Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live Northern Ireland Open Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Pink Ball

mantorok wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:"He got some stick from the crowd, he didn't handle it very well."

He was racially abused.

...And Ronnie showed him love and kindness.

Oh he did. It was one of his best moments, in my view.

Never understood how the crowd that night were left off the hook. Never went back to the Masters after that.

Struggle to think of when a player has shown so much compassion in public.

It didn't come from nowhere. What happened that night was shameful. Nobody bothered their bottom reporting it as such.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:"He got some stick from the crowd, he didn't handle it very well."

He was racially abused.

Never understood how the crowd that night were left off the hook. Never went back to the Masters after that.

It didn't come from nowhere. What happened that night was shameful. Nobody bothered their bottom reporting it as such.

Maybe Johnny Bravo would have approved their behaviour.

Postby mantorok

Pink Ball wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

He was racially abused.

I think Ronnie was pretty disgusted with his fanbase at that moment. And who could blame him.

Postby Prop

Regarding that match, I initially thought it was abuse from O’Sullivan fans, but then I heard a story that it was from Chinese (at least Chinese speakers) heckling him and telling him he was a disgrace for losing, or words to that effect.

Not sure which is true?

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

He was racially abused.

How was it racist?

Postby Pink Ball

Prop wrote:Regarding that match, I initially thought it was abuse from O’Sullivan fans, but then I heard a story that it was from Chinese (at least Chinese speakers) heckling him and telling him he was a disgrace for losing, or words to that effect.

Not sure which is true?

Utter horse rubbish, probably invented by Ronnie O'Sullivan fans.

He was racially abused by some Ronnie O'Sullivan fans.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:Let's call this for what it was: a pathetic performance by someone who threw in the towel at the first sign of trouble.

I think that’s bullocks personally. He played no differently than he did in the first two frames, he just missed more.

Postby mantorok

Prop wrote:Regarding that match, I initially thought it was abuse from O’Sullivan fans, but then I heard a story that it was from Chinese (at least Chinese speakers) heckling him and telling him he was a disgrace for losing, or words to that effect.

Not sure which is true?

If it is then it wasn’t racism. I heard there were racist slurs from the crowd.

Postby Prop

Pink Ball wrote:

Not sure which is true?

Utter horse rubbish, probably invented by Ronnie O'Sullivan fans.

He was racially abused by some Ronnie O'Sullivan fans.

Fair enough.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Let's call this for what it was: a pathetic performance by someone who threw in the towel at the first sign of trouble.

I think that’s bullocks personally. He played no differently than he did in the first two frames, he just missed more.

Come off it. There was no bite in that performance from frame five on. None.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:

There was no ‘bite’ in any of it. He just went from potting everything to not potting everything. His demeanour was no different from start to finish.

Ronnie also started potting the long balls.

Ding let Ronnie off the hook big time. But not because he threw the towel in. He opened the door through overconfidence and then couldn’t match the first two frames.

Postby Iranu

mantorok wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Ding looked like he couldn't miss those first how frames then he took that plant on which was a liberty frankly.

I dunno man it was close and if it had gone in...

Yeah it wasn’t a liberty. Ding makes those plants most of the time and obviously fancied it.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:

There was no ‘bite’ in any of it. He just went from potting everything to not potting everything. His demeanour was no different from start to finish.

Ronnie also started potting the long balls.

Ding let Ronnie off the hook big time. But not because he threw the towel in. He opened the door through overconfidence and then couldn’t match the first two frames.

He opened the door through overconfidence and his head dropped when he suffered those consequences. His demeanour was different. His shot selection on a couple of safeties was bizarre for a play of his quality.

He was beaten once it went 2-3.

Postby Andre147

Missed plant and then Ding let his head drop. He should have led at least 3-1 and couldn't recover from there.

So we have another Carter v ROS match, first after their shoulder barge. Should be fun.