Topic locked

World Series from Prague in HD

Postby Roland

Finally, I get to see snooker in HD and let's hope it's only a matter of time before all snooker can be seen this way.

Prague is the setting, Eurosport HD is the channel and unfortunately there appear to be several thousand empty seats! Poor John Higgins, he's having to play on tv and try to forget the fact that everyone can see how large the venue is and how few are actually there.

Hopefully this is down to it being the wildcard 10 reds round and once we get to the semis and final the place will be packed. If not, it looks like this venture we all want to work could take a big financial hit.

Come on you Czechs, get to the venue!

Re: World Series from Prague in HD

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Finally, I get to see snooker in HD and let's hope it's only a matter of time before all snooker can be seen this way.

Prague is the setting, Eurosport HD is the channel and unfortunately there appear to be several thousand empty seats! Poor John Higgins, he's having to play on tv and try to forget the fact that everyone can see how large the venue is and how few are actually there.

Hopefully this is down to it being the wildcard 10 reds round and once we get to the semis and final the place will be packed. If not, it looks like this venture we all want to work could take a big financial hit.

Come on you Czechs, get to the venue!

theres a underlining fact snooker seats are uncomfortable.

in the 80s and most of the 90s to see live snooker you had to go to a venue these days all you need are a button to click feet up on sofa and a can of lager in your hand.

people will go to venues but it has to be a attractive match or in the right area. gone are the days you can pitch up anywhere and put wild cards or journeymen in a match and expect them to flock there. just put TV or computer on.

snooker is massively popular but getting the venue and matches right is essential and with respect 10 reds is a joke.

Postby Seifer Almasy

Why do they choose this mickey mouse 6 and 10 ball event over a shot clock which still preserves a 15 ball game?

10 reds is not real snooker.

Postby Roland

10 reds is more real snooker than 15 reds + shot clock :idea:

Anyway, have seen a bit of White v Dott and disappointingly small crowd is there on the last day. As I said in the other topic, fair play to Higgins and Mooney for giving it a go but it looks like this time they've picked a city which isn't yet ready to embrass snooker.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:10 reds is more real snooker than 15 reds + shot clock :idea:

Anyway, have seen a bit of White v Dott and disappointingly small crowd is there on the last day. As I said in the other topic, fair play to Higgins and Mooney for giving it a go but it looks like this time they've picked a city which isn't yet ready to embrass snooker.

yup and empty arenas sort of suited Jimmy with his pontins experience and he won it beating Dott 5-3 in the final.