Topic locked

Premier League 2010: Week 6 (Banbury)

Postby Bourne

The 2010 Premier League enters it's sixth week with all 7 players separated by just three points as the race for the semi-finals begins to hot up. World Champion Neil Robertson remains winless after his draw with Mark Williams in week-five and now faces recent PTC5 winner Ding Junhui, who heads the Premier League currently on 4 points. In Thursday's other match, Marco Fu and Mark Williams take on one another with each player tied on 3 points and with a chance to solidify their claim for the last-four.

Live coverage will be on SkySports2.

Thursday 21 October
1930 BST: Neil Robertson 6-0 Ding Junhui
Followed by: Marco Fu 3-3 Mark Williams

Table as of Week Five
1 Mark Selby 4pts/Played 4/Frames won - 13
2 Ding Junhui 4pts/P 4/FW - 11
3 Mark Williams 4pts/P 3/FW - 10
4 Shaun Murphy 3pts/P 3/FW - 10
------------------------
5 Ronnie O'Sullivan 3pts/P 3/FW - 9
6 Marco Fu 3pts/P 3/FW - 8
7 Neil Robertson 1pt/P 2/FW - 5

Links:
Premier League - http://tinyurl.com/36w2p8q
Fixtures - http://tinyurl.com/398e5kp
Skysports - http://tinyurl.com/39oht4g

Predictions Thread - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1285

Re: Premier League 2010: Week 6 (Banbury)

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Any chance Bourne, do you think with regard to your PL table below, putting how many match's each of the players have played, please?

Postby Witz78

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Any chance Bourne, do you think with regard to your PL table below, putting how many match's each of the players have played, please?

yeh and frames won too would be handy <ok>

infact what the heck, go the full way and stick a line between 4th and 5th just so we can see the cut-off point rofl

Postby SnookerFan

I'm considering getting some beer in for this, but don't know if I will. The plus side of being 'home' at the moment is that I get Sky Sports. The downside is if I have more then one mouthful of beer I get questions asked of me, or at least several disapproving looks coming my way.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:yes

he has Ronnie and Murphy still to come ...

IM SURE ITS TOP OF HIS PRIORITIES LIST FOR THE SEASON

:redneck: :emu:

Postby SnookerFan

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

With £1000 for every frame won and £1000 for every century, you can understand why they'd use this as an opportunity to supplement their income rather then a serious competition.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

With £1000 for every frame won and £1000 for every century, you can understand why they'd use this as an opportunity to supplement their income rather then a serious competition.

yes just ask top sportsmen like federer they are motivated by money more tha winning big titles

:wave: <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Gj, its totally different in tennis as the top players are multi millionaires many times over whereas in snooker theres so little money around in comparison that of course the PL money is worth chasing.
Perfect example of snooker players being motivated by money is Ronnies recent 147 episode.

Postby GJ

strange the best match being played first tonight normally its the other way round

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:the 147 had nothing to do with finances it was a dig at Barry Hearn.

Wasn't Ronnie the one leading the calls for Barry Hearn to sign? I mean, I know Simon Cowell was his first choice, but still. :john:

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:Gj, its totally different in tennis as the top players are multi millionaires many times over whereas in snooker theres so little money around in comparison that of course the PL money is worth chasing.
Perfect example of snooker players being motivated by money is Ronnies recent 147 episode.

:clap: :idea:

Witz 1-0 GJ <ok>

Postby Wildey

any disaproving glances as yet ?

or thats more after a few when your underpants on your head <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:any disaproving glances as yet ?

or thats more after a few when your underpants on your head <laugh>

It's a weekly tradition. I drink beer, I watch PL Snooker. And I complain about Goldstein being an unfunny idiot.