Post a reply

Re: Betfred Masters Countdown !!!!

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:We’ve been lucky not to have more high profile withdrawals during the season up to now. Who’s the best player that’s had to withdraw due to COVID so far?

Probably Gary Wilson, who withdrew from the Euro masters.

Wilson may be higher ranked, but I would say Matthew Stevens is overall the better player

aye, when stevens was at his best. but he's done heehaw for well over five years, one semi final i think. wilson been much better in that time frame. if they played tomorrow wilson would be clear favourite.

Postby Raziel

Prop wrote:Trump and Lisowski OUT.

Positive covid tests.

Sad for them, and us too.

But I wouldn't worry about them too much.

The chances of a 20 to 39 year old with no pre-existing conditions (co-morbidities) dying within 28 days of a positive COVID-19 test in the United Kingdom is 1 in 1.4 MILLION.

So they will probably both be OK. <ok>
Last edited by Raziel on 09 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:IT'S WILSON VS WILSON!

Tom Hank’s dream match up !

What a shame it happens the year that he can't buy tickets.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Oh wow.

Ronnie has pulled out now... :shock:

I call BS. Source?

I made it up.

You nearly gave me a heart attack when I read that post.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:

I call BS. Source?

I made it up.

Wait. He's pulled out. It's really true this time.... :shock:

Postby SnookerEd25

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:

I call BS. Source?

I made it up.

Is there a doctor on the Island? :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:

I call BS. Source?

I made it up.

Is there a doctor on the Island? :chin:

He doesn't have a heart.

Postby Iranu

Raziel wrote:

Positive covid tests.

The chances of a 20 to 39 year old with no pre-existing conditions (co-morbidities) dying within 28 days of a positive COVID-19 test in the United Kingdom is 1 in 1.4 MILLION.

Shhh

Postby Holden Chinaski

The Masters is not a tinpot event so Judd would probably not have won it anyway. That's' probably why he decided to go to Dubai.

Postby LC

Holden Chinaski wrote:The Masters is not a tinpot event so Judd would probably not have won it anyway. That's' probably why he decided to go to Dubai.

Was he out on business trip with lisowski in Dubai? Maybe he was trying to start a new tournament there!

Postby HappyCamper

Iranu wrote:
Raziel wrote:

Positive covid tests.

Shhh

also as a survivor of hodgkin lymphoma it's seems quite possible liswoski would be in an at risk group. given the effects on the lymphatic system, he might be immunocompromised.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:The Masters is not a tinpot event so Judd would probably not have won it anyway. That's' probably why he decided to go to Dubai.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Raziel wrote:

Positive covid tests.

Shhh

also as a survivor of hodgkin lymphoma it's seems quite possible liswoski would be in an at risk group. given the effects on the lymphatic system, he might be immunocompromised.

Yeah I forgot about that. My dad is a survivor of the same and he’s in a high risk group and was hospitalised with COVID earlier in the year as I’ve mentioned before. Fingers crossed Lisowski doesn’t suffer so badly because it’s horrific.

Postby Alex0paul

Funny how Trump has won 2 of the last 6 “TC” events, more than any other player.

Postby Iranu

Alex0paul wrote:Funny how Trump has won 2 of the last 6 “TC” events, more than any other player.

By next Sunday he’ll have won 0 of the last 5.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Funny how Trump has won 2 of the last 6 “TC” events, more than any other player.

<laugh>

Postby LC

Iranu wrote:

And won three the same as Shaun Murphy and only 1 more than Bingham and Stevens

Postby SteveJJ

Bad luck for McGill and Hawkins who are above Perry and G Wilson in the rankings. I wonder if they have been asked to hot foot it to MK in case any of the other players from Monday onwards test positive.

Otherwise it might be players still about from the CL, Jimmy, Hendry , Ken or Dom who would replace them in that scenario.

It is an invitational event so doesn't have to go on rankings and in a 16 man field so would be trying to avoid any byes where possible.

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:Bad luck for McGill and Hawkins who are above Perry and G Wilson in the rankings. I wonder if they have been asked to hot foot it to MK in case any of the other players from Monday onwards test positive.

Otherwise it might be players still about from the CL, Jimmy, Hendry , Ken or Dom who would replace them in that scenario.

It is an invitational event so doesn't have to go on rankings and in a 16 man field so would be trying to avoid any byes where possible.

Is that why they got picked? The highest ranked players that were nearby?

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Bad luck for McGill and Hawkins who are above Perry and G Wilson in the rankings. I wonder if they have been asked to hot foot it to MK in case any of the other players from Monday onwards test positive.

Is that why they got picked? The highest ranked players that were nearby?

Well Wilson at least was in the vicinity. Maybe the higher ranked players were asked to go as reserves and turned the offer down. I'm only speculating