Topic locked

Tickets are on sale today

Postby SnookerFan

But in an innovative new development, which will no doubt help create an early rush on buying tickets on a single table format, they aren't annoucing who any of the matches are until October 13th. <doh>

Re: Tickets are on sale today

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:But in an innovative new development, which will no doubt help create an early rush on buying tickets on a single table format, they aren't announcing who any of the matches are until October 13th. <doh>

They can't announce them until the first cut off point in the rankings to see who play who. Isn't the Masters 1v16 2v15 etc.

Postby Wildey

the top 4 seeds will be

1 Selby
2 Robbo
3 Carter
4 Higgins

but there is a chance Murphy can get above Ding,williams and maguire pushing 1 of them to seeded no 9 so as of yet the top 8 seeds cant be decided until after brugge.

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:But in an innovative new development, which will no doubt help create an early rush on buying tickets on a single table format, they aren't announcing who any of the matches are until October 13th. <doh>

They can't announce them until the first cut off point in the rankings to see who play who. Isn't the Masters 1v16 2v15 etc.

I appreciate why they can't do it. This was always my complaint with the rolling ranking systems. It makes it difficult to sell tickets too far in advance. Fortunately they get updated in a couple of weeks, so that won't prove to be too much of an issue for The Masters. The Worlds will be a bit of a bastard though, how are they going to do that?

And, don't the 15th and 16th ranked players play and additional match against the wildcard and the qualifier?

Postby Wildey

on sunday night they will know the seeding for the masters so really they could get the format out middle of next week but don't forget there are 3 months until the masters and until the format is out they wont sell much tickets so you wont miss out.

seeding for the Worlds will be known Sunday night 20th of feb with china open quals on 24th of Feb and WC Quals 4th of march.

they will only get about 3 days to get the format of the china open quails sorted if someone in the ranking bracket of jamie burnett reaches the Welsh Open Final..

Postby SnookerFan

Yeah, The Masters never sells out. When does The Worlds go on sale? Is there any truth to the rumour that they will start selling in October on the internet, anyone know?

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:Yeah, The Masters never sells out. When does The Worlds go on sale? Is there any truth to the rumour that they will start selling in October on the internet, anyone know?

You can usually get the booking form off the internet around November time then tickets start getting dished out in january. However this year I don't think the earlier rounds will sell very fast given that nobody knows who they will see bar Saturday session 1 and 3.

I hope they are sold over the internet though as people can then pick and choose which seats they want and I also hope they abolish season tickets.

Postby Wildey

they wont have any bother selling tickets for the Worlds sod who is playing its the crucible .

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Yeah, The Masters never sells out. When does The Worlds go on sale? Is there any truth to the rumour that they will start selling in October on the internet, anyone know?

You can usually get the booking form off the internet around November time then tickets start getting dished out in january. However this year I don't think the earlier rounds will sell very fast given that nobody knows who they will see bar Saturday session 1 and 3.

I hope they are sold over the internet though as people can then pick and choose which seats they want and I also hope they abolish season tickets.

Yeah, I know how it's usuaully done. But I've heard rumours that at the end of October, there are going to be selling them on the internet, without announcing who you'll be seeing. This seems very odd to me, because I'd love to be able to decide who I was seeing beforehand. But as Wild said, I don't think I can wait five months, all the seats to every match will be gone. <doh>

This is one way, I think the old way was better.

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:

Yeah, I know how it's usuaully done. But I've heard rumours that at the end of October, there are going to be selling them on the internet, without announcing who you'll be seeing. This seems very odd to me, because I'd love to be able to decide who I was seeing beforehand. But as Wild said, I don't think I can wait five months, all the seats to every match will be gone. <doh>

You will get re-sells etc. <ok>

The only match we will know for sure is Neil Robertson's first round match.

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:

You will get re-sells etc. <ok>

The only match we will know for sure is Neil Robertson's first round match.

I don't want to buck about with re-sells, to be honest.

Maybe I'll just go up for the Neil Robertson one. I could try the final, but when I did that last time I got the shoddy match like when I went up and got Ronnie vs Carter. <doh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Anybody know when the matches are going to be announced for The Masters?

The Draw is supposedly being made on Wednesday but will not hold my breath my confidence in the WSA Ability to say what they mean is well down.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Anybody know when the matches are going to be announced for The Masters?

The Draw is supposedly being made on Wednesday but will not hold my breath my confidence in the WSA Ability to say what they mean is well down.

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

here we are on wednsday at almost 6pm and still no draw thank god i did not hold my breath <ok>

Postby GJ

World Snooker will announce who the top 16 seeded players are and when
they will be playing on Wednesday 13 October.

<laugh> :bs:

Postby Wildey

we cant blame everything on BH there are obviously people working for WS that's not up to it but its up to BH to identity who they are and show them the door.....

it has to be more professional than this.

tickets been on sale a good few weeks come on its time we know who plays when now.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:we cant blame everything on BH there are obviously people working for WS that's not up to it but its up to BH to identity who they are and show them the door.....

it has to be more professional than this.

tickets been on sale a good few weeks come on its time we know who plays when now.

No, but the buck stops with him. You're right, he does need to take action. If it's not being taken, it'll be him that has to answer as to why. Not fair necessarily, but that's what comes with being top dog.

On saying that, we have to be aware that snooker is a work in progress.

Postby Wildey

agree thats why i said people need to get the sack and pronto.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:agree thats why i said people need to get the sack and pronto.

I'd hate for you to ever take over a company. You'd probably sack everybody, including the people you were interviewing for jobs.

"Call this a CV? You're fired before I even employ you." <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Lets just say i hate incompetence and sorry but the WSA are incompetent now then Barry Hearn has proved himself not to be incompetent during his long time in Sport so it must be the Work Force.

they are a total embarrassment for this sport.

Postby Roland

Has anyone got their tickets for the Masters yet? I'm still waiting.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Has anyone got their tickets for the Masters yet? I'm still waiting.

Still waiting, don't worry. Tickets are always like this for The Masters.

Postby SnookerFan

May have talked into getting somebody to come and see Mark Selby vs Mark King with me. <ok> Wembley doesn't have the atmosphere to attend alone.

Saying that I'm a little worried that we won't know whether there is a Wild Card round until after I brought the tickets, which we won't want to go to. (Some people I know hate getting up early.) :wild2:

Postby Roland

My tickets to the final arrived today. Still waiting for the semi-final to complete the set.

Postby Roland

Not that anyone gives a rubbish, just thought I'd mention it so anyone else who has ordered tickets can know to start to expect them. :santa:

Postby SnookerFan

Still waiting for my tickets to arrive for Hendry vs Robertson... And am still trying to find somebody to come and see other matches with me.

Just so everybody knows.