Post a reply

Howcome Ronnie Or Trump

Postby shanew48

get an extra day off compared to the other semi finalists at the world grand prix? I thought that both semi finals are usually played on the Saturday? Selby will not be happy about this either! lol

Re: Howcome Ronnie Or Trump

Postby Juddernaut88

ITV tournaments generally seem to have the first semi final on a Friday night and the other on a Saturday night, maybe they show something most Saturday afternoons

Postby HustleKing

Don't really see an issue with it, as long as Trump and Ronnie have not continually gotten an extra day off when they've got to the final of this event, in which case you would have to accuse ITV of favouritism

Postby HappyCamper

The racing is on ITV4 in the after noon, so only one session on the Saturday.

Postby Juddernaut88

To be fair all of Judd Trumps semi finals this season have been Saturday evenings. The last time he played a semi final on a Friday night was the players championship in late Feb/early March this year. He did play 2 semi finals last season on Saturday afternoons, the German Masters in February this year and the Northern Ireland Open in November 2019.
Last edited by Juddernaut88 on 18 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerEd25

shanew48 wrote:get an extra day off compared to the other semi finalists at the world grand prix? I thought that both semi finals are usually played on the Saturday? Selby will not be happy about this either! lol

Well, he has to beat my man Vafaei first...

He might get the whole weekend off. :happy:

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:ITV tournaments generally seem to have the first semi final on a Friday night and the other on a Saturday night, maybe they show something most Saturday afternoons

It's to make way for the horse racing.

They used to have no play on Thursdays to make way for football.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:ITV tournaments generally seem to have the first semi final on a Friday night and the other on a Saturday night, maybe they show something most Saturday afternoons

It's to make way for the horse racing.

They used to have no play on Thursdays to make way for football.

Oh crap I remember that. Used to castrate a tournament just as it was getting going <doh>

Postby shanew48

Really can't see Ronnie beating Trump or Selby over any sort of distance right now, he has been progressing in recent tournaments' because his poor game is still better than most of the other players, to be fair every player comes to a point where their eyes and/or concentration or even nerves just arnt what they need to be to continue winning consistently, it happened to all of the top players eventually, Reardon, Davis, Hendry and perhaps we are starting to see the decline in Ronnie now and in 10-15 years it will happen to Trump too.

I understand Ronnie won the World Championship but I don't think he actually played that well compared to his usual standards, kind of papered over the cracks somewhat as if you looking at his returns all last season leading up to the WC, it was pretty poor by his high standards.

Postby shanew48

shanew48 wrote:Anyway, I'm thinking Trump to win 6-2 tonight, lets see.

Not too far off with my prediction at least!

Postby Juddernaut88

That was a good prediction, I thought the match would have been a lot closer.

Postby shanew48

Juddernaut88 wrote:

That was a good prediction, I thought the match would have been a lot closer.

I just couldn't see Ronnie being able to make it close tonight, against most players he can be loose and still win because they keep letting him off the hook basically and not punishing him but when you come up against Trump or Selby in his current form, you will get punished every time if you're not on top of your game, which I don't think Ronnie has been for a good 18 months or so now at least.