Post a reply

Favourite Moment of 2020?

Postby Alex0paul

As 2020 draws to a close, what has been your favourite snooker moment(s) of 2020?

Re: Favourite Moment of 2020?

Postby HustleKing

Ronnie beating Murphy's record for fastest Crucible victory

Postby D4P

Holden Chinaski wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opQpCCx7jDw

The second escape Ronnie played was an incredible shot. I always wonder whether Mark tapped the table in appreciation or not. He appears to be on his way to doing so, but the camera cuts away and so we can't be sure...

Postby Holden Chinaski

D4P wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opQpCCx7jDw

The second escape Ronnie played was an incredible shot. I always wonder whether Mark tapped the table in appreciation or not. He appears to be on his way to doing so, but the camera cuts away and so we can't be sure...

I think he did. It was an incredible shot. Ronnie said it was a brilliant shot as well when he was talking about that match on Eurosport.

Postby Juddernaut88

My biased moments would be:
Judd Trumps clearance in the 2020 Players championship semi final deciding frame vs Stephen Maguire. and Judd Trump beating Ronnie in the Northern Ireland Open final.

Without being overly biased it is of course:
Both world championship semi finals which went to a decider, they were cracking matches.

Postby SnookerEd25

I quite liked when Ben Williams got stung by a wasp... :chuckle:

Postby Iranu

I’m still snake hissed off that I was out for my sister’s birthday for both semi finals’ final sessions. I caught Ronnie’s burst on my phone while sat in the pub but missed Kyren-McGill.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:I’m still snake hissed off that I was out for my sister’s birthday for both semi finals’ final sessions. I caught Ronnie’s burst on my phone while sat in the pub but missed Kyren-McGill.

Have you spoke to your sister since? :chin:

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Iranu wrote:I’m still snake hissed off that I was out for my sister’s birthday for both semi finals’ final sessions. I caught Ronnie’s burst on my phone while sat in the pub but missed Kyren-McGill.

Of course I have, she’s my sister.

I’ve told her, “buck off you piece of rubbish” several times.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

pmsl

Postby Andre147

Both semi-finals closing day, one of the best ever Snooker days, and to top it all with one of the very best wins of Ronnie's illustrious career. :D :happy: :D

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Lol

Postby Ck147

My favourite moment is when Robbo got the pink to beat Trump 10-9 in the UK...no surprise there. The 2 WC semi-finals were up there too.

Postby Juddernaut88

Ck147 wrote:My favourite moment is when Robbo got the pink to beat Trump 10-9 in the UK...no surprise there. The 2 WC semi-finals were up there too.

Thanks for reminding me of that :sad:

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:My favourite moment is when Robbo got the pink to beat Trump 10-9 in the UK...no surprise there. The 2 WC semi-finals were up there too.

Thanks for reminding me of that :sad:

Sorry :)

Postby Alex0paul

The surreallness of the World semis being played infront of an empty theatre was one of my favourite moments

Postby Cloud Strife

Selby’s salty post-match interview was a joy to behold. You could see how much that 3 frame burst had hurt him, and he still hasn't recovered from it to this day.

Postby csprince

judders havin kittens when o'sullivan came back at trump in the northern ireland final that was funny.

Postby LDS

Wilson v McGill WSC 2020

then

Higgins v Maflin WSC 2020

That latter match appears to be highly underrated here, it contained the first 147 at the crucible since 2013 and involved extremely tense moments throughout as Maflin tried desperately to hold onto his form with the classic come-back king Higgins right on his tail.

Postby McManusFan

You're right, that Higgins v Maflin match was excellent. Just gets overshadowed by the semi-finals. What a great world championship we had this year (even if the final was a bit of a damp squib)!

Postby Juddernaut88

csprince wrote:judders havin kittens when o'sullivan came back at trump in the northern ireland final that was funny.

Lol I do always seem to get a bit nervous, I was last night too!