Post a reply

A special mention to everybody on this forum....

Postby SnookerFan

I was in two minds about posting this, because I’ve been warned off by Wild a couple of times on this issue, and I do like to respect the mod’s rule on this sort of thing.

But just to stir up trouble, I have had other mods express that they wouldn’t mind. So I’ll let them argue with each other about this. Just in case, I have put it in The Junkyard.

Since joining on Sun Dec 13th, 2009 10:27 at am (according to my profile), this place has been a lot of fun to post on, and has meant a lot to me. I originally just signed up to post rubbish about snooker, which to be fair I’ve done a lot of. But I’ve met a lot of cool people off this forum too. Sundaygirl in particular has been putting up with me for years. It was never my intent to meet people off the site, but you all feel like friends now.

I’d like to thank Roland for creating this forum, even if he’s not bothered by posting on it any more. It’s good of him to have left it up for us to continue to chat to each other on.

Wild, Dan-Cat and Andre are all excellent mods. (Andre and Dan also have had the displeasure of meeting me. Top lads.) Sincere thanks to all three. Maybe I’ll run into Wild at a tournament one of these days. <ok> You all work very hard at a thankless job.

Thank you too all involved who have made this a memorable forum to post on. And, at risk of upsetting Wild can I ask, if you don’t mind, to check out my post count. (Only if you want to. No obligation.)

You all rule. Every one of you.

PS. I considered posting nudes, as is tradition, but didn’t want to be banned straight after posting this.

Re: A special mention to everybody on this forum....

Postby Andre147

Congratulations SnookerFan!

This place wouldn't be the same without you. And thank you for the kind words, we do our best to make this place as friendly as possible.

It was very nice meeting you and Dan back at the Masters last year with my brother, even if for a brief few moments.

A special milestone for you here on Snooker Island this 100 000th post!

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:Disappointing that there’s no bungke. Should have thrown one in to add to the occasion.

to celebrate the milestone, SF has hired himself a ghost-writer :chuckle:

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Moved to General Snooker Discussion.

He blombed it!

Just for the record, I posted this onto The Junkyard. I know Wild doesn't like me posting about post counts.

This was moved by a mod.

Wild will let this one slide. It's a lovely message you wrote: a love letter to the Island. I feel you, man.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:'When SnookerFan posts his best, he is simply the best' Clive Everton

'An uncommon palate is required to avail oneself of the scribes of SnookerFan; it is equitable to suggest he is not my chalice of pekoe'

Phil Yates

Postby Prop

For every point Ronnie O’Sullivan has scored towards a century in his whole career, our own SnookerFan has equalled, with posts to Snooker Island *

Fair play, SF <ok>

*roughly

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:'When SnookerFan posts his best, he is simply the best' Clive Everton

'An uncommon palate is required to avail oneself of the scribes of SnookerFan; it is equitable to suggest he is not my chalice of pekoe'

Phil Yates

:clap:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Phil Yates

Is that a diss? I can't decide.