19 Matthew Stevens
20 Matthew Couch
21 Andrew Higginson
22 Liang Wenbo
23 Gerard Greene
24 Anthony McGill

Re: Current Top 24 for Finals

Postby SnookerFan

Not a bad line up, some established stars and some qualifiers there that I wouldn't mind watching more for. A good mix, to be fair.

Postby Wildey

i think the top 13 or 14 are in the finals the others are up for grabs i think.

Postby Bourne

Have barely noticed Fu's name in the latter stages and yet he's comfortably in at the moment :chin:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Have barely noticed Fu's name in the latter stages and yet he's comfortably in at the moment :chin:

yes very odd indeed :huh:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Have barely noticed Fu's name in the latter stages and yet he's comfortably in at the moment :chin:

he reached the semi final of the first 2 PTC , did not enter PTC3 and Quarter Final of PTC 4 thats 6,500 points in the first 4 events.

Postby Bourne

Ah that'll be why, I pretty much ignored the first couple of PTCs :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Mark Davis only had 1 Semi Final but been consistent.

Jack Lisowski had a final and 1 quarter final it just shows how a run of that magnitude in 1 event can really elevate you

Postby Witz78

Jimmys made 2 quarters yet hes still struggling. Maybe the order of merit should be based on total number of PTC matches won instead?

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:Jimmys made 2 quarters yet hes still struggling. Maybe the order of merit should be based on total number of PTC matches won instead?

Yeh but then that would mean a final win over O'Sullivan could equate to the same number of points as a round-one win over Hallett :chin:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Jimmys made 2 quarters yet hes still struggling. Maybe the order of merit should be based on total number of PTC matches won instead?

any Ranking is Based on consistency and it is Geared towards winners of Tournament getting in the Finals its fine as it is.

Postby Wildey

someone Suggestive on TSF whitch i dont agree with either

Criteria
How Many PTC Played
Then go on Money List

for example
Reanne Evans played in 12 and Ronnie wins 3 Events but played 4

Reanne gets Priority. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

After EPTC 3

1 Mark Selby up 1
2 Barry Pinches down 1
3 Mark Williams -----
4 Marcus Campbell up 14
5 Judd Trump -----
6 Dominic Dale down 2
7 Shaun Murphy down 1
8 Tom Ford down 1
----------------------------------------
9 Liang Wenbo up 13
10 Marco Fu down 1
11 Martin Gould down 3
12 Jamie Jones down 2
13 Stephen Maguire down 2
14 Andrew Higginson up 7
15 Ricky Walden down 1
16 Jack Lisowski down 4
17 Stuart Bingham down 1
18 Anthony Hamilton down 5
19 Mark Davis down 4
20 Daniel Wells down 3
21 Gerard Greene up 2
22Matthew Stevens down 3
23 Barry Hawkins new entry
24 Matthew Couch down 4

Postby Alex0paul

Not the most exciting line up at the moment. Could struggle to get TV coverage etc

Postby Wildey

i think its a interesting line up and im looking forward to see the Likes of Jack Lisowski etc Playing however thats a good point because as of yet this is the "TV" Finals Line up but theres no TV Channel being confirmed to show it yet.

Postby Tubberlad

Alex0paul WC wrote:Not the most exciting line up at the moment. Could struggle to get TV coverage etc

With Ding & Ronnie counted out, I would have to agree with you. But at the end of the day, their were certain requirements, they knew that, and it's their own fault they won't be there.

Postby Wildey

yeh of course any tournament that hasn't got ronnie is lacking but lets face it that could become a more familiar sight as the years goes on.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:yeh of course any tournament that hasn't got ronnie is lacking but lets face it that could become a more familiar sight as the years goes on.

IT ALREADY IS rofl

thats 8 out of the 11 tournaments so far this season that Ronnies presence has been lacking in rofl

Postby GJ

randam05 wrote:98 Ryan Day Wal 0 0 600 0 0 0 0 0

have you a secret love for ryan <laugh> :wave:

Postby randam05

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
randam05 wrote:98 Ryan Day Wal 0 0 600 0 0 0 0 0

have you a secret love for ryan <laugh> :wave:

:ashamed:

NO.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:yeh of course any tournament that hasn't got ronnie is lacking but lets face it that could become a more familiar sight as the years goes on.

IT ALREADY IS rofl

thats 8 out of the 11 tournaments so far this season that Ronnies presence has been lacking in rofl

yes not over worked is he lol

Postby PLtheRef

aye.

Anyone know what the format for this is?

I.e. frames wise? - Its short so I think it may be 7 frame matches. So far as I know, the World seeding list will not take effect - and only the OOM will count.

Postby Wildey

its a 4 day event so i think it will be a 2 table best of 7 Roll on roll off Format for first 2 Days 4 matches on each Table then day 3 1 Table Best of 7 then Semis and Final played on Day 4....

Final could be Best of 9

Postby Casey

Alex0paul WC wrote:Not the most exciting line up at the moment. Could struggle to get TV coverage etc

Thats my fear, its ok for us to say that its the bigger players fault but we will lose out if Barry can't get a broadcaster.

Postby Casey

Well further evidence that these events are not anywhere near the level of a 'ranker'. Williams and Green broke off and played some shots without the ref even knowing, supposedly the ref was fixing a mistake on the scoring at the end of the frame and they started to play a new one :chin:

Postby GJ

case_master wrote:Well further evidence that these events are not anywhere near the level of a 'ranker'. Williams and Green broke off and played some shots without the ref even knowing, supposedly the ref was fixing a mistake on the scoring at the end of the frame and they started to play a new one :chin:

just as i suspected <ok> :D

Postby NedB-H

case_master wrote:Well further evidence that these events are not anywhere near the level of a 'ranker'. Williams and Green broke off and played some shots without the ref even knowing, supposedly the ref was fixing a mistake on the scoring at the end of the frame and they started to play a new one :chin:

<laugh>