Topic locked

New idea for a tournament....

Postby SnookerFan

As we're all excited about Power Snooker, I thought I'd invent another event in the same vein.

Say hello to Super Mega-Wega Power-Fantastic Ball Snooker. :wave:

Rule 1. There is only one red. People don't like to see endless pottings of reds, it's crap.
Rule 2. There is an orange ball called the Mega-Ball. If you pot that, you get 100 points and an instant £10,000 century break prize. Ronnie has agreed to not bother trying to pot this one.
Rule 3. The referees are all women. Using this a sales pitch is degrading to women, but whilst we're getting blamed for that we might as well have the referees naked as well...
Rule 4. There is an eight second shot clock rule. How long does it take to hit a ball with a bit of wood? Anything longer then eight seconds they are just taking too long to bend over.
Rule 5. We have spent a lot of money bringing in tailor's to design fashionable clothes to make the game more appealing to young people. Remember, fans watch snooker specifically to see what players are wearing.
Rule 6. Frames don't count. Points count for half. The rest is decided by a telephone vote by the public.

This is going to be huge. Who is with me? We could play it in Wembley Stadium. We'd sell out 90,000 tickets easy. <ok>

Ps. This is satire.

Re: New idea for a tournament....

Postby Monique

regarding rule 3 ... this obviously requires excellent heating system. Buderus or Viessmann to sponsor the tournament?
Rule 5 is working against rule 3. Bring on lingerie...
90 000 tickets and 90 000 binoculars.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:regarding rule 3 ... this obviously requires excellent heating system. Buderus or Viessmann to sponsor the tournament?

You might just be on to something, Monique...

*BREAKING NEWS* In an attempt to sex up the game, Anne Summers has come in to sponsor the event. They will be generously supplying the referees uniforms. The bad news is, to finalise their sponsorship, we had to agree to a few interesting modifications to the player's cues.

More to follow....

Postby SnookerFan

Players that have confirmed.

Ronnie O'Sullivan He'll be the poster boy of the event. He'll come to the press conferences and refer to this as the 'future of snooker'. He will also refer to anybody who watches The Crucible as 'hammers'. What he really meant to say was that he doesn't like hanging round between matches.

Luca Brecel We are heavily relying on youthful talent for this tournament.

Jimmy White What? Oh sod off, he'll sell tickets.

My seven year old God-Son Again, we are investing in youth. He has a small table in his bedroom, and barely understands the rules. But he fully deserved his place in the tournament, and has no bias whatsoever. He'll get paid the same as anybody else, for his inevitable victory.

Reanne Evans was going to join in, but then she saw the female dress code for this event, and politely declined. It took me a long time to get that cue out, I can tell you...

Postby Smart

Monique wrote:regarding rule 3 ... this obviously requires excellent heating system. Buderus or Viessmann to sponsor the tournament?

I can see it now (parden the pun) - sales of binoculars soar in the Wembley area of London............. :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:

I can see it now (parden the pun) - sales of binoculars soar in the Wembley area of London............. :wave:

It's a masterstroke by Hearn. He is buttering up Royal Wembley Binoculars to try and get them to sponsor The Masters.