Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:Which are correct? I can only think of one way to get a 1, 146 or 147.

Correct. Sorry I hadn't seen your 147 post. I initially thought you could only get a two by potting two reds at once, but I forgot about just potting the yellow at the colours stage. Over to you.

Postby SnookerEd25

Why is a free-ball 'not legal'? Don't get that; if you're snookered on the object ball, a free-ball becomes a legal shot, surely? :chin:

Postby McManusFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Why is a free-ball 'not legal'? Don't get that; if you're snookered on the object ball, a free-ball becomes a legal shot, surely? :chin:

I didn't mean to imply a free ball wasn't legal, just that I wasn't interested in those cases for my question.

Postby SnookerEd25

Fair enough. Thanks for clarification <ok>

Postby McManusFan

LDS wrote:I still don't understand the question :chin:

It was asking for three breaks which can only be made in one distinct way. Iranu has said the three correct answers, which where:
a) 1 break (just potting a red)
b) 147 (a black with every red + all the colours)
c) 146 (like a 147 but with a pink instead of a black)

Breaks like 2 don't count as you could either pot two reds and then miss/play safe or pot a yellow at the colours required stage.

Postby Iranu

Which five ranking tournaments did Mark Selby win in his then-record-equalling 2016-2017 season?

Postby Juddernaut88

Paul Hunter Classic, International Championship, Uk championship, China Open and World championship

Postby Iranu

Bingo!

I feel like I might have asked that before :chin:

Postby Juddernaut88

Who was the first player that Stephen Hendry beat at the Crucible?

Postby Prop

Big Willy? The year before Willie beat him at the Crucible, and applauded him after the match.

Postby Juddernaut88

Prop wrote:Big Willy? The year before Willie beat him at the Crucible, and applauded him after the match.

yes correct :) Hendry lost to Willie Thorne on his Crucible debut but got revenge a year later in 1987.

Postby SnookerEd25

McManusFan wrote:

It was asking for three breaks which can only be made in one distinct way. Iranu has said the three correct answers, which where:

Breaks like 2 don't count as you could either pot two reds and then miss/play safe or pot a yellow at the colours required stage.

But isn’t there, by the same token, only 1 way to make a 145, a 144, a 143 & a 142? :chin:

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

But isn’t there, by the same token, only 1 way to make a 145, a 144, a 143 & a 142? :chin:

145 you could pot two pinks or one blue, 144 a blue and a pink or three pinks, etc

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

145 you could pot two pinks or one blue, 144 a blue and a pink or three pinks, etc

:chuckle: You’re absolutely right; that’s me told.

Should have researched that more thoroughly! :emb:

Postby Prop

Who made their Crucible debut in 1998, losing in the first round to Mark Williams, then went on to become WEPF Eight-ball Pool World Champion in the following year?

Postby Cloud Strife

Prop wrote:Who made their Crucible debut in 1998, losing in the first round to Mark Williams, then went on to become WEPF Eight-ball Pool World Champion in the following year?

Douglas Mountjoy

Postby Prop

Not Douglas Mountjoy.

Postby Prop

Alex0paul wrote:QHann

Correct <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

In an early interview what football team had Ronnie O’Sullivan claimed he’d had trials for?

Postby Alex0paul

Iranu wrote:Tottenham

Correct