Post a reply

Re: BetVictor European Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby motorhead

SnookerFan wrote:Who is Florian Nuessle?

Austrian Nationals winner in charge, are you telling me you didn't follow the last Austrian National Championship event?

Postby Iranu

Nuessle adding to the list of players who have a very pronounced, deliberate step into the shot. Two exaggerated, slow steps forward.

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:
Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:Murphy seems to have put on quite a bit of weight. Understandable of course in current circumstances and his achilles issue; I wonder how stuff like weight gain/loss affects your cueing, particularly if it’s happened over a relatively short period.

I seem to remember Hendry saying he couldn’t cue in exactly the same way as he used to because he’s bigger now. Might have been on the SS podcast.

I play better when I’ve been lazy in the gym and lost some muscle around my chest and shoulders. Unfortunately I’ve been lazy for so long I’m now accumulating a different kind of bulk, and naturally, playing terribly.

I just dont get this. If you are fit you will play better

Theoretically, yes. About 15 years ago I was fit, slim, and a decent player. 5 years ago I was just as fit, but bigger in terms of upper body muscle. This completely threw out my alignment. I found since then that when I lifted weights less my alignment was much better due to me ‘shrinking’ across my upper body and rediscovering my original alignment.

Today, I am unfit and bulky. The bulk is fat rather than muscle. I’m playing poorly, but lack of practice comes into it as much as anything else in this circumstance.

Postby Dan-cat

Prop wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I just dont get this. If you are fit you will play better

Theoretically, yes. About 15 years ago I was fit, slim, and a decent player. 5 years ago I was just as fit, but bigger in terms of upper body muscle. This completely threw out my alignment. I found since then that when I lifted weights less my alignment was much better due to me ‘shrinking’ across my upper body and rediscovering my original alignment.

Today, I am unfit and bulky. The bulk is fat rather than muscle. I’m playing poorly, but lack of practice comes into it as much as anything else in this circumstance.

Yes I hear you. I think both Judd and Robbo stopped doing weight training as having big muscles really didn't help their game. I was talking about being physically fit helps with focus.

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:
Prop wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I just dont get this. If you are fit you will play better

Yes I hear you. I think both Judd and Robbo stopped doing weight training as having big muscles really didn't help their game. I was talking about being physically fit helps with focus.

It helps with everything! We’ve discussed this before, but indeed, exercise is absofuckinglutely crucial in maintaining something of a healthy mind. And so the focus and mental agility we all wish we had in every waking minute of the day becomes a little easier to access :-)

Postby HappyCamper

Alex0paul wrote:Jimmy Robertson hasn’t won a match in this event since winning it has he?

correct lost to mod last year in first round qualifying. and lost to ash carty first round today today

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Jimmy Robertson hasn’t won a match in this event since winning it has he?

correct lost to mod last year in first round qualifying. and lost to ash carty first round today today

Which mod?

Wildey? Dan? or Andre?

Postby Dan-cat

Prop wrote:It helps with everything! We’ve discussed this before, but indeed, exercise is absofuckinglutely crucial in maintaining something of a healthy mind. And so the focus and mental agility we all wish we had in every waking minute of the day becomes a little easier to access :-)

Very well said Propster... absolutely bang on the money... in the last couple of weeks I've exercised half as much as I was. I feel half as good. No sh*t.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Which mod?

Wildey? Dan? or Andre?

Tubberlad

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Which mod?

Wildey? Dan? or Andre?

Tubberlad

rofl