Topic locked

The Russelsheim Cup (EPTC 3)

Postby Wildey

in Russelsheim, Germany (22nd-24th of October)

The PTC Crosses back to Europe This week with The Rhein-Main Masters (EPTC 3) and the Question everyone asking is will Ronnie O'Sullivan Be Playing in it ? his first Round Opponent Kuldesh Johal will be asking that same Question lol

World Champion Neil Robertson, UK Champion Ding Junhui and Masters Champion Mark Selby will be there aswell as Shaun Murphy,Mark Williams ,Stephen Hendry and PTC 6 Champion Dominic Dale

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

Some Interesting Last 128 Matches

Barry Hawkins v Stephen Hendry
Igor Figueiredo v Ken Doherty
Mark Davis v Zhang Anda
Mathew Stevens v Ali Carter
Ding Junhui v Mark Allen
Andy Hicks v Luca Brecel

Dominic Dale Plays Dieter Meier
Martin Gould Plays Phillip Arnold

Re: The Russelsheim Cup (EPTC 3)

Postby Wildey

These Players are Definitely in the finals in March if they play enough EPTC

Barry Pinches
Mark Selby
Mark Williams
Dominic Dale
Judd Trump
Shaun Murphy
Tom Ford
Martin Gould
Marco Fu
Jamie Jones
Stephen Maguire
Jack Lisowski
Anthony Hamilton
Ricky Walden

10 places up for Grabs

Re: The Russelsheim Cup(EPTC 3)

Postby Casey

Hendry gets another W/O of a draw.... <doh>

Allen v Ding is the best of the last 128...gooooooooooooo Mark.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:These Players are Definitely in the finals in March if they play enough EPTC

Barry Pinches
Mark Selby
Mark Williams
Dominic Dale
Judd Trump
Shaun Murphy
Tom Ford
Martin Gould
Marco Fu
Jamie Jones
Stephen Maguire
Jack Lisowski
Anthony Hamilton
Ricky Walden

10 places up for Grabs

i think Jimmy will grab one of the 24 spots, so long as he picks up a few wins here and there in the remaining 4 events (which he will DEF enter) then he should creep in. The extra 1,100 he coulda got from not blowing the 3-1 lead today v Wenbo could be significant though.

Postby Wildey

i think he missed his chance today

he is a 1000 points off the 24 with only 4 events to go Jimmy needs semi finals a few wins here and there wont do it for him.

in this event he has Drago then Murphy and Possible Ding before he makes the Quarters.

Postby Casey

Remember guys as it stands its top 26 because Ding and Ronnie won't be in the finals <ok>

Postby Monique

eirebilly wrote:Is there any news as to wether or not Ronnie will attend yet?

He's in the draw but given the fact that he's withdrawn from all 4 of the last PTC/EPTC he's entered and he is therefore not eligible for the Grand final, I doubt he will turn up in any of the remaining events. Note that I know nothing more than any of you do, it's just that I don't see it happen unless he feels he needs the ranking points.
And regarding the Grand Final all the raging there was here earlier made me smile. If you look at the Order of Merit page on WSA it says "enter" not "play", however the players who haven't actually played are listed as "non entries" in the Order Of Merit document (they have no "money points" as opposed to those who played but lost first round who get "0 money points"). So for me it's clear that those who haven't actually played in enough events are not eligible, and that includes Ronnie, Ding, Higgins and Davis. And all speculations about "doctor notes" are also out of order. There were none.

Postby Wildey

yes you got to play it is obvious and on the pdf document it does clearly state played anyway.

yes i doubt Ronnie will play in germany and also cant really see him going up to Gloucester either to be honest having power snooker that weekend but what i will say by entering he has given the tournaments a financial boost of £400 without trying to win it back.

Postby Eirebilly

I hope that Ronnie doesnt see it that way Mon and does make an appearance. It would be great advertisement for the game in Europe to see a player like Ronnie turning up.

