Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live English Open Last 64 !!!

Postby Iranu

Murphy went off the boil a bit after the first couple of frames but Lilley did play well once he got used to the table.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Acé wrote:I like Colin Murray more than Goldstein, Goldstein's boring as a rock and feel he's not as connected to the Eurosport gang as Colin Murray is, the banter is better when Colin's around

I used to prefer Goldstein, now I prefer Murray.

Goldstein was never great, I just disliked Murray more. But he's grown a bit on me.

Same here. Goldstein used to present the Premier League so I knew him way before Collin.

But Collin Murray is better no doubt.

Goldstein was rubbish at that too.

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:Just watching Only Connect over breakfast.

Judd Trump got a mention in the Missing Vowels round.

I once saw an episode of pointless where 'Judge Trump' was given as an answer.

Postby SnookerEd25

McManusFan wrote:

I saw one where ‘Jed’ Trump was given.

Still, no bad publicity as long as they’re getting your name right...

Postby hendry_fan

GET THE BUCK IN THERE!!!!.

Auld John indeed put the fresh,very young gun Benzo in his place,gave him a good spanking,4-0!. :happy: :-D

Postby McManusFan

hendry_fan wrote:GET THE BUCK IN THERE!!!!.

Auld John indeed put the fresh,very young gun Benzo in his place,gave him a good spanking,4-0!. :happy: :-D

I caught that match up on youtube, John was playing some decent stuff!

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:

Wasn't there an episode of Pointless where you had to come up with people who had made it to at least the Quarter Finals at The Crucible? You're trying to think of somebody obscure who made the quarter-final once, who hadn't done much else in their career.

Then people like Neil Robertson were Pointless.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

Wasn't there an episode of Pointless where you had to come up with people who had made it to at least the Quarter Finals at The Crucible? You're trying to think of somebody obscure who made the quarter-final once, who hadn't done much else in their career.

Yes. 'Pointless' contestants are very rarely snooker fans.

This is why we are on a higher spiritual plane. :roll:

Postby McManusFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

The contestants have nothing to do with it, it's whoever they've got to fill out the questionaire to work out the points. Paints a sorry picture for how popular snooker is with the British public.

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

The contestants have nothing to do with it, it's whoever they've got to fill out the questionaire to work out the points. Paints a sorry picture for how popular snooker is with the British public.

This.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Is it just me that doesn’t think that’s that bad?

What?

Nobody in the survey knowing Neil Robertson’s name. There are plenty of sportspeople that fans of the sport would consider big names but I wouldn’t know. Cycling, golf, athletics etc. Depending on the people being surveyed it’s not inconceivable that there are no moderate snooker fans in there. Robertson being pointless is mildly surprising but not outrageous, in my opinion.

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Is it just me that doesn’t think that’s that bad?

What?

Nobody in the survey knowing Neil Robertson’s name. There are plenty of sportspeople that fans of the sport would consider big names but I wouldn’t know. Cycling, golf, athletics etc. Depending on the people being surveyed it’s not inconceivable that there are no moderate snooker fans in there. Robertson being pointless is mildly surprising but not outrageous, in my opinion.

I agree with you. What I was saying is that's it's bad for snooker, not bad that people can't think of Robbo's name.

Postby Iranu

I don’t think it says anything bad about snooker either, though.

Let’s say you started watching snooker somewhat casually within the last ten years, just the BBC events, like a lot of people do. Even if you knew who Robbo was you wouldn’t necessarily think of him as someone who got to the quarter finals of the Worlds based on his record there!

Postby HappyCamper

karen allen was a pointless answer once for actors who were in the indiana jones films. and she was a lead in one of the most popular and enduring film series.

the bar for pointless isn't often that obscure when the categories are open ended.

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:karen allen was a pointless answer once for actors who were in the indiana jones films. and she was a lead in one of the most popular and enduring film series.

the bar for pointless isn't often that obscure when the categories are open ended.

Exactly. I’ve never heard of her.

It’s easy to think because we know something other people should.