Post a reply

Re: Hearn announces new group phase tournament thingy

Postby snoopy2608

at least with groups of 8, even with best of 3s, you've got to be decent to win your group....will be interesting how many players enter.
I wonder if the higher ranked Chinese players will request their group stage is played in March rather than January meaning they could go home for a couple of weeks

Postby SnookerFan

Acé wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Acé wrote:What happened to the Saudi Arabian tournament?

The Coronavirus.

Germany Masters is happening

At a venue to be confirmed.

It may end up going the way of the Scottish and Northern Ireland tournaments, and end up being in Milton Keynes.

I mean, I suppose they could do that with the Chinese tournaments and the Saudi one. Whack them over here.

I assume they've just rolled it over to next year.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:God sake Man I'd much rather have a Riga Masters and Paul Hunter classic instead of this series tournament and ANOTHER championship league!

You & me both, Judders <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

Dan-cat wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:What crap

Got a better idea?

Yea make the matches longer than bloody 3 frames and have one group stage before a knockout stage

Postby PLtheRef

I'm far from ungrateful and I think WST deserves every plaudit for the work it has done in getting tournaments off the ground in the current circumstances but a fourth Championship League tournament in barely twelve months is too many. We've only just finished the previous one a month ago.

I'll reserve judgement on the ProSeries tournaments as even with the different format, it is something a little different.

These three weeks that have now been freed up in the calendar are intended to be one offs. Why not use them to try something a bit different. A PTC event? Hold the World Cup tournament over here? A random-draw doubles (with one player from 1-64 paired with one from 65-128)? These would be better than staging the same event again.

The only time I've really followed the Championship League closely was the one back in June - even if it was the first live snooker in three months - its also to do with the fact that the event played straight through until there was a winner. No stopping and starting as is the norm.

Postby Acé

Why not just do a 128 event if Hearn wants to cater to players?

Why not have the Chinese events played in Milton Keynes? He was fine with moving European masters, NI and Scottish to the Milton Keynes tour.

Championshit league snooker SUCKS it's literally the worst format of snooker ever

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:Why not just do a 128 event if Hearn wants to cater to players?

Why not have the Chinese events played in Milton Keynes? He was fine with moving European masters, NI and Scottish to the Milton Keynes tour.

Championshit league snooker SUCKS it's literally the worst format of snooker ever

To be fair Chinese broadcasters and sponsors wouldn’t be very happy to have ‘their’ tournaments being played in the middle of the night.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:Why not just do a 128 event if Hearn wants to cater to players?

To be fair Chinese broadcasters and sponsors wouldn’t be very happy to have ‘their’ tournaments being played in the middle of the night.

No crowds in; they could stage them in MK but have the sessions start at 9PM & 3AM.

Would be a novelty...