Post a reply

DING JOINS BOARD OF WPBSA

Postby Dan-cat

The World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBSA) has today (Wednesday 23 December 2020) held its Annual General Meeting online.

The AGM saw the election of a further two current members to join the first Board of WPBSA Players, a new body which received formal approval as part of a governance review and wider constitutional changes passed at an Extraordinary General Meeting held on 25 November.

Eight members stood for election: Nigel Bond, Ding Junhui, Joe Perry, Mark Davis, Rod Lawler, Barry Pinches, Lee Walker and Tian Pengfei.

The result was that Nigel Bond and Ding Junhui were successfully elected by the membership and will join existing directors Ken Doherty, Mike Dunn and Peter Lines on the new WPBSA Players Board.

The AGM also saw the presentation of the Accounts and Directors Report, including the latest independently audited accounts, which were unanimously accepted by the meeting.

Full story: https://wpbsa.com/wpbsa-annual-general-meeting-2020/

Re: DING JOINS BOARD OF WPBSA

Postby Prop

That’ll be good news for the lads at Victoria’s in Sheff. Bondy runs the place, I believe.

Postby lhpirnie

Prop wrote:That’ll be good news for the lads at Victoria’s in Sheff. Bondy runs the place, I believe.

No, that's not correct. Nigel Bond and Ding Junhui are both at Ding's Academy, also in Sheffield, but a completely different establishment.

Postby Prop

lhpirnie wrote:
Prop wrote:That’ll be good news for the lads at Victoria’s in Sheff. Bondy runs the place, I believe.

No, that's not correct. Nigel Bond and Ding Junhui are both at Ding's Academy, also in Sheffield, but a completely different establishment.

I stand corrected :hatoff:

Postby lhpirnie

Prop wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Yes, many of the Ding Academy staff came over from the STAR Academy, including Keith Warren, the general manager. Tian Pengfei is part of the organising team. Tian and his wife also run a restaurant in Sheffield. Nigel Bond is the head coach, but he did work with Victoria's boys a few years ago.

So it does seem that there's quite a lot of prestige and power now, with 2 members of the WPBSA board just a few months after opening.

Postby Prop

lhpirnie wrote:
Prop wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Yes, many of the Ding Academy staff came over from the STAR Academy, including Keith Warren, the general manager. Tian Pengfei is part of the organising team. Tian and his wife also run a restaurant in Sheffield. Nigel Bond is the head coach, but he did work with Victoria's boys a few years ago.

So it does seem that there's quite a lot of prestige and power now, with 2 members of the WPBSA board just a few months after opening.

Good info <ok> Yeah I knew he was involved with Vics, but it seems things have progressed a bit.

I’d imagine the majority of UK based Chinese players are pretty happy with these appointments!

Postby SnookerEd25

The_Abbott wrote:I'm glad there are three threads about this. I almost missed this news.

Have you heard the news about Yan Bingtao?

Postby csprince

The_Abbott wrote:I'm glad there are three threads about this. I almost missed this news.

my bad didn't know dan had already posted this.