Postby Wildey

eirebilly wrote:I hope that Ronnie doesnt see it that way Mon and does make an appearance. It would be great advertisement for the game in Europe to see a player like Ronnie turning up.

i hope so too

it really is a kick in the groin for Barry Hearn the lack of effort he has done in these events but he might have a legitimate reason we dont really know about

Postby Eirebilly

We dont know what the reasons are for his not playing but i really do hope he makes an appearance. He is very popular here in Europe so it would be a thrill for his fans if he turned up.

Postby Monique

I hope so too of course, and as I will be in Hamm I'd really want to see him play there. But realistically I'm not expecting it.
As for the "lack of effort", well at least he's tried properly in the ones he has attended and by entering and playing in the first one he gave the series a boost. Why he hasn't turned up in any of them since late August, only he knows for sure, and as Wild points out, his reasons might be perfectly legitimate. He has no obligation to give the world any explanations especially if they are of private nature.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:I hope so too of course, and as I will be in Hamm I'd really want to see him play there. But realistically I'm not expecting it.
As for the "lack of effort", well at least he's tried properly in the ones he has attended and by entering and playing in the first one he gave the series a boost. Why he hasn't turned up in any of them since late August, only he knows for sure, and as Wild points out, his reasons might be perfectly legitimate. He has no obligation to give the world any explanations especially if they are of private nature.

i just think Tournaments like these are ideal for Ronnie where he could let his hair down and let it flow Exhibition Like even and the Ranking Points and Cash he would have got out of theme would be immense.

i just think theres a underlying reason why hes not played that much in them because start of season he was Positive about the PTC.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:yes you got to play it is obvious and on the pdf document it does clearly state played anyway.

yes i doubt Ronnie will play in germany and also cant really see him going up to Gloucester either to be honest having power snooker that weekend but what i will say by entering he has given the tournaments a financial boost of £400 without trying to win it back.

£400

yeh no-one can accuse Ronnie of not putting something back into the game rofl

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Monique wrote:I hope so too of course, and as I will be in Hamm I'd really want to see him play there. But realistically I'm not expecting it.

i just think Tournaments like these are ideal for Ronnie where he could let his hair down and let it flow Exhibition Like even and the Ranking Points and Cash he would have got out of theme would be immense.

i just think theres a underlying reason why hes not played that much in them because start of season he was Positive about the PTC.

Yeh we saw the cracking play (well we didnt see it but yous know what i mean :john: ) he produced in the PTC event where he got to the final, when he won 17 frames in a row against a series of quality opponents like Selby, Fu and i cannot remember the others.

Ronnie did embrace the PTC at the start and with a bit of application would probably have easily been sitting clear at the top of the PTC rankings, as well as having earned some half decent money (not that he needs it or is motivated by it) and valuable ranking points that could easily have seen him around 3 or 4 in the rankings.

The biggest dissapointment is that Ronnie would have been greatly received by the fans in Europe and he would have lived up to the billing Hearn had gave him as the flagbearer of the sport.

Call me cynical, but there seems to be a link between the controversy over the 147 prize and his subsequent no-show at the PTC events. It makes me think, theres been something behind the scenes between him and Hearn. :huh:

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Yeh we saw the cracking play (well we didnt see it but yous know what i mean :john: ) he produced in the PTC event where he got to the final, when he won 17 frames in a row against a series of quality opponents like Selby, Fu and i cannot remember the others.

Ronnie did embrace the PTC at the start and with a bit of application would probably have easily been sitting clear at the top of the PTC rankings, as well as having earned some half decent money (not that he needs it or is motivated by it) and valuable ranking points that could easily have seen him around 3 or 4 in the rankings.

The biggest dissapointment is that Ronnie would have been greatly received by the fans in Europe and he would have lived up to the billing Hearn had gave him as the flagbearer of the sport.

Call me cynical, but there seems to be a link between the controversy over the 147 prize and his subsequent no-show at the PTC events. It makes me think, theres been something behind the scenes between him and Hearn. :huh:

He was pulling out of tournaments before the World Open - Shanghai and EPTC1.

Postby Witz78

case_master wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

He was pulling out of tournaments before the World Open - Shanghai and EPTC1.

