Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live English Open Quarter-Finals

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Kyren Wilson and Mark Allen have secured places in the Champions of champions. Kyren gets there due to being runner up in the World final. Mark Allen gets there due to his ranking. Jimmy White also there for winning the Seniors.
So 2 places left. Winner of English Open and maybe winner of Woman world championship. However if Judd, Robbo, Selby or Kyren win the English Open I suspect the next highest ranking player will make it which is John Higgins I believe.

No Woman's Tour snooker until next year.

Shame.

I enjoyed Reanne being in it last year, even if it didn't end up being a great match. I took a day off work to watch her.

Postby Iranu

Plenty of football fans actually do moan about the Champions League and its group stage format, with all the games that are essentially dead rubbers. There are many fans that wish it would revert to the old European Cup format.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Kyren Wilson and Mark Allen have secured places in the Champions of champions. Kyren gets there due to being runner up in the World final. Mark Allen gets there due to his ranking. Jimmy White also there for winning the Seniors.
So 2 places left. Winner of English Open and maybe winner of Woman world championship. However if Judd, Robbo, Selby or Kyren win the English Open I suspect the next highest ranking player will make it which is John Higgins I believe.

Shame.

I enjoyed Reanne being in it last year, even if it didn't end up being a great match. I took a day off work to watch her.

The Evans-Murphy match was a great match! Didn’t she go 3-0 up then lose 4-3?

Postby Iranu

I don’t mind the CL’s group stage format although it could do with some tweaks. Maybe the scores being based purely on frames won, or reducing points for a win to 2. The fact that there are ranking points for every position other than bottom mean there’s usually some interest in the last matches even if one player’s already topped the group.

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:

Any news on the men’s tour starting?

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Shame.

Think she was 0-3 down, then clawed back to 3-3 and missed a good chance early in the decider.

Definitely lost 3-4 though.

You might be mixing it up with Jimmy's match with Ronnie; Jim led 3-0, and at 3-2 was in with a good chance to close it out, but a kick stopped him and Ron closed it out at 4-3.

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Think she was 0-3 down, then clawed back to 3-3 and missed a good chance early in the decider.

Definitely lost 3-4 though.

You might be mixing it up with Jimmy's match with Ronnie; Jim led 3-0, and at 3-2 was in with a good chance to close it out, but a kick stopped him and Ron closed it out at 4-3.

That’s right, I knew it was something like that. I remember people saying Murphy had taken pity on her and was missing on purpose :roll:

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Shame.

I believe Murphy went 3-0 down, equalised and then Murphy won the decider.

Postby SteveJJ

Iranu wrote:Plenty of football fans actually do moan about the Champions League and its group stage format, with all the games that are essentially dead rubbers. There are many fans that wish it would revert to the old European Cup format.

I thought someone might pick me up on that when I was typing it!

Postby SteveJJ

Will the winner of the current Championship League get a place or is that after the cut off?

Postby Juddernaut88

SteveJJ wrote:

Will the winner of the current Championship League get a place or is that after the cut off?

The Championship league will finish sometime in November after the Champions of champions.

Postby SteveJJ

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

The Championship league will finish sometime in November after the Champions of champions.

Thank you. I thought the whole thing was over by the end of October! The gift that keeps on giving!

Postby chengdufan

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:The Championship League CANNOT BE STOPPED :dizzy:

Are they still having one in it's traditional January-March slot?

No. There are two scheduled for that period next year.