Topic locked

October 12, 2010 - Jimmy White and Tony Drago in Gloucester

Postby Monique

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_s ... 946448.stm
South West Academy date for Jimmy White and Tony Drago

Mount manages Jimmy White, Barry Hawkins and Stephen Lee

Snooker stars Jimmy White and Tony Drago are set to play at the South West Academy in Gloucester.

The exhibition match will be the first on the arena table at the Quedgeley venue on 12 October.

Academy owner Paul Mount told BBC Radio Gloucestershire: "These players love to play in front of crowds.

"Having them here and getting them to show off their skills to people who enjoy snooker is important for the success of the academy."

Around 60 top professionals have either played or practiced at the academy in the two months since it opened, and 400 tickets for the match go on sale next week.

Mount hopes that this match will help promote the sport within the region.

"The league has been struggling for the last few years and we're trying to build that back up, but it would be nice if local clubs put more effort into holding local tournaments because we're doing our bit to try and get high ranking amateurs and professionals down here on a regular basis."

This should be fast, furious and good fun. Also the opportunity to visit the Academy's excellent facilities...

Re: October 12, 2010 - Jimmy White and Tony Drago in Glouces

Postby Sarah Mount

Still a few tickets left for next Tuesdays exhibition to launch the new Arena. Below are a couple of pics of the finishing touches being done to the Arena!

We are delighted to announce that Terry Griffiths and David Hendon will be our commentators for the evening for the live feed on our website. We are very grateful to both of them for giving up their time to come and support the Opening Night.

We are also working alongside the University of Gloucestershire to provide a comprehensive web broadcast of the event. It will go out via our Ustream Channel and we will have not just pictures and audio but also the graphics band at the bottom of the screen for the scores as well.

We will be taking the cameras backstage to meet the players, guests etc and get some interviews and a guided tour of the South West Snooker Academy and the facilities.

For those that can't be with us on the night, hopefully it will bring the Academy and the event to life for you all.

More details regarding the web streaming to follow. Anyone wishing to attend the event, there are still a few tickets remaining through TicketWeb and our NEW South West Snooker Academy WEBSITE

Postby Wildey

That looks absolutely Fantastic Sarah..

very impressive lay out.

i sincerely hope that WS will be using your Academy very soon for Qualifiers or PTC it looks just the ticket
Last edited by Wildey on 06 Oct 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

It looks mint! So have you got provision for an overhead camera with wide lens above the blue spot? That would give you a cutting edge selling point, especially for ball tracking data and ball replacement after a miss :)

It looks very good though, perfect for getting a few PTC events in the West Country.

Postby Wildey

btw i wont be attending although id love to go there one day soon as has been said it really is the bees knees regarding a custom made permanent snooker venue.

but ill be tuning in to the webcast <ok>

Postby weewelshwitch

Hi Guys

we'll post the link to the actual stream tomorrow - just watch the following page for the feed link to show up -
http://www.southwestsnookeracademy.com/live-feeds.html

The plan is to go on air around 6.30pm I think, maybe a bit earlier - but all you'll see then is people filling up the arena!
The event starts at 7pm when the introductions will be made, and the OnQ players will also be introduced.
Play itself will commence by 7.15pm.

If by any chance you are a student/staff at university of Gloucester they will be doing a second broadcast conducted by their own students, but I think I'd stick with Griff and David Hendon as your commentators for the night.

We're all really excited here, if a triful tired as everyone is working flat out with last minute details to make sure nothing has been overlooked.

Postby randam05

Is that 50p for a subscription for ever? so once youve bought that you can watch anything that comes live? if so, then great value, they may make a whole 5quid out of that. I hear Dominic dales there to introduce the players! great man, worth 50p just to see him. http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC7_news%2 ... tm?tid=189

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:Is that 50p for a subscription for ever? so once youve bought that you can watch anything that comes live? if so, then great value, they may make a whole 5quid out of that. I hear Dominic dales there to introduce the players! great man, worth 50p just to see him. http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC7_news%2 ... tm?tid=189

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Is that 50p for a subscription for ever? so once youve bought that you can watch anything that comes live? if so, then great value, they may make a whole 5quid out of that. I hear Dominic dales there to introduce the players! great man, worth 50p just to see him. http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC7_news%2 ... tm?tid=189

thats 50p for tonights match less than a corneto at half time at the venue <laugh>