Post a reply

Re: Betfred Masters 1st Round: Neil Robertson v Yan Bingtao

Postby TheRocket

do you think someone will ever win all three TC events in a single season again? The guy who has the best chance though is obviously Judd. He has age on his side.

Only Davis,Hendry and MJW have done it. MJW for me is by far the most impressing though because he did it in the toughest era.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:It was a pie, before Manty asks.

what kind of pie what were the sides what did you drink what about dessert!!>?>

Vegetablea, mash, lemon squash and another beer for dessert.

which vegetablea?

Postby lhpirnie

HappyCamper wrote:no yan bingtao interview on eurosport? shame. or do the winners do bbc first?

No, Yan isn't generally comfortable doing live interviews, and in any case ES don't like interviewing Chinese players ('quality control?').

Best chance is seeing a recorded interview tomorrow, or a WST interview later.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:do you think someone will ever win all three TC events in a single season again? The guy who has the best chance though is obviously Judd. He has age on his side.

Only Davis,Hendry and MJW have done it. MJW for me is by far the most impressing though because he did it in the toughest era.

Yes Judd is the most likely to do it. But I very much doubt it will happen any time soon. It might happen from someone who isn't even born yet.

Postby Reg Varney

TheRocket wrote:do you think someone will ever win all three TC events in a single season again? The guy who has the best chance though is obviously Judd. He has age on his side.

Judd's best chance is probably in around five years. He'll be mid to late 30s, the Class of 92 will be gone and its hard to imagine the likes of Selby and Robertson still being the force they are now, then. Although I'd fancy Selby to be nearer the top of the game than Robbo at that point.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Sounds like I missed a belter. Do they still have Snooker extra on on the wee hours as I can watch it in work then

There seem to be Snooker Highlights and 11:30 and Snooker Extra at 12:20. What's the difference?

Highlights will be Selby v Maguire

Extra will be extended highlights of Robbo v Yan

Postby McManusFan

lhpirnie wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:no yan bingtao interview on eurosport? shame. or do the winners do bbc first?

No, Yan isn't generally comfortable doing live interviews, and in any case ES don't like interviewing Chinese players ('quality control?').

Best chance is seeing a recorded interview tomorrow, or a WST interview later.

We got a recorded one on the BBC. It was short but sweet. It's great to get a bit of insight as to there character, it was very surprising he said he went into the match thinking Robbo had a 95% chance of winning.