Yeh Shanghai was hardly a surprise and as for the first EPTC, well we kinda knew he would only do 3 of the 6, the bare minimum he could get away with.

But few of us could have expected that he would just give up on the PTC and not even bother doing the 3 PTC and 3 EPTC minimum requirments, especially when he was virtually qualified for the finals stages already by virtue of his final appearance.

Postby Casey

But few of us could have expected that he would just give up on the PTC and not even bother doing the 3 PTC and 3 EPTC minimum requirments, especially when he was virtually qualified for the finals stages already by virtue of his final appearance.[/quote]

Very ture, as you say he was basically guaranteed a final spot after 2 events. I have to say I am surprised as with the PTC's he only had to play on the Saturday and Sunday.
He might have fallen out with Hearn but is still willing to play in the PL and power snooker :huh2: Contracted to??

I wonder is Ronnie winding down his career?

Postby Wildey

Dont Know about you but for me the most Prestigious PTC of the season was The Paul Hunter Classic and i was more surprise with him not being there than any of the others.

Postby Witz78

case_master wrote:But few of us could have expected that he would just give up on the PTC and not even bother doing the 3 PTC and 3 EPTC minimum requirments, especially when he was virtually qualified for the finals stages already by virtue of his final appearance.

Very ture, as you say he was basically guaranteed a final spot after 2 events. I have to say I am surprised as with the PTC's he only had to play on the Saturday and Sunday.
He might have fallen out with Hearn but is still willing to play in the PL and power snooker :huh2: Contracted to??

I wonder is Ronnie winding down his career?[/quote]

yeh the way i see it, Ronnie is now to an extent carrying out his threat to quit snooker, ok not properly but partially, Hes now a part time pro focusing only really on the Premier League, Masters, UK and Worlds. Nothing else really interest him now id have to say, no motivation to play in a dead end ranker, been there done that etc

Postby Monique

I must say I'm fed up with this "Ronnie threats to quit snooker" story. He does not "threat" anyone with anything. The very notion of threatening supposes he is expecting to get something out of it ... and that's not the case. He's not "blackmailing" the snooker world in any way.
He's a person who has been battling depression and mental illness for all his adult life and at times he feels it's too much and can't take more. He's also someone who speaks his mind on the moment and that's all there is.
It might be indeed that he feels he has nothing to prove anymore and does want to take more "me and family time". Or maybe he has serious private reasons that force him to shift his priorities. Only he will know.

Postby Roland

"Threatens" is a word much over used in media headlines much like "Slams"

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
case_master wrote:But few of us could have expected that he would just give up on the PTC and not even bother doing the 3 PTC and 3 EPTC minimum requirments, especially when he was virtually qualified for the finals stages already by virtue of his final appearance.

yeh the way i see it, Ronnie is now to an extent carrying out his threat to quit snooker, ok not properly but partially, Hes now a part time pro focusing only really on the Premier League, Masters, UK and Worlds. Nothing else really interest him now id have to say, no motivation to play in a dead end ranker, been there done that etc

but that does not fit the profile of the guy that started the season and wanted change, got the change Barry Hearn in. He Entered PTC 1 when i thought he wouldn't enter the first or second then get stuck in When PTC 3 and 4 came along.

how ironic is this Article 4 months later
http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC1_news(O ... r_Calendar)-2237.htm?tid=166

O’Sullivan And Davis Excited By Expanded New World Snooker Calendar

Snooker stars Ronnie O'Sullivan and Steve Davis have expressed their excitement about the new tournaments on the expanded World Snooker calendar for the coming season.

In recent weeks, World Snooker, led by Chairman Barry Hearn, have added to the calendar a ranking event in Germany, a quick-fire Shoot-Out to be televised by Sky and a World Seniors Championship as well as the Player Tour Championship, a series of 12 short events culminating in a televised finale.

The calendar now consists of 24 snooker events, 20 of which will have world ranking points on offer for the players.

Three-times World Champion O'Sullivan said: "It's great to see new ideas for the game. Barry is already delivering on his promises and I'm positive that there will be more to come."

Snooker legend Davis believes that the Player Tour Championship (PTC) events will provide professionals with the busy schedule they have been calling for in recent years.

