.............

<laugh>

I remember that one. That'd definately put the ratings up.

Brian Blessed on Ronnie's last 147; "He's not potted the black. THE GREAT STEAMING goof!" <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:how about Kenneth Williams............... :sylvester:

hahah brilliant guy. Love the carry on films..

Yes, but the slight drawback is that he's dead.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:Clive Everton will be commentating on power Snooker

Just him on his own, or they getting in some Eurosport div as well, like they do with the Premier League?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Clive Everton will be commentating on power Snooker

Just him on his own, or they getting in some Eurosport div as well, like they do with the Premier League?

Clive Everton will obviously give his Professional opinion on the Proceedings and he will Probably be Joined in the Com Box by Harry Hill <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Since Kenneth Williams is unable to make it along to commentate on Saturday, theyve drafted in Liberace as his replacement.

97% of fans on the red button voted to wanting Kenneth Williams instead, despite him being dead.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Since Kenneth Williams is unable to make it along to commentate on Saturday, theyve drafted in Liberace as his replacement.

97% of fans on the red button voted to wanting Kenneth Williams instead, despite him being dead.

Well if Kenneth is not gonna commentate on this then I am definitely gonna have to give it a miss. I have some socks that need mending and I also need to clip my nails on the weekend so its gonna be too much to watch the PowerSnukar too. :idea: :santa: :idea: :santa:

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Well if Kenneth is not gonna commentate on this then I am definitely gonna have to give it a miss. I have some socks that need mending and I also need to clip my nails on the weekend so its gonna be too much to watch the PowerSnukar too. :idea: :santa: :idea: :santa:

That beer you have in the fridge won't drink itself. <laugh> It's been there long enough, I think it deserves your full attention.