Poll ended at 22 Nov 2020

Joe Johnson
9%
Judd Trump
91%

Total votes : 11

ATWSC Group D: Joe Johnson v Judd Trump

Postby Pink Ball

Joe Johnson v Judd Trump (Best of 20 frames)
Group: D
Date: November 21
Match: Two of six
Match day: One of three
Venue: Wembley Conference Centre, London, United Kingdom

Vote for which of the two players you think was greater. Vote honestly, and leave your bias out of it. Don’t vote for a player just because you like them, don’t vote against a player just because you dislike them.

Consider the table conditions to be whatever conditions would have the least impact on the result.

You can use your own personal criteria for measuring greatness once it’s free of any bias towards/against (delete as applicable) players you like/dislike (delete as applicable).

Re: ATWSC Group D: Joe Johnson v Judd Trump

Postby SnookerEd25

I love Joe, but I can’t give him my vote :hmmm:

Although 80% Trump v. the Johnson who hit the form of his life for a week in 1986 would be an absolutely scintillating watch, I’ll just be content if Joe gets a frame on the board here.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerEd25 wrote:I love Joe, but I can’t give him my vote :hmmm:

Although 80% Trump v. the Johnson who hit the form of his life for a week in 1986 would be an absolutely scintillating watch, I’ll just be content if Joe gets a frame on the board here.

Johnson was comfortably the worst World Champion of the modern era, but he was absolutely brilliant the year he won it.

Postby SnookerEd25

I agree, but that second week (from the end of the Griffiths match in particular) - wasn’t that just one of the most thrilling rides in snooker history for those of us who watched it as it happened?

Still get goosebumps...

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerEd25 wrote:I agree, but that second week (from the end of the Griffiths match in particular) - wasn’t that just one of the most thrilling rides in snooker history for those of us who watched it as it happened?

Still get goosebumps...

Match against Griffiths was a belter.

Johnson was fantastic in the final. Made Davis look like a poor relation.