Post a reply

Re: Mei and Zhang ponder future

Postby lhpirnie

The_Abbott wrote:https://wst.tv/mei-and-zhang-ponder-future/

Guess this means Mei will be relegated from the tour at the end of this season unless the china events happen and he plays well.

Zhang Anda already relegated but hopes to return via Q School in 2021

Yes, and Marco Fu is another who will probably be relegated. There could be as many as 10 Chinese players relegated in 2021, partly because of tournaments missed during the Covid-19 disruptions. Some of them simply weren't able to pick up a cue for several months, and also had to undergo several weeks of quarantines. Generally, they have appeared very rusty and possibly not to happy to be here. It will take until 2023 for their rankings to recover their true level, if they ever do.

Zhang Anda has been working as a commentator of Zhibo and CCTV5 streams. He sings karaoke songs during gaps between frames!

Zhang and Mei both had children born during the lockdown in China, when hospitals were full. They must have been through a lot of stress in the early months of 2020 when they were still playing in the UK. Unfortunately the tour structure forces most players to play in every event or face relegation. I wish Zhang Anda the best of luck in Q School, but the format really is a lottery.

Postby TheSaviour

Mei is a great prospect. Nothing wrong with Zhang´s attitude either, Zhang´s just slightly more rampant, and that´s something Mei could be more. I reckon and think that Mei used Ronnie O´Sullivan as a something which he basically could already matched, which obviously was a mistake. A kind of so. As some other players, mainly John Higgins has some more, and John certainly is the the toughest one to even give an any decent game.

Physically Mei already been there, just a matter of a will and hunger if he still fancies the job. One of the most important lessons and learns is to clear the path first. Many reds usually blocks the potting aims and routes as the break goes on further. Many great players are always first to spot the obvious problems balls. Anyone can make usually a 50 break or so before those problem or that particular problem really shows up.

I still must state this; I am quite pleased, almost delighted that is was just John Higgins who raised the levels. Now just a matter of a will who still fancies trying to tackle him every now and then. That´s the only realistic goal. Many can do have a nice, good or even great living and years if only possessing a realistic goal or goals.

So why not now?! To stop this nonsense, and just to settle for this. It do rain every now then, the only trouble is to dry the clothings. Fire is a one option.

But we are all even and fair square now.

One of the biggest trouble is to fancy more and more and more. Mei, for example, already has been there with a decent enough playing. We all already have been there with many enough great dishes and eating experiences.

Just to settle now, and try to be glad.

96,5% potting accuracy during any given match is nothing to John Higgins. 98% is his norm. A very few can live with that. I remember how he 10 years ago destroyed Ronnie O´Sullivan with just that, 98% or 99% potting accuracy, and Ronnie afterwards spoke out that John Higgins could rule the game for the next 20 years. That was the truth.

Ponder future. Those things just need to be thought over, as they have a very much to do with a game of a snooker.

If Mei or Zhang can do with a norm of 90% potting accuracy they will be and extremely happy. The safety-accuracies or long potting suchs are the things which just brings out the best of anyone, you opponent, for example. That´s the road to hell. They really should try to understand that.

I feel I am all done. As I don´t like to bother other people just with no reason, or the listen that eeeh aaaaand eeeeh eeeeeeh a eeeeeh aaaaaand eeeeeeeh, official speaking norm. That´s garbage, you know. To listen at. No matter how official they and/or you all just ever fancy to be. I was waiting, waiting and looking forward while John Higgin´s "really" shows up with his top, top game, and during the 2020 English Open he really did. He even tanked a few important frames away, which is a sign of a real, real brilliance! He will and can do anything he just fancies from now on.

So, probably, bye everyone. I am all done now. Unless.. Hopefully these notes will do some good, as I personally do know that they are the truth.

Ronnie spotted John Higgins, a really, really spotted, out of all the many top players.

No milk today. No word today. But I already heard that nonsense spoking a few more many times.

Should I now…….??

Nothing stops me. It do rain every now then, I do admit that.

But join me.

Postby SnookerEd25

A fair point well made, Sav; there was just one one line I didn't understand :

'Ronnie spotted John Higgins, a really, really spotted, out of all the many top players.'

Care to elaborate? :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:A fair point well made, Sav; there was just one one line I didn't understand :

'Ronnie spotted John Higgins, a really, really spotted, out of all the many top players.'

In that case, Saviour is doing well.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:A fair point well made, Sav; there was just one one line I didn't understand :

In that case, Saviour is doing well.

I lied. It was all gobbledegook to me, just trying to impress a friend :emb:

Postby SnookerEd25

Holden Chinaski wrote:I'm keeping an eye on Yan Bingtao.

Left or right?

Postby Iranu

It’s too soon for that. Best wait until next season.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:

It’s too soon for that. Best wait until next season.

You have a wise head on young shoulders, Iranu.

<ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:Was hoping this thread was going to be about jet packs and flying CD players a la Tomorrow's World. Quite a disappointment.

No thread, with a contribution from theSaviour, can be branded a 'disappointment' :no:

Postby chengdufan

Dan-cat wrote:Was hoping this thread was going to be about jet packs and flying CD players a la Tomorrow's World. Quite a disappointment.

:lol:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:

No thread, with a contribution from theSaviour, can be branded a 'disappointment' :no:

Only because we can't tell what he's talking about. It's impossible to brand it anything.