Post a reply

Century Record in a season

Postby Wildey

The Record for a single season Century tally is 53 by Stephen Hendry a few years Back

Do you think that Record will Go this season with all the added events ?

Mark Selby is currently on 26 half way to the total with Marco Fu on 15. i think only Selby could reach that target this season now Do you think he will beat 53 this term ?

and if he does beat it he will reach 200 thats impressive for a player that was on about 65 only 5 years ago.

Re: Century Record in a season

Postby mex10092

Well, that´s a good question.

With so many tournaments these days, if O´Sullivan would bother to play in them he could and should very well broke that record.

Postby Casey

Yes it will be smashed out of the park, 70+ tons for Selby should be the target.

The young players coming through now with 20+ events a year to play in should reach 900-1000 in their career.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:Yes it will be smashed out of the park, 70+ tons for Selby should be the target.

The young players coming through now with 20+ events a year to play in should reach 900-1000 in their career.

they not really playing to 70 + standard are they Selby played in 10 tournament and averaging less than 3 a tournament.

Ronnie is on 10 or 11

Postby Wildey

mmmmmm you might be right as well mate 3 a tournament = about 23 tournaments to reach 70.

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wrote:Yes it will be smashed out of the park, 70+ tons for Selby should be the target.

they not really playing to 70 + standard are they Selby played in 10 tournament and averaging less than 3 a tournament.

Ronnie is on 10 or 11

Well if he made 3 every tournament that would be 63 + more for the Championship league and PL. Also he will average higher in the UK and world.

I think the top generation of the new players should be able to make 1000 by the time their career ends. How many is Ding on? Fullcareer.

Postby Wildey

yes i worked it out with my calculater after i posted :redneck:

god i sound like seifer <laugh>

Postby Roland

Next thing you'll be restarting this thread in a section you have the rights to delete posts from <laugh>

Postby Eirebilly

Do you have a list of century makers this year Wild? I would have thought that Robbo would be up there as well.

Selby so far on 26.... Thats not bad for someone who is so negative now is it :john:

Postby Eirebilly

Nice one, cheers wild. I could have sworn that Robbo had more than 5 this year... Selby being 11 in front of any other player is definately a slap in the face to all that say he is boring. He is motoring along. Ronnie only having 10 tons is also a suprise.

Postby Roland

It must be all these slowing tactics he's been using paying off <laugh>

Postby Casey

I think by the time Ding retires he will hold the century record. He is 23 yea? He is already on 181 and with over 20 tournaments a season to play in he should take the record.

Postby Roland

Ding and Cope always looked like the boys breaking through in the last few years who would do most damage to the century break records

Postby sundaygirl

Ronnie reached 100 centuries in 5 professional seasons Ding equalled this (probably by playing fewer tournaments) .
I think that Jack Lisowski or Luca Brecel will smash this record if the PTC stays the same size or expands.

Postby Casey

sundaygirl wrote:Ronnie reached 100 centuries in 5 professional seasons Ding equalled this (probably by playing fewer tournaments) .
I think that Jack Lisowski or Luca Brecel will smash this record if the PTC stays the same size or expands.

Ding did it in not only few tournaments but faaarrrrrr fewer matches as well. Ronnie had over 100 matches in his first season.

Postby Eirebilly

Ding certainly is a great breakbuilder. I am just waiting for him to show some consistency. I am still well impressed with Selby's total this season, i guess certain posters will have to refraim form using the name Slowby now <ok>

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Ronnie reached 100 centuries in 5 professional seasons Ding equalled this (probably by playing fewer tournaments) .

Ding did it in not only few tournaments but faaarrrrrr fewer matches as well. Ronnie had over 100 matches in his first season.

Stephen Hendry also reached 100 centuries in fewer matches and tournaments than Ronnie did.

Postby Bourne

I can sense a reactionary 666 article is being viciously typed up as we speak ... lol

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wrote:

Stephen Hendry also reached 100 centuries in fewer matches and tournaments than Ronnie did.

Also true <ok>

Postby Wildey

in 6 years it took Stephen to reach 100 centuries there was 44 Rankers and he played 3 Masters

in 5 years it took Ronnie there was 47 Rankers and he played 4 Masters

Ding Junhui Reached 100 Centuries in 36 Rankers and 4 Masters in 5 years .

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:in 6 years it took Stephen to reach 100 centuries there was 44 Rankers and he played 3 Masters

in 5 years it took Ronnie there was 47 Rankers and he played 4 Masters

Ding Junhui Reached 100 Centuries in 36 Rankers and 4 Masters in 5 years .

Remember Ronnie had all those qualifying matches to play as well, 7 or 8 per tournament. Hendry had 1 and Ding 3.

Postby Eirebilly

Imagine how good Ding would be if he could just get some consistency and a bit more mental strength into his game.. He would dominate for sure.

Wild, are you going to make an article on the 606 about this? The responses would be very interesting.

Postby Wildey

in reply to THIS THREAD i did say this quote however mr seifer thinks its alright to delete stuff he disagrees with so ive posted it here and then it will remind him of how he cant delete nothing from here every time he feels like seing what the island is like and lift quotes to put on 606 <ok>

snooker is a sport where when you breakbuild nothing your oponment can do about it.

statistics prove when players was less atacking like in the 80s making breaks is harder than if players goes for a long pot totally fluffs it and leaves you in the balls.

in the 80s every chance you got had to be worked hard at or pot a long pot to get in they played percentages and never took risks unlike now.

stick to something you understand because common sense is way above your head.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Centuries are nice but it's tournaments that matter :ahh:

SPOT ON :afro: <cool>

Postby Casey

Its a fact it was harder to break-build in the 80's

A. Slow cloths (just look what happened in Shanghai this year with a cloth playing slow)
B. The players took less risk so the chances of being left in with balls left wide open was reduced.

Postby Casey

Here is a piece from Dave Hendon's blog today which shows exactly why it was more difficult for the players of the 80's to break-build

In Mans’s day, the cloths were heavier, the balls broke less easily and the conditions were not as conducive to break building as today where the players are treated to beautifully fast cloths.