Poll ended at 30 Nov 2020

Neil Robertson
42%
Matthew Stevens
58%

Total votes : 31

ATWSC Group G: Neil Robertson v Matthew Stevens

Postby Pink Ball

Neil Robertson v Matthew Stevens (Best of 20 frames)
Group: G
Date: November 29
Match: Four of six
Match day: Two of three
Venue: Thurston’s Hall, London, United Kingdom

Vote for which of the two players you think was greater. Vote honestly, and leave your bias out of it. Don’t vote for a player just because you like them, don’t vote against a player just because you dislike them.

Consider the table conditions to be whatever conditions would have the least impact on the result.

You can use your own personal criteria for measuring greatness once it’s free of any bias towards/against (delete as applicable) players you like/dislike (delete as applicable).

Re: ATWSC Group G: Neil Robertson v Matthew Stevens

Postby chengdufan

This feels close. I'm surprised the earlier posts are suggesting it's a foregone conclusion.

I think peak Stevens is more talented than peak Robertson. But I voted Robertson because he knows how to win that last frame. Someone who can't get over the finish line can't be considered a snooker great, however talented they are.

Postby LDS

No idea about this one, I thought it was a Robertson auto-click as well. Would be nice to get a detailed answer, but my guess is that the Welsh contingent force is strong in this one. Never stand between a Welshman and their snooker players unless you're wearing very proficient body armour...

Postby PLtheRef

No disrespect to Stevens (two time Triple Crown winner and twice Crucible runner-up) but the Australian will be seething about that kick for the Welshman to go 10-8 in front.