Post a reply

Ronnie

Postby shanew48

generally behaves like a bit of a spoilt brat even now which presumably derives from being spoilt as a child? when you think that he had a snooker table at home in the mid to late 80's when snooker was at it's peak so I'm presuming a full size decent snooker table would have been very expensive? fair enough his old man was a criminal but that criminality certainly enabled him to spoil his son I would say.

Re: Ronnie

Postby Iranu

You’ve been a member six months. How long until you post something positive?

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:You’ve been a member six months. How long until you post something positive?

He has a point, to be fair.

Postby Dan-cat

You know so little about his upbringing. His father pushed him, made him keep fit by running before practice. Instilled discipline. The opposite of being spoilt.

Are you trolling, or bored?

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:You’ve been a member six months. How long until you post something positive?

pmsl

Postby shanew48

Dan-cat wrote:You know so little about his upbringing. His father pushed him, made him keep fit by running before practice. Instilled discipline. The opposite of being spoilt.

Very bored, that I cannot deny, that doesn't take away the fact that full size snooker tables would have been extremely expensive around that time and perhaps he wasn't spoilt but just behaves like someone who was spoilt so the end result is the same.

Postby D4P

I think Ronnie has turned out quite well, for the child of parents who owned adult bookstores and who went to prison when Ronnie was a teenager for murder and tax evasion.

On average, most people in Ronnie's situation would have turned out much worse than he has.

Postby Iranu

Ronnie definitely had a host of advantages that other budding players didn’t.

But what exactly is the point of this thread? To repeat things about Ronnie that have been said ad nauseam for 25 years?

Postby SnookerFan

Is the gist that Ronnie is a hammer?

I didn't bother to read it.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Is the gist that Ronnie is a hammer?

You were saying earlier the OP had a point. How could you know that if you didn't bother reading it? :chin:
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 10 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is the gist that Ronnie is a hammer?

You were saying earlier the OP had a point. How could you know that if you didn't bother reading it?

I assumed that he just meant that Ronnie was a hammer.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ronnie was feeding the poor this christmas. What did you do?

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie was feeding the poor this christmas. What did you do?

Well, technically I had Covid, so couldn't go out. Feeding the homeless would've been irresponsible.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I just volunteered for a food bank. Saint Dan.

:hatoff:

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie was feeding the poor this christmas. What did you do?

Well, technically I had Covid, so couldn't go out. Feeding the homeless would've been irresponsible.

Decline!

Postby Dragonfly

I've never met O'Sullivan so I'm not qualified to say what he's like. He can be a bit of a tool at times no doubt. But I have seen and read interviews with him where he comes across as a compassionate and decent person.

A lot of wealthy celebrities don't seem to have much grasp of what's going on in the world. I definitely don't think he's in that category.

Postby Dan-cat

Dragonfly wrote:I've never met O'Sullivan so I'm not qualified to say what he's like. He can be a bit of a tool at times no doubt. But I have seen and read interviews with him where he comes across as a compassionate and decent person.

A lot of wealthy celebrities don't seem to have much grasp of what's going on in the world. I definitely don't think he's in that category.

Good post. I've met him twice and he was a darling both times

Postby Dan-cat

shanew48 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:You know so little about his upbringing. His father pushed him, made him keep fit by running before practice. Instilled discipline. The opposite of being spoilt.

Very bored, that I cannot deny, that doesn't take away the fact that full size snooker tables would have been extremely expensive around that time and perhaps he wasn't spoilt but just behaves like someone who was spoilt so the end result is the same.

He's the king of his sport, the pinnacle, and has been for a long time, of course this might make him brattish at times. Just look at Federer for similar traits

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:I just volunteered for a food bank. Saint Dan.

CANNIBALISM ALERT!!!

:shock:

Postby Pink Ball

Shane is the forum bullocks, you will get used of him.

I'm Pink Ball, by the way :santa: welcome

Postby Dan-cat

I've had dealings with Shane on PM, decent sort.

Don't worry Pinks. You are still the number 1 bullocks. Your title is safe :win:

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:I've had dealings with Shane on PM, decent sort.

Don't worry Pinks. You are still the number 1 bullocks. Your title is safe :win:

You seem to be getting to know people quickly Dan-cat. Hope you stick around, too many lurkers these days.

Postby Dan-cat

If we were take a look at the meaning of the word 'spoilt'... harm the character of (someone, especially a child) by being too lenient or indulgent.

Well he hardly screwed his career did he? I mean being the King an' all... :-)

Postby shanew48

Hang around and you might just see the day that I have something positive to post. No guarantee's though obviously.

To be fair I did praise Selby's cue ball control months ago which could be deemed as positive?

Postby Dan-cat

shanew48 wrote:

Hang around and you might just see the day that I have something positive to post. No guarantee's though obviously.

To be fair I did praise Selby's cue ball control months ago which could be deemed as positive?

Prove it!!! <laugh>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Indeed.

Postby Reg Varney

Not the first Christmas he's spent doing that either.

I didn't know about this year, but he has spent previous Christmas Day's helping out at a food shelter to serve warm, cooked meals to the homeless.

Like most of the good stuff that he does, that you don't read about, he doesn't talk or brag about what he was doing. I only found out after seeing a photo on Laila's Twitter from the charity thanking them both for helping out on the day.

Postby Cloud Strife

Reg Varney wrote:

Not the first Christmas he's spent doing that either.

I didn't know about this year, but he has spent previous Christmas Day's helping out at a food shelter to serve warm, cooked meals to the homeless.

Like most of the good stuff that he does, that you don't read about, he doesn't talk or brag about what he was doing. I only found out after seeing a photo on Laila's Twitter from the charity thanking them both for helping out on the day.

What a bucking, spoiled brat Ronnie O'Sullivan is!

Flog him publicly, and then burn him at the stake!