Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:I notice Amine Amiri lost 3-0 to French amateur Ochoiski yesterday.
I saw him play against Higgins and it was like a rabbit in headlights.
Now I get how awarding tour cards to continental champions globalises the game, but surely there's a better way of promoting the sport in Africa?

There are many better ways, but WST are determined to stick to a rigid tour-card structure.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

chengdufan wrote:I notice Amine Amiri lost 3-0 to French amateur Ochoiski yesterday.
Now I get how awarding tour cards to continental champions globalises the game, but surely there's a better way of promoting the sport in Africa?

I have never seen a rabbit when driving at night.

Could you please elaborate on that metaphor.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

You obviously don't live in the country, I see them, deer, badgers, rats, bats and giant insects too, quite a shock after moving out of London.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

You obviously don't live in the country, I see them, deer, badgers, rats, bats and giant insects too, quite a shock after moving out of London.

We were discussing rabbits not deer.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

We were discussing rabbits not deer.

Just because you've never seen a rabbit in your headlights doesn't mean it doesn't happen, it does, where do you think the saying came from?

Postby Ck147

HappyCamper wrote:bit silly to have a rabbit in the headlights imho they will block the light better to use a less opaque animal like a jellyfish.

Stfu HC....lol

Postby Wildey

Dan Wells fails Covid Test again.

No symptoms nothing its so frustrated for him but it is what it is.

Postby Ck147

Wildey wrote:Dan Wells fails Covid Test again.

Do you think a face mask would have helped?

Postby HappyCamper

Wildey wrote:Dan Wells fails Covid Test again.

Viral RNA can often persist for two plus weeks after infection. Given how closeness of tournaments, we could see anyone who tests positive missing multiple events. Interesting to see results from the English open, for both him and Gary Wilson.

Lei Peifan retested and was negative. But had left the bubble, otherwise he would have been parachuted in.

Postby chengdufan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Welcome back Badsnookerplayer!

To be honest, I couldn't remember if the correct animal to use here was deer or rabbit. I went with rabbit.
The animal I was thinking of freezes in fear when seeing an oncoming car at night. Instead of running, it stands still, allowing the car to hit it.
This came to mind watching Amiri as he seemed to be so nervous playing Higgins that he couldn't even pot the simplest of balls.