Post a reply

Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan on Covid-19 fears

Postby TheRocket

Those who know people that have died from it or got very ill have a lot of fear and rightly so. Thats why it was understandable that Hamilton didnt play at the WC. He knows people who died and got very ill from it. And looks like Ronnie know people as well.

its his choice. he could take a break. I think there will be a vaccine very soon. Certainly prior to the World Championship.

Postby Dragonfly

He's right of course in what he says. It is a real threat and a big concern for everyone.

I'm not sure of the point in news stories about how wealthy celebrities are concerned though. Ronnie doesn't have to play if he doesn't want to. He's rich enough to sit at home for years if he wishes.

Postby SnookerFan

Dragonfly wrote:He's right of course in what he says. It is a real threat and a big concern for everyone.

I'm not sure of the point in news stories about how wealthy celebrities are concerned though. Ronnie doesn't have to play if he doesn't want to. He's rich enough to sit at home for years if he wishes.

I kind of thought that. He could pull out if he wants to.

I know it's not really the point, and that you could argue that his concerns are genuine though.

Postby Wildey

Just remember a Vaccine is not a magic bullet to any of this Everyone has to do whats right for themselves and their family.

Ristrictions and Lockdown has not worked and it was never going to work all it has done is push it forward as soon as ristrictions are lifted its back there is no chance of winning this short term at all we have to try and live with it and forget all these threats of lockdown and all that bullocks now. the govenments is like a school teacher teaching the same thing time after time after time without the brains to work out if it was wrong the 1st time its not going to be right the second time.

Everyone has had the warning now they know what they have to do to keep safe Social Distence and Wash hands thats all you need to know

Lockdown should have happened end of Feb or Early march it didnt so it was too late now. im against masks 1 because people have got zero clue on mask management just putting it on your face is pointless 2 its a virus and there is no evidence mask stop virus particles getting through unfortunally masks has taken the place of social distencing more and more every day and people are getting closer and closer to each other thinking Mask is the way forward its NOT. 3 Persanally i hate to wear them and hate to see them they suffocate me i only wear them sparingly to get milk etc and without any evidence it pisses me off badly i have to wear the bucking things.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:I would like to see RO'S debate this with Peter Ebdon on live TV.

Well worth a watch.

Ronnie could update us on how his plans for a rival tour are going.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:I would like to see RO'S debate this with Peter Ebdon on live TV.

Well worth a watch.

Hendry obviously got tired of waiting for Ronnie to put something together he decided Barry was the better bet <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Well worth a watch.

Hendry obviously got tired of waiting for Ronnie to put something together he decided Barry was the better bet <laugh>

Ronnie's plans are imminent. He plans on making an official announcement any decade now.

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie's plans are imminent. He plans on making an official announcement any decade now.

He's too busy winning world championships.

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie's plans are imminent. He plans on making an official announcement any decade now.

He's too busy winning world championships.

It's not kept him that busy. He had a seven year gap between winning them.

Postby Iranu

D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:It's not kept him that busy. He had a seven year gap between winning them.

He had other stuff to do, too.

Postby D4P

Iranu wrote:
D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:It's not kept him that busy. He had a seven year gap between winning them.

He had other stuff to do, too.

He also played some American football on that trip. He's a very busy man.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:Just remember a Vaccine is not a magic bullet to any of this Everyone has to do whats right for themselves and their family.

Ristrictions and Lockdown has not worked and it was never going to work all it has done is push it forward as soon as ristrictions are lifted its back there is no chance of winning this short term at all we have to try and live with it and forget all these threats of lockdown and all that bullocks now. the govenments is like a school teacher teaching the same thing time after time after time without the brains to work out if it was wrong the 1st time its not going to be right the second time.

Everyone has had the warning now they know what they have to do to keep safe Social Distence and Wash hands thats all you need to know

Lockdown should have happened end of Feb or Early march it didnt so it was too late now. im against masks 1 because people have got zero clue on mask management just putting it on your face is pointless 2 its a virus and there is no evidence mask stop virus particles getting through unfortunally masks has taken the place of social distencing more and more every day and people are getting closer and closer to each other thinking Mask is the way forward its NOT. 3 Persanally i hate to wear them and hate to see them they suffocate me i only wear them sparingly to get milk etc and without any evidence it pisses me off badly i have to wear the bucking things.

1. This is an issue with people, not with masks.

2. This is patently false and is quite frankly dangerous spreading of misinformation.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-07-08-ox ... k-act-now#

https://files.fast.ai/papers/masks_lit_review.pdf

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10.13 ... 2020.00818

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2#Sec3

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ne_15_2020

https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/scie ... d-covid-19

https://www.wsj.com/articles/face-masks ... 1595083298

And so on and so on.

