Post a reply

I’m Sorry

Postby Alex0paul

But I just can’t get excited about the current snooker season

Re: I’m Sorry

Postby D4P

Poor Ronnie-haters. Snooker's no fun for them these days.

Postby Scooper

I predict Ronnie’s gonna disappoint a lot of people. The people who don’t want him to win.

Postby Alex0paul

D4P wrote:Poor Ronnie-haters. Snooker's no fun for them these days.

I’m not sure what that has to do with it? I absolutely loved the WC.

There is no identity to any event and it seems like a lot of the top guys are going to struggle to get themselves up for the early rounds.

Postby TheRocket

know that feeling. when there is no crowd and the tournaments all look alike its hard to get really excited.

really hope we can get back to normality asap. Not just in Snooker obviously but everywhere.

Postby Andre147

I agree with Dan, it's strange times but better to have Snooker than no Snooker at all.

Not ideal, but it's the best WST can provide us right now and they have done a tremendous job so far.

Postby Iranu

Still think they need to use different carpets for different tournaments. You can see it’s all tiles in MK anyway. The lights being red is one thing but it’s barely noticeable.

Postby Alex0paul

Don’t get me wrong, it’s fantastic that these events are even on but there’s just no buzz about them at all

Postby D4P

Ronnie's probably the only person who prefers snooker without fans in attendance. I think the events will be more exciting once we reach the later rounds, assuming that there are marquee matchups. The Selby-Gould final at the European Masters was never going to get anyone excited...

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:Ronnie's probably the only person who prefers snooker without fans in attendance. I think the events will be more exciting once we reach the later rounds, assuming that there are marquee matchups. The Selby-Gould final at the European Masters was never going to get anyone excited...

But it was a good final decided on the last frame.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
D4P wrote:Ronnie's probably the only person who prefers snooker without fans in attendance. I think the events will be more exciting once we reach the later rounds, assuming that there are marquee matchups. The Selby-Gould final at the European Masters was never going to get anyone excited...

But it featured Selby and was therefore boring and worthless.

Postby Cloud Strife

Agree with Alex. Not really feeling any of these tournaments so far this season.

Postby Dragonfly

Same here. While the snooker I have watched so far this season has been a distraction from obviously much more important stuff going on, I'm very much in couldn't care less mode.

I guess any sort of distraction is a good thing. Perhaps I will get into it more as season goes on.

Postby The_Abbott

how can you not be excited with so many top players in action? and Murphy

Postby Dan-cat

The_Abbott wrote:how can you not be excited with so many top players in action? and Murphy

Lolz. It's true though. Alex, do you think you should try a different sport? <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

The Championship League is a bit cack. But good to see proper snooker back on. (If you can call best of seven proper.)

Not sure what my plans are for the weekend, but look forward to watching some. Hopefully all day of the final. :D

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I enjoyed the Championship League in June and the World Championship was very good but I can't get into this season. The novelty has wore off.

Postby HustleKing

Good thing then that I'm an overall fun of snooker then as well as a I am a twat and don't just live to see Ronnie get beaten.

On the other hand, being a Trump hater has been a most delightful experience the last few months :chuckle:

Postby Andre147

HustleKing wrote:

Good thing then that I'm an overall fun of snooker then as well as a I am a twat and don't just live to see Ronnie get beaten.

On the other hand, being a Trump hater has been a most delightful experience the last few months :chuckle:

But some do live to see Ronnie get beaten... errmmm.... hendry_fan

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Brilliant post :hatoff:

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:#parttimefans #casuals

Snooker is worthless without flair players, just like any other sport for that matter.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:

Snooker is worthless without flair players, just like any other sport for that matter.

I was talking about Alex not being interested in the current tournaments, not your flair players comments.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I was talking about Alex not being interested in the current tournaments, not your flair players comments.

DECLINE

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It was sarcasm.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It was sarcasm.

Good luck explaining that to JB.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:Good luck explaining that to JB.

rofl

Postby mantorok

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote: