Post a reply

Re: Betfred Masters 1st Round: Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ding Junh

Postby Andre147

Not an awkward interview on the BBC from ROS at least.

He said he came here with the same mindset he had at the Worlds Champs, and you could clearly see it out there how much he wanted to win.

Postby D4P

Someone asked earlier why Ronnie is playing the Masters this season after skipping it last season. I think the main reason is that Ronnie doesn't want to deal with all of the extra distractions and pressures for him that come with playing at the Ally Pally, so playing behind closed doors at MK is much more tolerable for Ronnie.

Beyond that, I would imagine that his poor showing at the UK has probably provided some extra motivation for him to play (and succeed) in the Masters this season.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I just watched the complete Ronnie v Ding match. I just had to come here to comment on it. Such a wonderful match with a brilliant performance by Ronnie. Supreme scoring! This is the best I have seen Ronnie in a long time.

Getting hammered by both Selby and Trump in succession was a much needed wake up call and he put in the work. What a player he is in this form!

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I just watched the complete Ronnie v Ding match. I just had to come here to comment on it. Such a wonderful match with a brilliant performance by Ronnie. Supreme scoring! This is the best I have seen Ronnie in a long time.

Getting hammered by both Selby and Trump in succession was a much needed wake up call and he put in the work. What a player he is in this form!

Just finished on the BBC, has it?

Postby Prop

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I just watched the complete Ronnie v Ding match. I just had to come here to comment on it. Such a wonderful match with a brilliant performance by Ronnie. Supreme scoring! This is the best I have seen Ronnie in a long time.

Great match, wasn’t it. Definitely one that’s worth watching again a few times. Considering how shaky his temperament used to be years ago, it’s fascinating seeing him become so determined and willing to fight for everything.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:

Just finished on the BBC, has it?

<laugh>

Postby Dan-cat

McManusFan wrote:Great match that. Can't believe Ding lost, he looked so good until the last few frames.

Wow!! What a match. Just watched it this morning, managed to avoid Twitter and SI until now.

Ding would have beaten anyone else in the comp in that form, I feel for him. He did miss a couple of relative sitters to finish the match though.

What can I say about Ronnie? The guy's an inspiration. Strolls into the venue as fit as a fiddle, looking 5 years younger than when we last saw him (exercise and nutrition, natch - that'll do it) and he's been practising for 6 hours a day since Christmas.

Rumours of his decline are grossly exaggerated.

DO THE WORK

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:i wish someone would look at me, the way Ronnie looks at Ding's super-compact cue action.

Yeah, but you fugly.

You said I was handsome once, three years ago!

FickleFan

Did he have the beergoggles on? :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:i wish someone would look at me, the way Ronnie looks at Ding's super-compact cue action.

Yeah, but you fugly.

You said I was handsome once, three years ago!

FickleFan

Did I? Was I drunk?

Nah, you know I'm only winding you up, Dan. You are the coolest of us all.

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Not difficult. Have you seen the rest of us? :chin:

rofl

True.

Ed don’t listen to SF he’s just being modest, Him and I are both super cute and well cool
This is a candid pic of us midsession interval at Ally Pally on our last date *wink*

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsvssx8lHC- ... bycyho81du