Post a reply

Re: BetVictor European Masters Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:Your knowledge of snooker takes a lot to be desired

Selby is a all-rounder I've seen him playing at 17 second a shot and hes not negative all the time you just don't appreciate the artistry of snooker.

in sex term you like a quick bunk up in the back of a mini with your legs hanging out the window.

You don't have the right to speak, you have betrayed Hendry. He'd be ashamed of someone like you pretending to be a fan of his. Hendry hates with all his core the type of game Selbo plays. Hendry embodies attacking play and you insult him by going to bed with the enemy.
And Selby is negative cause he he refuses to take on many pots and plays safe instead.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Now we're watching The Bake Off from earlier in the week.

Some dopey mare is making a bubblegum flavoured battenburg.

Why buck around with Battenburg? They're lovely.

That has annoyed me.

Postby Iranu

Iranu wrote:Murphy misses the green on 40 points, chance for Robbo to steal the decider.

But he misses the last red!

Luckily for him it runs tricky and Murphy misses it too.

We have a battle on the last red on out hands :D

Postby Iranu

Iranu wrote:
Iranu wrote:Murphy misses the green on 40 points, chance for Robbo to steal the decider.

But he misses the last red!

Luckily for him it runs tricky and Murphy misses it too.

We have a battle on the last red on out hands :D

Which Murphy wins. Should be a straightforward clearance from here.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:Your knowledge of snooker takes a lot to be desired

Selby is a all-rounder I've seen him playing at 17 second a shot and hes not negative all the time you just don't appreciate the artistry of snooker.

in sex term you like a quick bunk up in the back of a mini with your legs hanging out the window.

You don't have the right to speak, you have betrayed Hendry. He'd be ashamed of someone like you pretending to be a fan of his. Hendry hates with all his core the type of game Selbo plays. Hendry embodies attacking play and you insult him by going to bed with the enemy.
And Selby is negative cause he he refuses to take on many pots and plays safe instead.

what are you on about ? <doh>

i am a snooker fan and i will support any style that gets the job done wasn't particularly a fan of the way Hendry played in the 2000s when his long game was shot instead of adapting he was pig headed and wouldn't compromise.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:You're not allowed to enjoy two different styles of play Wild. *

* According to this site.

No you are not. :no:

Either you love attacking play or you turn to the dark side of the boring grinders.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:You don't have the right to speak, you have betrayed Hendry. He'd be ashamed of someone like you pretending to be a fan of his. Hendry hates with all his core the type of game Selbo plays. Hendry embodies attacking play and you insult him by going to bed with the enemy.

i am a snooker fan and i will support any style that gets the job done ......

No, attacking play is the way. I'd rather loose but play attacking and exciting snooker than grind out and win at any costs.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm really tempted to go an see Bill & Ted tomorrow morning, in what'll probably be am empty cinema.

But probably shouldn't. Already work in a job where I have to be in. The lockdown already seems like a long time ago for me.

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:I'm really tempted to go an see Bill & Ted tomorrow morning, in what'll probably be am empty cinema.

But probably shouldn't. Already work in a job where I have to be in. The lockdown already seems like a long time ago for me.

It's hard to say what's riskier: being exposed to COVID, or eating food from McDonald's...

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:And Selby is negative cause he he refuses to take on many pots and plays safe instead.

This isn’t really true. Selby’s negativity comes from messing the table up and playing thin safeties rather than aggressive ones. He doesn’t really turn down pots when they’re available.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:You don't have the right to speak, you have betrayed Hendry. He'd be ashamed of someone like you pretending to be a fan of his. Hendry hates with all his core the type of game Selbo plays. Hendry embodies attacking play and you insult him by going to bed with the enemy.

No, attacking play is the way. I'd rather loose but play attacking and exciting snooker than grind out and win at any costs.

i guess you're a loser in everything you do then

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:And Selby is negative cause he he refuses to take on many pots and plays safe instead.

This isn’t really true. Selby’s negativity comes from messing the table up and playing thin safeties rather than aggressive ones. He doesn’t really turn down pots when they’re available.

Selby is a very attacking safety player when he's on form always looking to put the ball in the best place and that takes time to work out and can be seen as negative to the untrained eye.

What selby does that's different is to pinpoint when he's not playing well early enough, so he adapts quickly and then can get bogged down and still win matches.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:

i guess you're a loser in everything you do then

I can beat you any time.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Selby is a very attacking safety player when he's on form always looking to put the ball in the best place and that takes time to work out and can be seen as negative to the untrained eye.

What selby does that's different is to pinpoint when he's not playing well early enough, so he adapts quickly and then can get bogged down and still win matches.

Oh yeah I agree I’m not saying he’s negative all the time. But when he’s not confident it’s his safeties that change, he still goes for pots. He often ends up with pretty low long pot success percentages because of this.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:

He doesn't turn down 2 way shots where he can get the white back to baulk in case he misses, he rarely takes on due or die shots.

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm really tempted to go an see Bill & Ted tomorrow morning, in what'll probably be am empty cinema.

It's hard to say what's riskier: being exposed to COVID, or eating food from McDonald's...

:bird:

Postby Iranu

Gould beats Yan in the decider.

I’ve always thought Gould’s a bit overrated to be honest, he seems to get talked about as if he should be a top 16 mainstay which I don’t agree with. Still, it’s nice to see him getting back to some form.

Postby Juddernaut88

I'm very pleased Judd got that win over Kyren Wilson. The way Judd played in those first 4 frames looked like he was back to how he was playing before lockdown.
He has been playing well all week but all the players he played before today were players you'd expect him to beat comfortably. So it was a test today which he has passed. I hope he can continue that tonight and in the final (assuming he can win tonight)

It's a shame Ding lost. Snooker gods never give me the dream final of Judd Trump vs Ding Junhui. Certainly not in the past 4 years or so anyway.