3. Your personal feelings on masks are not a reason to tell others not to wear them. If you want to limit how much you have to wear them fine but it’s selfish to expect others not to just because you personally don’t like them.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:Just remember a Vaccine is not a magic bullet to any of this Everyone has to do whats right for themselves and their family.

1. This is an issue with people, not with masks.

2. This is patently false and is quite frankly dangerous spreading of misinformation.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-07-08-ox ... k-act-now#

https://files.fast.ai/papers/masks_lit_review.pdf

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10.13 ... 2020.00818

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2#Sec3

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ne_15_2020

https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/scie ... d-covid-19

https://www.wsj.com/articles/face-masks ... 1595083298

And so on and so on.

3. Your personal feelings on masks are not a reason to tell others not to wear them. If you want to limit how much you have to wear them fine but it’s selfish to expect others not to just because you personally don’t like them.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The problem is the people, not the means to protect them.

Postby McManusFan

Something that doesn't get brought up enough are the potential long term side effects that can last for an unknown length of time. My mother in law caught this thing back in February, and she's still suffering on and off with breathing difficulties, chronic fatigue and varous aches and pains.

I imagine if a snooker player had to put up with that, their career would be over.

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:2 its a virus and there is no evidence mask stop virus particles getting through

I'm not sure you if you are under the impression that the mask protects the wearer because that's not why we're wearing them, it significantly reduces the travel of the particles from when people breathe out, talk or shout. Yes particles will escape but the person would have to be practically hugging you to make the mask redundant.

Wearing a mask doesnt protect you, staying away from infected people will though.

Postby Wildey

Name me just 1 country masks is working?

Fact is they dont pointless crap thats designed to get people in to a false sense of security to go out shopping and spending money.

Think of this sensiby its a VIRUS whats change in the last 3 months? when they said it was not needed NOTHING its stil a virus it still spread by droplets aparantly but 3 months ago we did not need them now we do so what has actually changed if they dont know about Viruses and how they spread by 2020 VIRUSES are not new are they if they seriously thought they did anything why not use masks in March? then IF they worked the Virus might have been surpressed. Facts are when they needed people out and shopping thats when they changed tact.

yea they did not want people using official PPE but are they realy that stupid not to sugest we cover our mouths and nose any way we can? its not rocket science is it end of may they sugested masks when the peak was over why is that oh yea to get people out spending.

Postby McManusFan

Wildey wrote:Name me just 1 country masks is working?

Fact is they dont pointless crap thats designed to get people in to a false sense of security to go out shopping and spending money.

Think of this sensiby its a VIRUS whats change in the last 3 months? when they said it was not needed NOTHING its stil a virus it still spread by droplets aparantly but 3 months ago we did not need them now we do so what has actually changed if they dont know about Viruses and how they spread by 2020 VIRUSES are not new are they if they seriously thought they did anything why not use masks in March? then IF they worked the Virus might have been surpressed. Facts are when they needed people out and shopping thats when they changed tact.

yea they did not want people using official PPE but are they realy that stupid not to sugest we cover our mouths and nose any way we can? its not rocket science is it end of may they sugested masks when the peak was over why is that oh yea to get people out spending.

They're working pretty well in Australia, admittedly with other restrictions as well. I think what changed between now and the start of the pandemic is that we found out more about the virus. One of those things being that it is partially airborne through droplets and that masks are an effective way to stop people unwittlingly spreading virus particles, as well as making it harder to breath them in.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Name me just 1 country masks is working?

Conspiracy theories are pointless talk here.

We're talking about human health, and masks do prevent the virus from spreading, just look at the links Iranu provided and I could name many others.

It's your government fault they didnt want to have people wear masks earlier. In my country it started in March. Yes there will always be people who are not responsible, therefore cases will rise, but if masks werent mandatory on most public places, the cases would rise even more.

You think I also like to wear it? I hate it, but if it's another means to protect us, so be it, not some "spending money" bullocks you just mentioned.

Postby Wildey

I'm talking facts buck all to do with conspiracy theory mate.

Infection in Britain came down without masks being compulsory since masks been made compulsory they have gone up massively.

Postby HustleKing

Wildey wrote:I'm talking facts buck all to do with conspiracy theory mate.

Infection in Britain came down without masks being compulsory since masks been made compulsory they have gone up massively.

That could also be linked to people becoming more complacent, relaxed or fed up of the guidelines though (such as in Swansea University recently)? I doubt it could be correlated directly, or strongly, to differences in mask wearing