Post a reply

Who is your second-favourite player?

Postby Pink Ball

I think we've a good idea who nearly everyone here supports, but who is your second-favourite player? I think this could be a better measure of popularity in many ways as I believe most people will have Ronnie O'Sullivan as their favourite, but anybody who doesn't is very unlikely to have him second.

My favourite player is Ding Junhui, but my second favourite is Judd Trump. Always liked his style, but he is a much more measured player now while still being very exciting to watch.

Re: Who is your second-favourite player?

Postby Pink Ball

Acé wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan

Proof that there are exceptions to the rule.

I do love watching Ronnie O'Sullivan myself. He plays the game exactly as I love to see it played. I've warmed to him a bit over the last eight years as his attitude improved, but I couldn't stick him at all up to that point. Can't put him that high on my list.

Postby Acé

Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan

Proof that there are exceptions to the rule.

I do love watching Ronnie O'Sullivan myself. He plays the game exactly as I love to see it played. I've warmed to him a bit over the last eight years as his attitude improved, but I couldn't stick him at all up to that point. Can't put him that high on my list.

I only care about the snooker and what's enjoyable, he just happened to make the game look easy compared to anyone else and does it in style.

Postby Juddernaut88

My 2nd favourite is Ding Junhui. I've always loved the way he plays and I hope he will win the world championship eventually. Of course once Hendry does return playing properly. I'd have Hendry and Judd Trump joint top, Ding Junhui 2nd. Jack Lisowski is 3rd.

Postby Acé

Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:My appreciation of ROS went further up in the last 3 frames of that WC semi, thought I'd seen everything from him

Yeah, that was just exhilarating. It was as incredible as nearly anything I've seen in the game.

He actually looked good in that session overall, beginning was just as good as the ending and looked like he was gonna steamroll after 13-13, it was just the middle which went crazy but that added to the madness

Postby Iranu

I’d say Ding but honestly he might be my favourite now in which case Ronnie. Either way, closely followed by MJW in third.

Postby D4P

I've actually thought about this a lot, and haven't come to any final conclusions. I think my answer is probably Neil Robertson, though only when he's playing quickly. I don't enjoy wataching him when he slows down.

Postby Ck147

Ck147 wrote:Ronnie

I lied. It's probably Judd or Allen for me, nah, bolx Judd or Ronnie, or Selby, I don't know, have a few who I put on my 2nd favourites tier.

Postby chengdufan

My list is fairly fluid.
This year it has been:
1. Zhao Xintong
2. Judd Trump

Zhao might have slipped down if he hadn't performed this week.

Zhou Yuelong and Pang Junxu have been pushing them close in the last few months.

Postby HappyCamper

ding junhui.

after that mostly any of the youngsters, in particular those from overseas.

and hendry, who is allegedly a player again.

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:Ding, closely followed by Marco Fu. (McManus and Higgins are joint first).

Why aren’t you DingFan? :chin:

Postby Iranu

Ah dude I totally misunderstood what was happening. I’ve literally just woken up from a weird-ass dream and my head’s still frazzled.

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:Ah dude I totally misunderstood what was happening. I’ve literally just woken up from a weird-ass dream and my head’s still frazzled.

Are you crazy insane got no brain?