Post a reply

Re: BetVictor European Masters Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:Think Selbo will have a good season. He looks like a man who is out to put things right after being humiliated by O'Sullivan. Could be a long year.

I think so too.

Genuine question Pinks, do you think should Ding win the World Championship he should retire? Or carry on?

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:Think Selbo will have a good season. He looks like a man who is out to put things right after being humiliated by O'Sullivan.

Agreed. He really should have won the World Championship, and was very unlucky not to do so.

Definitely one to keep an eye on.

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:
D4P wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Think Selbo will have a good season. He looks like a man who is out to put things right after being humiliated by O'Sullivan.

Agreed. He really should have won the World Championship, and was very unlucky not to do so.

Was he?

Indeed.

Postby D4P

World Snooker must have felt so bad about not putting Judd's picture in that promotional banner a few weeks ago, that they decided to put his picture in 6 times in that mural near the snooker table...

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:Think Selbo will have a good season. He looks like a man who is out to put things right after being humiliated by O'Sullivan. Could be a long year.

His next match for O'Sullivan will be a very interesting one, hopefully it comes in one of the big tournaments.

Postby Johnny Bravo

He won't win any major trophies, he ain't playing good enough.

Postby Pink Ball

D4P wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
D4P wrote:

Was he?

Indeed.

Think he was bucking haunted to get as far as he did, frankly.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
D4P wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
D4P wrote:

Was he?

Indeed.

Think he was bucking haunted to get as far as he did, frankly.

Noppon had a great chance to knock him out.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Well, Tramp won.

Good. He'll win the while thing now.
He'll obliterate Selbo if they meet. Trump has always enjoyed destroying him.

Will be an interesting final should it happen.

They only played one at the 2011 China Open.

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:Think he was bucking haunted to get as far as he did, frankly.

Maybe. I didn't watch any of his matches before the SF. But from 16-14 up, Selby was very unlucky that Ronnie potted so many ridiculous pots. The combined probability of him potting all of those must have been 1 in 100 at the very best.

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:

Maybe. I didn't watch any of his matches before the SF. But from 16-14 up, Selby was very unlucky that Ronnie potted so many ridiculous pots. The combined probability of him potting all of those must have been 1 in 100 at the very best.

Having said that, Selby had a great chance to make a clerance in the decider. Ronnie didn't win all 3 frames in one visit, but nevertheless played some of his best 3 frames of his career.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:Having said that, Selby had a great chance to make a clerance in the decider.

True. He can't blame bad luck for him losing position. I'm not sure Ronnie could have ever recovered mentally if Selby had cleared up there...

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Having said that, Selby had a great chance to make a clerance in the decider.

True. He can't blame bad luck for him losing position. I'm not sure Ronnie could have ever recovered mentally if Selby had cleared up there...

Would be up there with Higgins' clearance at the 2006 Masters Final, probably worst because it would come at the Worlds. Glad we didn't see that nightmare unfold.

Postby Iranu

D4P wrote:

Your opponent playing great stuff isn’t bad luck.

Postby rekoons

D4P wrote:World Snooker must have felt so bad about not putting Judd's picture in that promotional banner a few weeks ago, that they decided to put his picture in 6 times in that mural near the snooker table...

I noticed that too!

Postby D4P

Iranu wrote:Your opponent playing great stuff isn’t bad luck.

Call it what you will: the "great stuff" that Ronnie played included several very low probability pots, and if he had missed any of them he almost certainly would have lost.

Postby Iranu

rekoons wrote:
D4P wrote:World Snooker must have felt so bad about not putting Judd's picture in that promotional banner a few weeks ago, that they decided to put his picture in 6 times in that mural near the snooker table...

I noticed that too!

It’s all the event winners, that’s why he’s on there 6 times. Maguire’s on there twice too: World Cup and Tour Championship.

Postby Iranu

D4P wrote:
Iranu wrote:Your opponent playing great stuff isn’t bad luck.

Call it what you will: the "great stuff" that Ronnie played included several very low probability pots, and if he had missed any of them he almost certainly would have lost.

Judd Trump also potted a huge number of low probability pots in the 2019 final. Was Higgins unlucky not to win that match?

If your opponent potting difficult pots is unlucky then the whole game just comes down to luck which is crazy.

Selby wasn’t unlucky (beyond one fluked snooker) he was outplayed.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Decent player is Trump. World's best at the moment.

Always found him to be a bit of a prat. But he has matured in the last couple of years.

You were the one going on about hating players the other day.

Yes, but I only hate Selbo cause he's a grinder and cause he's slow and negative.

But I don't understand why you hate Trump. :?

Your knowledge of snooker takes a lot to be desired

Selby is a all-rounder I've seen him playing at 17 second a shot and hes not negative all the time you just don't appreciate the artistry of snooker.

in sex term you like a quick bunk up in the back of a mini with your legs hanging out the window.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:Your knowledge of snooker takes a lot to be desired

Selby is a all-rounder I've seen him playing at 17 second a shot and hes not negative all the time you just don't appreciate the artistry of snooker.

in sex term you like a quick bunk up in the back of a mini with your legs hanging out the window.

rofl

Selby wasn’t negative yesterday and although I haven’t seen the AST he didn’t seem particularly slow either.