Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live English Open Quarter-Finals

Postby TheRocket

Trump might get the upper hand in this match up now. I think he will also beat Wilson in their next multi session match. He lost both so far.

If Trump plays reasonably well you just fancy him to win. No disrespect to Wilson but Trump is just the better player.

Postby Iranu

LC wrote:Kyren seems to have a real problem producing in semis and finals against the top players, his record must be pretty poor

Sad thing is this wasn’t even a semi but he was edgy from the start.

Kick in frame two could well have changed the game though.

Postby HappyCamper

Iranu wrote:Goldstein says gambling’s bad for you.

I’m sure snooker’s sponsors will love that <doh>

he's ain't wrong!

though they probably won't care that much. they are happy to fund all those so-called responsible gambling ads - no pr is bad pr.

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:Goldstein says gambling’s bad for you.

I’m sure snooker’s sponsors will love that <doh>

he's ain't wrong!

though they probably won't care that much. they are happy to fund all those so-called responsible gambling ads - no pr is bad pr.

He’s definitely not wrong. And to be fair this tournament isn’t sponsored is it

Postby Juddernaut88

Robbo and Selby is a tough match to call. I know Selby hammered him in the world championship in the last meeting but overall there really isn't much between either player and I can see it going to a decider.

Postby TheRocket

Trump Higgins should be an interesting match.

Times have definitely changed since the World final 2019 and now Trump clearly has the upper hand, winning the last 5 encounters. 7 if you count the CL.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:Trump Higgins should be an interesting match.

Times have definitely changed since the World final 2019 and now Trump clearly has the upper hand, winning the last 5 encounters. 7 if you count the CL.

This is also the first time they’ve met since that final that Higgins has had some of his old confidence back.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Trump Higgins should be an interesting match.

This is also the first time they’ve met since that final that Higgins has had some of his old confidence back.

I think they have met since but not played each other

Postby Juddernaut88

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Kyren Wilson and Mark Allen have secured places in the Champions of champions. Kyren gets there due to being runner up in the World final. Mark Allen gets there due to his ranking. Jimmy White also there for winning the Seniors.
So 2 places left. Winner of English Open and maybe winner of Woman world championship. However if Judd, Robbo, Selby or Kyren win the English Open I suspect the next highest ranking player will make it which is John Higgins I believe.

Will the winner of the current Championship League get a place or is that after the cut off?

The Championship league will finish sometime in November after the Champions of champions.

Infact no the Championship league is back on Monday 26th October and it will finish that week. For some reason I thought it was finishing in November so I think there is a good chance then that the winner of that will play in the Champions of champions (assuming it's a different winner that hasn't already secured a place)