Post a reply

Re: Ronnie

Postby shanew48

At least my recollection was correct on the basic premise of my point that the general consensus at the time was that he should have attended but he chose not to.

Postby SnookerFan

shanew48 wrote:At least my recollection was correct on the basic premise of my point that the general consensus at the time was that he should have attended but he chose not to.

I see no reason why he SHOULD have.

Postby Iranu

Again, who would he be attending for, exactly?

Postby shanew48

Iranu wrote:Again, who would he be attending for, exactly?

The same reason the other players did- to show respect for someone who made it possible for the players after him to earn millions of pounds, they are Stephen Hendrys words not mine so ate you going to argue with him?

Postby Iranu

shanew48 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Again, who would he be attending for, exactly?

The same reason the other players did- to show respect for someone who made it possible for the players after him to earn millions of pounds, they are Stephen Hendrys words not mine so ate you going to argue with him?

Why wouldn’t I? He’s an expert on the table but this is life.

If he thinks the only way to show respect to Higgins is to attend his funeral then yes, I’ll argue with that.

It’s entirely possible Ronnie was too upset by the whole thing to go to the funeral. As far as I’m aware we don’t know his motivations for being absent.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ronnie might have personal reasons. He did attend Hunter's funeral.

In his book, Ronnie mentions one of the last times he heard from Alex was when Alex called Ronnie late at night and someone else answered the phone and Alex said give Ronnie this message: 'buck off', after the person who answered said Ronnie was sleeping and didn't want to go to a party... I don't think that has anything to do with it but it could. Ronnie's still friends with Jimmy, so Jimmy doesn't seem to hold anything against Ronnie so I wonder why you do, Shane?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:You couldn't maintain a friendship with Higgins if you got upset at bollux like that when he was drunk.

John or Alex?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:You couldn't maintain a friendship with Higgins if you got upset at bollux like that when he was drunk.

I'm not sure if Ronnie was upset. Probably not. He just mentioned it in his book.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:

John or Alex?

YOU’LL GET A screwed CALL FAE ME!

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

John or Alex?

BUNGKE!

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

John or Alex?

BUNGKE!

How so?

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

John or Alex?

BUNGKE!

How so?

Dan still hasn’t turned his swear filter off. So the subtleties of some well-honed jokes just don’t make sense.

Turn your filth filter off, Dan, you big girl’s blowse! <laugh>

Postby Reg Varney

Filth filter, I had no idea there was such a thing and thought the euphemisms were just a forum in joke.

Filth filter now off.

Postby Prop

Reg Varney wrote:Filth filter, I had no idea there was such a thing and thought the euphemisms were just a forum in joke.

Filth filter now off.

Has it bucking worked?

Postby Reg Varney

Prop wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:Filth filter, I had no idea there was such a thing and thought the euphemisms were just a forum in joke.

Filth filter now off.

Has it bucking worked?

Abso-fucking-lutely!

Postby Prop

Reg Varney wrote:
Prop wrote:

Filth filter now off.

Has it bucking worked?

Abso-fucking-lutely!

rofl

Postby vodkadiet1

He's a good kid overall O'Sullivan. I mean he backed Labour against The Selfservatives but his one failing is not paying for the first child he is known to have had. But everyone has their faults.

Postby HustleKing

Filth filter now off.

There is one word that can never be uttered filter on or off.

It relates to describing someone who hates Ronnie and it you say it, it will get replaced with hammer when posted :roll:

Postby Alex0paul

I can’t go along with the narrative

Postby SnookerEd25

Alex0paul wrote:I can’t go along with the narrative

Rebel :no:

Postby Andre147

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I can’t go along with the narrative

Rebel :no:

Without a cause.

Postby SnookerFan

HustleKing wrote:

Filth filter now off.

It relates to describing someone who hates Ronnie and it you say it, it will get replaced with hammer when posted :roll:

What word?

Postby HustleKing

I am some twats.

Ok, guess I can say it now :-D :-D :-D (kind of)
Last edited by HustleKing on 12 Jan 2021, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
HustleKing wrote:

Filth filter now off.

What word?

[I am a twat]

Postby Andre147

HustleKing wrote:I am some twats.

There, prove that the word gets replaced with hammer and you can't say it :roll:

Actually no.

I have my swear filter off and the word appears exactly as it is.

Double check that you have it off.

Postby shanew48

vodkadiet1 wrote:He's a good kid overall O'Sullivan. I mean he backed Labour against The Selfservatives but his one failing is not paying for the first child he is known to have had. But everyone has their faults.

Pretty low bar that lol, so he isn't a boarder line Nazi! if he is getting praise in effect for that then, like I say, its a pretty low bar!

Postby Dan-cat

I will never turn off the swear filter. It provides me with so much joy. Some of the replacements are so weird and funny. I suggest you turn it on.

Postby Iranu

Buck the swear filter you bunch of hammers.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:I will never turn off the swear filter. It provides me with so much joy. Some of the replacements are so weird and funny. I suggest you turn it on.

But as a mod shouldn't we have it off?