Post a reply

Re: Betfred Masters Countdown !!!!

Postby SteveJJ

Less coverage on bbc 2 due to the schools programmes. Coverage starts at 3 on Monday.

I don't think we can complain too much about that as they are stepping in for the government

Postby Iranu

Dreamboat confirms on Twitter that he doesn’t (yet at least) have symptoms. Good news.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Dreamboat confirms on Twitter that he doesn’t (yet at least) have symptoms. Good news.

Did he go to Dubai though?

It’s certainly possible, Dubai is on the coast.

Postby SnookerEd25

SteveJJ wrote:Less coverage on bbc 2 due to the schools programmes. Coverage starts at 3 on Monday.

I don't think we can complain too much about that as they are stepping in for the government

Red button & -Iplayer for live action though presumably?

Postby Andre147

HappyCamper wrote:the rankings would have been taken after the uk, not the current, presumably.

Makes no sense to me. Seedings for The Masters should be done after the last ranking event took place, this year it was the WGP, last few years was the Scottish Open.

I guess this is a move by the BBC so they can show the random draw for The Masters live.

Postby Andre147

Also sad to hear Lisowski and Trump have tested positive, but health comes first so I hope both will be allright.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:the rankings would have been taken after the uk, not the current, presumably.

Makes no sense to me. Seedings for The Masters should be done after the last ranking event took place, this year it was the WGP, last few years was the Scottish Open.

I guess this is a move by the BBC so they can show the random draw for The Masters live.

I agree with you.

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Less coverage on bbc 2 due to the schools programmes. Coverage starts at 3 on Monday.

Iplayer/sports website provably but red button looks like it has educational fare all afternoon. Back to normal for the evening session.

Although what better education than watching Ronnie on the afternoon he plays? Could be PE lesson for the kids.

Postby Dan-cat

SteveJJ wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Iplayer/sports website provably but red button looks like it has educational fare all afternoon. Back to normal for the evening session.

Although what better education than watching Ronnie on the afternoon he plays? Could be PE lesson for the kids.

When I did GCSE's back in 1993 they made PE a mandatory subject choice, and you had to choose 5 sports. I was allowed to choose snooker, after some discussion, and was allowed to go down to Harrogate Leisure center on Tuesday afternoons and play!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I hated sports as a kid, because bI was fat.

If sumo was on the curriculum, I'd have been alright.

I hated sports too. I wasn't fat, just sh*t

I was both.

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I was both.

And still are.

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I was both.

And still are.

Factual.

Postby Dan-cat

I came from a tiny village primary school, with 14 pupils... at my time of leaving for secondary school I was the only kid of that age. I was literally a king of that tiny school for a year!

I seem to remember we played Rounders a few times and that was about it sportwise.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I came from a tiny village primary school, with 14 pupils... at my time of leaving for secondary school I was the only kid of that age. I was literally a king of that tiny school for a year!

I seem to remember we played Rounders a few times and that was about it sportwise.

Wow.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:I came from a tiny village primary school, with 14 pupils... at my time of leaving for secondary school I was the only kid of that age. I was literally a king of that tiny school for a year!

That explains why you’re constantly lording it over us.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:

That explains why you’re constantly lording it over us.

Ouch! that is some cold sh*t

Postby Dan-cat

Dan-cat wrote:Woefully underprepared for moving to a 1100 pupil school full of hardcase bullies. In the first few months I literally hid in the corridors crying unable to find my lessons wondering why I'd been sent to hell

By the second year I'd found my feet and was kissing the 3rd hottest girl in our year behind the bike sheds. It all fell apart again though a couple of years later when puberty hit. Lolz