Post a reply

Are Polo t-shirts a better option than the standard uncomfortable dress code ?

1. Yes
24%
2. No
76%

Total votes : 17

Re: Snooker dress code

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:Bear in mind Johnny that the “plain, simple” polo shirt will have different coloured sponsor stickers all over it, so it will look neither plain nor simple.

You don't get it, I'm proposing they don't have any sponsor labels on them, at all.

Of course they won't look that good with all kinds of stupid sponsor stickers on them.

They need sponsor labels, especially lower ranked players because they fund players’ expenses and entry fees etc. You can’t just get rid of them! That’s the point. Plus tournament sponsors will obviously insist on having their names on players.

Don't care what sponsors want, they ain't getting it.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:Bear in mind Johnny that the “plain, simple” polo shirt will have different coloured sponsor stickers all over it, so it will look neither plain nor simple.

You don't get it, I'm proposing they don't have any sponsor labels on them, at all.

Of course they won't look that good with all kinds of stupid sponsor stickers on them.

They need sponsor labels, especially lower ranked players because they fund players’ expenses and entry fees etc. You can’t just get rid of them! That’s the point. Plus tournament sponsors will obviously insist on having their names on players.

Don't care what sponsors want, they ain't getting it.

No, PLAYERS need sponsors on their clothes. Sponsors ain’t gonna give players money without getting their names on TV. And tournaments need to keep sponsors happy too to get prize money up.

Postby HustleKing

D4P wrote:I don't like seeing Ronnie's hairy arms...

Good to see someone else finds them repulsive <ok>

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:No, PLAYERS need sponsors on their clothes.

No,they don't.

Iranu wrote:Sponsors ain’t gonna give players money without getting their names on TV.

Sponsors names will be on TV, but not on players shirts. There are plenty of panels around the table where sponsors's names can be displayed, with a very large font I might add.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:

No,they don't.

Yes. They do. I’ve already explained why. Sponsors are the reason many players are able afford to travel to and enter tournaments, pay for their practice etc.

Most players don’t earn £100,000s in a season.

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:Sponsors ain’t gonna give players money without getting their names on TV.

Sponsors names will be on TV, but not on players shirts. There are plenty of panels around the table where sponsors's names can be displayed, with a very large font I might add.

Yeah but sponsors want as much visibility as possible. WST can get higher prize funds from them if their name is mire heavily displayed, which means being visible even when the camera is focused on a player, which is a significant percentage of the time.

Postby Iranu

I think I can see where he keeps his chalk :evilgrin:

Postby Iranu

How you doing BSP? Not been around much, we’ve missed your passive aggression <laugh>

Postby Iranu

Scooper wrote:If some people here had their way, we’d probably have to wear a suit to go to the shops

I wanna be offended but I’d love that

Postby McManusFan

Keep the waistcoats! The only change I'd make is to make the two players where different colours.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:

No,they don't.

Postby rekoons

This thread is hilarious.

Personally I think the current dress code is just fine and no need to tamper with it.

But I do find johnny’s color code idea interesting, but definitely not with polo shirts!

Postby Johnny Bravo

rekoons wrote:But I do find johnny’s color code idea interesting, but definitely not with polo shirts!

What is wrong with you people, why do you hate polo shirts so much ? :? :| :? :chin:

Postby HappyCamper

they're fine for playing polo. maybe if snooker was played on horseback.

Postby Johnny Bravo

HappyCamper wrote:they're fine for playing polo. maybe if snooker was played on horseback.

Polo t-shirts are both elegant and suited for adults.

What do you people wear in everyday life, t-shirts with a million colors/drawings/cartoons on them, like kids wear ?!??????? :? :? :?
We only use those type of t-shirts if we go to the beach, whereas you can go to work dressed in a polo t-shirt and chino pants.

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:they're fine for playing polo. maybe if snooker was played on horseback.

But should it be a ranking event? :chin:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:

What do you people wear in everyday life, t-shirts with a million colors/drawings/cartoons on them, like kids wear ?!??????? :? :? :?
We only use those type of t-shirts if we go to the beach, whereas you can go to work dressed in a polo t-shirt and chino pants.

I work as a deep sea salvage operative and am not allowed to wear chinos and a polo shirt at work.

Conversely I do not play snooker in a diving bell.

Postby SteveJJ

Johnny Bravo wrote:

No,they don't.

You better tell Jamie O'Neill he doesn't need to bother with the below request

https://twitter.com/jjo147/status/13182 ... 81413?s=19

Postby HappyCamper

Johnny Bravo wrote:

for work suit, shirt, and tie. (or at least back when we could go into the office).

muftis would be casual shirts, sweaters, plain t-shirts, trousers, jeans etc. even some polo shirts. i've nothing against them in particular. but there is a time and place. i just think the existing dress code is good and there is no reason to change it.

polo shirts are too casual - if you want to relax things that much then you may as well let them wear what they want. also they are pretty unflattering on anyone above like high twenties % body fat - which is quite a few snooker players.