Post a reply

Will Ronnie ever beat Judd again?

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes : 30

Re: Will Ronnie ever beat Judd again...?

Postby Acé

Not in a final Judd has ALWAYS gotten to a lead in their last 5 matches with a 5-3+ lead, this is the key to their matches these days and honestly ROS has been a poor frontrunner since 2019 March I've been telling you the last legit match he played at a peak level was 2019 Players champs vs Robertson final

ever since 2019 March he's been having to battle and come back to win he's not the frontrunner he used to be hence why he can't get on top of Judd at the beginning, it takes time for his game to click these days, case in point the 2020 WC

Postby TheRocket

Not in a final but probably in a quarter/semi at some stage in some tournament.

Ronnies problem is he is too old now to get on top of Judd early and put pressure right from the start. You can see that he is even having a rubbish start against the likes of Carter, Stevens and people like that. What he does better now is to fight till the end and at least make it somewhat competitive.

But its obvious that Judd will beat him more often than not which definitely isnt a shame though from Ronnies point of view. He is 45, there is a 14 year age gap and Judd will be an All-Time Great.

Postby Iranu

D4P wrote:
Iranu wrote:They’ll never meet in a match again.

Decent chance they'll meet in the UK semifinal in the next few weeks...

Judd will lose early.

In fairness I was joking when I said they’d never meet in a match again.

Postby Holden Chinaski

The_Abbott wrote:Passing of the torch. The old Guard are passing the baton on.

Or whatever the snooker equivalent is.

So No is my answer.

The current world champion is almost 45 years old. Also, the 2019 Tour Championship final was not that long ago.

Postby Iranu

So No is my answer.

How many passings of the torch has Ronnie been through at this point? :chin: It seems every year there’s a ‘passing of the torch’ moment and yet here he still is, World Champion and World Number 2, almost winning tournaments with his C game.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:

So No is my answer.

How many passings of the torch has Ronnie been through at this point? :chin: It seems every year there’s a ‘passing of the torch’ moment and yet here he still is, World Champion and World Number 2, almost winning tournaments with his C game.

:goodpost:

Postby chengdufan

It'll be very surprising if Ronnie wins another match in his career. He is an old man now. Snooker is a game purely for those aged 18-28 who regularly hit the gym. Just look at some of the talent coming through. People like Jak Jones, Sean Maddocks, Judd Trump and Colin Humphries.

If he's lucky enough to draw Jimmy White in one of the events, he can win one more match. Savour that day.

Postby mantorok

Of course he will, his slow start cost him yesterday that's all, he used to be such a good starter in matches but lately he takes a while to get going, towards of the end of the match he was looking much better and could've won.

It's not like Judd destroyed him 9-1.

Postby TheRocket

The passing of the torch thing is pretty much the same old rubbish. ROS in his 40's won more majors than Trump has done in his whole career so far.

There is no denying that Trump will win the majority of their encounters but if he cant win the majors he'll end up as the tin pot champ.

Postby HustleKing

Obviously Ronnie will in at least one event, but it's hard to see him beating Trump if Judd is really hungry and determined for a win, which won't always be the case

Postby Dragonfly

O'Sullivan will beat Trump again of course. But it may be a best of 7 or best of 9. No doubt that Trump has the upper hand now in finals.

What O'Sullivan needs to happen is that Trump meets Wilson in early rounds of events. Then after Kyren disposes of Trump, Ronnie then steps in to claim the event.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dragonfly wrote:O'Sullivan will beat Trump again of course. But it may be a best of 7 or best of 9. No doubt that Trump has the upper hand now in finals.

What O'Sullivan needs to happen is that Trump meets Wilson in early rounds of events. Then after Kyren disposes of Trump, Ronnie then steps in to claim the event.

That's what I was thinking. It really was a pity Brecel didn't finish of Trump earlier on in the tournament when he had a golden opportunity to do so.

Postby D4P

Trump has Kyren in his QF at the UK, and Ronnie in his SF. Ronnie's chances of winning the title will definitely depend a lot on whether Judd makes it past the QF...

Postby TheRocket

Allen and Wilson seem to be the two who can get under Trumps skin the most. With Allen I'm not surprised because he has a good record against all topplayers and isnt scared of anyone.

But Wilson is a strange one. While Ronnie definitely enjoys playing him Trump has problems.
Wilson seems to have the edge over him in the big matches.

Postby Juddernaut88

Dragonfly wrote:O'Sullivan will beat Trump again of course. But it may be a best of 7 or best of 9. No doubt that Trump has the upper hand now in finals.

Judd has beaten Kyren Wilson in 4 of there last 7 meetings so I don't know why people are making out Kyren always beats him these days. This isn't 2018 anymore!

Postby D4P

Juddernaut88 wrote:Judd has beaten Kyren Wilson in 4 of there last 7 meetings so I don't know why people are making out Kyren always beats him these days. This isn't 2018 anymore!

Kyren having just beaten "6 ranking titles in one season" Judd at the Crucible carries a lot of weight...

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:

Judd has beaten Kyren Wilson in 4 of there last 7 meetings so I don't know why people are making out Kyren always beats him these days. This isn't 2018 anymore!

Kyren to level the h2h?

Postby TheRocket

Wilson leads 2:0 in multi session matches, 2:1 in ranking event finals and 1:0 at the World Championship.

Point is Trump is so much better than Wilson so you'd expect him to dominate him but for some reason he struggles to play his best game against him.