Post a reply

So Ronnie didn't Win

Postby shanew48

Tonight and I'm presuming he didn't come in the top 3? Wouldn't have lowered his ego though getting the nomination.

It would have actually been justified if he had been nominated in 2013 for not playing at all that season and coming back to win the WC.

Re: So Ronnie didn't Win

Postby Andre147

Andy Murray was always going to win in 2013 for winning Wimbledon 1st time.

But Ronnie didnt even get nominated that year, which for me was an absolute travesty.

Postby Iranu

Yeah 2013 was the better time although as Andre says Murray was always going to win (and rightfully so in my opinion).

Postby Reg Varney

Was never winning or placing, just like Tyson Fury.

And he only got nominated in the first place because it was the most strangest of sporting years.

Postby SnookerFan

It's a rubbish competition, presented by bankers and barely cared about by anybody.

We should just feel that snooker is above this garbage. *

*Apologies to garbage for comparing it to the SPOTY.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:It's a rubbish competition, presented by bankers and barely cared about by anybody.

We should just feel that snooker is above this garbage. *

*Apologies to garbage for comparing it to the SPOTY.

:goodpost:

Anybody who watched SPOTY in preference to a thrilling snooker final deserves a lump of coal from Santa this year :hmmm:

Postby LDS

Just had a flick through the event on the iPlayer catch-up service and the Ronnie segment of this two hour show was a whopping 6 minutes and 15 seconds (about the length of a ronnie clearance) between 42:40 and 48:55 if anyone is interested in watching that segment. Someone's probably already isolated that bit for youtube I'd guess as well, though I haven't looked.

Other than that it would just be clips so small they don't even show-up on the scan-bar.

One other interesting snooker entry, Willie Thorne gets a nice prominent place during the obituaries segment, being one of the first shown after they've finished drooling over all the ex-footballers. Obits start at 1:46:45.

The ronnie segment is, as you can imagine, quite disappointing generally as it flits over everything so fast you can't take anything in, but its nice to see Ronnie Wood and Steve Davis say some nice things & its nice to see ronnie thanking Davis again, but its all stuff you'll have seen and heard before.

Postby Reg Varney

The obituary/tribute segment is the only decent thing about the show these days.

I tuned in for the final twenty minutes to catch that and hope, that on the off chance, Ronnie might place (even though I didn't expect him to at all).

Alex Scott was good on hosting duties, not sure why they feel the need to have four presenters though.

Postby SnookerEd25

Probably felt Willie deserved a decent tribute after their shabby treatment of him as one of their (better) commentators :irk:

Postby HappyCamper

lineker and thorne were pretty good friends weren't they?

Postby vodkadiet1

I hadn't realised that 'Capel Dave' had passed this year. I used to watch Northants a lot when he was playing. He was an entertaining and combative cricketer.

R.I.P.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:lineker and thorne were pretty good friends weren't they?

Possibly. I know Gary watches a fair bit of snooker.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:lineker and thorne were pretty good friends weren't they?

Possibly. I know Gary watches a fair bit of snooker.

Yes they were. Gary is (or was) of century break standard. Don’t know how much he plays these days though

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:That’s what I said :shrug:

I think we crossed in the post!

Ah well, great minds and all that...<ok>

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:That’s what I said :shrug:

I think we crossed in the post!