Post a reply

Re: Betfred Masters 1st Round: Mark Selby v Stephen Maguire

Postby SnookerFan

csprince wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Might as well not have the Shoot Out. It doesn't get very good TV viewing figures.

you really don't like that tournament do you.

It's not that, but it's been dropped by Sky Sports and by ITV4. It didn't even get put on Quest last year. It clearly doesn't get great TV ratings.

That's the whole point of it being a ranking event. To force top players in to drive up the TV viewership.

The reason it's kept at all, is because it sells a lot of tickets. More so than some of the actual ranking events.

People say The Masters is pointless without fans, but what about the Shoot-out? Without fans in attendance, it's just a novelty event that few people will watch televisually. A lot more people watch The Masters on TV.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Might as well not have the Shoot Out. It doesn't get very good TV viewing figures.

It's not that, but it's been dropped by Sky Sports and by ITV4. It didn't even get put on Quest last year. It clearly doesn't get great TV ratings.

That's the whole point of it being a ranking event. To force top players in to drive up the TV viewership.

The reason it's kept at all, is because it sells a lot of tickets. More so than some of the actual ranking events.

People say The Masters is pointless without fans, but what about the Shoot-out? Without fans in attendance, it's just a novelty event that few people will watch televisually. A lot more people watch The Masters on TV.

:goodpost:

Postby Iranu

csprince wrote:how you doing health wise iranu.

Fine Prince thanks for asking <ok> just waiting for my lung to build back up so I stop getting breathless really easily.

How was your Christmas and New Year?

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

Fine Prince thanks for asking <ok> just waiting for my lung to build back up so I stop getting breathless really easily.

Look after yourself, mate.

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:

i like the tournament apart from the moronic fans. you get a chance to see all the matches so not all the usual players we normally get to see but a 1 frame tournament shouldn't be a ranker think that will be dropped when whoever takes over from hearn.
Last edited by csprince on 12 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:If Selby does a Selby in this frame, he’ll do a Selby in the match.

Lose from two up with three to play then be snake hissed off about it for months afterwards? Impossible.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:If Selby does a Selby in this frame, he’ll do a Selby in the match.

Lose from two up with three to play then be snake hissed off about it for months afterwards? Impossible.

rofl

Postby csprince

Iranu wrote:

good to hear. christmas and new year not to bad.