"It's a new direction for snooker, and if the game is to grow then the PTC will be an integral part of that," he said. "The players will have to get into a mindset of playing virtually every week, like darts players do now. I intend to play in as many events as possible once the season gets going."

The PTC will feature a new Order of Merit based on money earned at each event, with the top 24 after the 12 events to go through to the TV stages.

"With ranking points and a lot of prize money available, plus the chance to get into the big event at the end, there's every incentive," added 52-year-old Davis, who recently reached the quarter-finals of the Betfred.com World Snooker Championship on his record 30th appearance at the Crucible. "The players who are competing week-in, week-out will also become hardened to the match situation.

"Half of the PTCs are going to be in Europe, which is the biggest reason to play in them because that's where we are trying to capitalise in new markets. We're planting seeds and hoping some of them will grow, and that's the future of the game."

Postby randam05

Just sums up ronnie doesnt it?

I do love him, without him snooker would not be as good in terms of excitement. But he can be a hammer sometimes, im sure we will all agree. He says all this stuff but dont realise hes contridicting himself and making himself look like a fool.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:I must say I'm fed up with this "Ronnie threats to quit snooker" story. He does not "threat" anyone with anything. The very notion of threatening supposes he is expecting to get something out of it ... and that's not the case. He's not "blackmailing" the snooker world in any way.
He's a person who has been battling depression and mental illness for all his adult life and at times he feels it's too much and can't take more. He's also someone who speaks his mind on the moment and that's all there is.
It might be indeed that he feels he has nothing to prove anymore and does want to take more "me and family time". Or maybe he has serious private reasons that force him to shift his priorities. Only he will know.

i dont buy this me and family time im afraid, he coulda got away with only entering half the PTCs so this would have gave him 6 free weeks out of 12 for family time. Also he only has to play these events over a weekend so he has the other part of the week for his family.

As a fan im dissapointed with his atetute rofl

Postby Monique

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

but that does not fit the profile of the guy that started the season and wanted change, got the change Barry Hearn in. He Entered PTC 1 when i thought he wouldn't enter the first or second then get stuck in When PTC 3 and 4 came along.

how ironic is this Article 4 months later
http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC1_news(O ... r_Calendar)-2237.htm?tid=166

O’Sullivan And Davis Excited By Expanded New World Snooker Calendar

Snooker stars Ronnie O'Sullivan and Steve Davis have expressed their excitement about the new tournaments on the expanded World Snooker calendar for the coming season.

In recent weeks, World Snooker, led by Chairman Barry Hearn, have added to the calendar a ranking event in Germany, a quick-fire Shoot-Out to be televised by Sky and a World Seniors Championship as well as the Player Tour Championship, a series of 12 short events culminating in a televised finale.

The calendar now consists of 24 snooker events, 20 of which will have world ranking points on offer for the players.

Three-times World Champion O'Sullivan said: "It's great to see new ideas for the game. Barry is already delivering on his promises and I'm positive that there will be more to come."

Snooker legend Davis believes that the Player Tour Championship (PTC) events will provide professionals with the busy schedule they have been calling for in recent years.

"It's a new direction for snooker, and if the game is to grow then the PTC will be an integral part of that," he said. "The players will have to get into a mindset of playing virtually every week, like darts players do now. I intend to play in as many events as possible once the season gets going."

The PTC will feature a new Order of Merit based on money earned at each event, with the top 24 after the 12 events to go through to the TV stages.

"With ranking points and a lot of prize money available, plus the chance to get into the big event at the end, there's every incentive," added 52-year-old Davis, who recently reached the quarter-finals of the Betfred.com World Snooker Championship on his record 30th appearance at the Crucible. "The players who are competing week-in, week-out will also become hardened to the match situation.

"Half of the PTCs are going to be in Europe, which is the biggest reason to play in them because that's where we are trying to capitalise in new markets. We're planting seeds and hoping some of them will grow, and that's the future of the game."
[/quote]

Well maybe things happened that changed ROS priorities ...
as for Davis it is indeed a bit surprising