Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Snooker 2021 !!

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:I’d also argue Selby’s peak is better than Robbo’s, although it’s close. Robbo has the edge in scoring of course (though not by as much as some would have you believe) but Selby’s safety and tactical game is several orders of magnitude better than Robbo’s.

For example, no way does Robbo beat Ding in the 2017 WC semi the way Ding was playing. Both players were in top scoring form but Selby’s tactical game won the day.

In a pure scorefest, Robbo wins. But snooker isn’t just scoring.

Robbo hits his peak far more often than Selby, though.

Do you think Selby could have beaten Trump in the CoC final 2019 the way Trump played? Robertson did, by playing unbelievable Snooker. And Trump in that match played to a much higher level than Ding did.

I also posted the match stats of the 2017 WC semis a few months ago (unfortunately they dont exist anymore) and it showed a pot success of 88 or 89% for Selby and Ding. Safety success was good but you can watch the match and see how many opportunities Ding actually missed. Like golden opportunities, especially in the final session.

Of course he could have. Trump wasn’t playing unbeatable snooker or he wouldn’t have been beaten. Selby probably wouldn’t have won making 5 centuries but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t have won.

Look, Robbo’s a better scorer than Selby, of course he is. But Selby’s safety and tactical game is SO much better than Robbo’s that I believe his overall peak is marginally higher.

When we discuss players at this level the margins and differences are tiny. And discussing peak snooker is basically irrelevant anyway.

Selby’s not some mug who’s fluked his way to three world titles, he’s an excellent snooker player whether you like him or not. He’s responsible for my second worst ever feeling after a snooker match but I’m not gonna deny how good he is.

Postby Prop

UNFLAPPABLY POSITIVE MAN’S SECRET TO UNFLAPPABLE POSITIVITY REVEALED IN SHOCK EXPOSÉ!

Dan-cat wrote:usually around 16 hours, most of which is sleeping

Postby HappyCamper

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Tom Ford just ate Selby for breakfast - 3 nil.

bit late for breakfast, more like afternoon tea.

Never too late for breakfast - best meal of the day!

Disagree! I always intermittent fast from last meal of evening till lunch, which is usually around 16 hours, most of which is sleeping. Very useful tool

sounds hellish, i eat like four to five meals a day. i like eating!

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:
Prop wrote:UNFLAPPABLY POSITIVE MAN’S SECRET TO UNFLAPPABLE POSITIVITY REVEALED IN SHOCK EXPOSÉ!

Haha. Way more simple than that. I like to see my abs <laugh>

Basically you don’t have time to eat, because you’re asleep for two thirds of your life! Not knocking you btw, I’d be all over that lifestyle <laugh>

Postby Dan-cat

Prop wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Prop wrote:UNFLAPPABLY POSITIVE MAN’S SECRET TO UNFLAPPABLE POSITIVITY REVEALED IN SHOCK EXPOSÉ!

Basically you don’t have time to eat, because you’re asleep for two thirds of your life! Not knocking you btw, I’d be all over that lifestyle <laugh>

Nooooo I'm only sleeping the usual 7 hours or so. My point is it's very easy to go from say last meal around 7 to not eating till 1ish the next day. I'd been doing it for years anyway before I found out about intermittent fasting. It's very good for your immune system (and other functions, and focus/concentration) to not be processing food for several hours.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ford misses a red that’s literally right over the pocket rofl

Gallantrabbit will have a field day with that one!

Lolz, that guy!

Now now, let’s not start a pile-on.

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:
Prop wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Nooooo I'm only sleeping the usual 7 hours or so. My point is it's very easy to go from say last meal around 7 to not eating till 1ish the next day. I'd been doing it for years anyway before I found out about intermittent fasting. It's very good for your immune system (and other functions, and focus/concentration) to not be processing food for several hours.

I get ya. I’m not sure it’d work for me, I can’t function in the morning unless I’ve had food. I can’t function in the morning full stop tbh. Unless it’s spring or summer, then I’m up with the sun, no issues. I’m pretty sure I’ve got Seasonal Affective Disorder!

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Higgins vs Selt next.

A handsome match up.

Bang a tab, DC, you’ll think you’re watching Lisowski
<ok>

Hahah the stuff I get is not that good

Snooker and hallucinogens don’t mix in my experience. Unless you’d enjoy watching Alan McManus become the devil.

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:Au contraire Prop, played pool a lot while tripping!!

That actually sounds like fun! I find it’s often much more rewarding to be doing something rather than just allowing the experience itself to be a central focus. I’m hoping we’re allowed some freedom this summer, a few days in nature is a perfect environment.

Set and setting crucial, as always ;-)