Post a reply

Mark selby

Postby COLDPLAY27

I disagree with many pundits view on Selby. They always go on about his apparent renowned grit,and durability. That's just another phrase for not good enough to clear in 1 visit. Hes not a patch on Trump, Ronnie. In my opinion very overrated player..

Re: Mark selby

Postby Cloud Strife

COLDPLAY27 wrote:I disagree with many pundits view on Selby. They always go on about his apparent renowned grit,and durability. That's just another phrase for not good enough to clear in 1 visit. Hes not a patch on Trump, Ronnie. In my opinion very overrated player..

+1

Postby Iranu

Lol

Postby HappyCamper

Selby's not bad.

Postby LDS

Doesn't this proposition depend entirely upon which year in question is being discussed?

Also, one frame, always has and always will be, worth only one frame. If it's the first to 10 frames then getting 9 clearances but otherwise losing every frame where this was not achieved, is still a loss, even if the other guy made zero clearances to get to 10. Plenty of examples of that.

The entire premise of the OP is that the ability to make clearances = the only quality that matters. While there's obviously an element of truth in this, isn't it an inherently flawed point, because snooker is never just about that one thing, whatever one thing is being suggested today.

Postby Juddernaut88

I'm not a fan of Selby but he's a great player and has a great all round game.

Postby Prop

Gash thread.