Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Lake Erie?

yes, named after a native american people.

Oh. I always thought it was a bit creepy :shrug:

Postby chengdufan

Windermere's the biggest in England, but I think a few Scottish ones are larger. And how about that one in Norther Ireland? Looks pretty big on the map, but can't remember the name.
I'm going to go with Loch Lomond, though I don't think it's correct.

I am going to kick myself when the answer is given.

Postby SnookerEd25

By surface area.

The answer is not Windermere, though that is the largest in England

Neither is it Loch Lomond, though that is the largest in Scotland (Loch Ness beats it for volume)

So you can probably work out it is the Northern Ireland one; anyone care to have a stab at the name?

If not I will award it to ChengduFan after a suitable period has expired. <ok>

Postby HappyCamper

if it's by volume then it's loch ness pretty sure. needs to be big to house nessie!
if it's by surface area it's that northern ireland lough. but i can't mind the name of it.

Postby chengdufan

For some reason, I want to say lough ness, but that can't be right. damn, this is bugging me now. should know this.

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:For some reason, I want to say lough ness, but that can't be right. damn, this is bugging me now. should know this.

Ooh, you're close...

Spelt the first world correctly, and got the first 2 letters of the second word - just looking for three more letters...

Postby HappyCamper

one hit wonders. what was the name of the debut single and to date biggest hit for the band foster the people released in 2010, noted for it's contrast of dark and homicidal lyrical content with a light-hearted and jaunty musical composition?

Postby HappyCamper

LDS wrote:I have no idea, there were loads of depressingly beautiful songs around that time. Fireflies comes to mind for the description, I have no idea why, but I don't think they were called Foster the People.

Fireflies was released a year earlier in 2009 by Owl City, the stage name of multi-instrumentalist Adam Young who wrote it.

Postby Iranu

I was sure I knew it but had forgotten so I looked it up (wouldn’t have answered here) and hoo boy I did not know it!

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:I was sure I knew it but had forgotten so I looked it up (wouldn’t have answered here) and hoo boy I did not know it!

Same. Great game. Series of games. I won’t spoil it.