Post a reply

Re: Never Ending Quiz

Postby HappyCamper

dave gilbert seems like he has green fingers.

Postby chengdufan

In 1987, which amateur..?

Oh... <doh>

Postby Iranu

<laugh> Chengdu

Not Gilbo or Ronnie although I love them both. Been disappointed in Gilbo’s poor form in recent months, I hope he isn’t going backwards and hasn’t missed his chance to win a ranker.

Postby Iranu

chengdufan wrote:The Hawk

Not the Hawk. I never think about him.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:<laugh> Chengdu

Not Gilbo or Ronnie although I love them both. Been disappointed in Gilbo’s poor form in recent months, I hope he isn’t going backwards and hasn’t missed his chance to win a ranker.

Agreed, he was a force 18 months ago.

Enjoying your annotation of the answers :-)

Is it a current top 16 player?

Postby Iranu

I won’t answer that question Dan but I will say he features in today’s English Open.

Postby Iranu

Dingdingding! Correct :D

I remember Foulds saying once that nobody comes close to Judd when it comes to plants. Never really understood that.

Ding to me is far and away the best, the number of plants he makes when the object balls are far apart and not even set to the pocket is amazing. In his loss to Judd at the 2019 Worlds he made one almost the length of the table with the two reds about a foot apart!

Postby SnookerEd25

One of the things I miss with the lack of Canadian players on tour was their planting abilities; they always seemed to be finding 2, 3 even 4 ball plants in the pack. Must have been because the majority came from a Pool background.

Bill Werbeniuk was probably the planting king!

Postby chengdufan

I remembered reading it when going back through old threads recently. I first thought Fernandez, must have had the body shape in my memory instead of the face or name!

Which Chinese player's name literally means High Sun?

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Yuan SiJun

Unlike most Chinese family names, Yuan doesn't have a meaning (that I know of). It's just a name.
Sijun means 'Thought Handsome'

Postby chengdufan

Iranu wrote:Yan Bingtao

Yan - Colour
Bingtao - Third Great Wave