Post a reply

BetVictor European Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 21st - Sunday 27th of September at The Marshal Arena, Milton Keynes

What a line up Shaun Murphy to take on Mark Selby and Judd Trump after a very impressive tournament playing Martin Gould

Both Selby and Trump are on 17 ranking events and both have appered in 26 ranking finals what a ocation that would be but Shaun Murphy and Martin Gould will have other ideas, Gould in his first semi-final since the 2017 International Championship.

Who will reach the final?

DRAW

Semi Finals
Shaun Murphy v Mark Selby Selby leads 20-17
-------------------------------------------------------------
Judd Trump v Martin Gould Tump leads 13-7

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor European Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Iranu

I’m surprised at how close Murphy and Selby’s head to head is.

You’d think Murphy’s the kind of player that Selby would demolish more often than not.

Gould’s record against Judd is also relatively strong.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:I’m surprised at how close Murphy and Selby’s head to head is.

You’d think Murphy’s the kind of player that Selby would demolish more often than not.

Gould’s record against Judd is also relatively strong.

Smurf is one of the best long potters, so he can get in first more often than other Selbo opponents.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:its somewhat funny that Selby who is regarded as a defensive player scored 100 more centuries than Murphy whos game relies on potting and scoring.

Johnny Bravo's head just exploded.

Postby D4P

TheRocket wrote:its somewhat funny that Selby who is regarded as a defensive player scored 100 more centuries than Murphy whos game relies on potting and scoring.

Murphy makes 50+ breaks at a slightly higher rate than Selby (i.e. 36.68% to 36.45%).

Postby Iranu

Exactly.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:

Selbo has played more frames.

Postby D4P

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Selbo has played more frames.

Selby also makes centuries at a higher rate per frame than Murphy does.

Postby TheRocket

Selby used to be a heavy scorer when he had his breakthrough in 2007. He once made 6 centuries against Hendry at the World Championship, 2nd round match which is still a record for a bo25 match I think.

2007-2011 was his heavy scorer days.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
D4P wrote:Selby also makes centuries at a higher rate per frame than Murphy does.

The difference is very small. Plus Smurf hasn't got the best cueball control out there.

Selby still has more centuries and a better century rate, no matter how small the difference is. Murphy’s considered one of the best potters breakbuilders in the world, what does that tell you? Considering you’re not surprised at Murphy’s strong record against Selby?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
D4P wrote:Selby also makes centuries at a higher rate per frame than Murphy does.

The difference is very small. Plus Smurf hasn't got the best cueball control out there.

Selby still has more centuries and a better century rate, no matter how small the difference is. Murphy’s considered one of the best potters breakbuilders in the world, what does that tell you? Considering you’re not surprised at Murphy’s strong record against Selby?

Smurf is a brilliant potter. He's also a very good breakbuilder, but I wouldn't put him in the creme de la creme breakbuilders echelon.
And the margin between him and Selbo is small: 6.87% out of the total number of frames Selbo has played throughout his career were tons, while in Smurf's case that number is 6.24%. Plus Smurf has a better 50+ breaks ratio, so they're pretty close.

Postby Iranu

I agree that Smurph isn’t one of the absolute best breakbuilders (he’s too poor at cannons for a start) but he’s up there.

The fact that he and Selby are “pretty close” says everything you need to know about Selby being way more than just a “boring, defensive, talentless grinder.” That’s my point.

Postby Juddernaut88

I think Johnny is quite the character and is good for this forum in my opinion.
Lots of us have different opinions and like and dislike different players and even if I don't agree with his opinions I still find him funny and find his posts useful.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Juddernaut88 wrote:I think Johnny is quite the character and is good for this forum in my opinion.
Lots of us have different opinions and like and dislike different players and even if I don't agree with his opinions I still find him funny and find his posts useful.

:hatoff:
That "Wilfy character" is the only one who truly "hates" me. :chuckle:

Postby TheRocket

Looks like Selby has found his game like he usally does in the later stages of tournaments. Murphy on the other hand is looking very flat out there. Makes the impression like if he's not really up for it.

Only one winner atm.