Post a reply

Re: BetVictor European Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Liang’s “Alex Higgins style” movement on the shot starting to come into play.

It does resemble Alex Higgins.

Postby Iranu

Iranu wrote:Liang’s “Alex Higgins style” movement on the shot starting to come into play.

And he breaks down. Murphy with a chance to steal from 35 points behind.

Postby Juddernaut88

There are still 1st round matches left tommorow morning and afternoon. So I'm assuming the 2nd round matches will be played tommorow evening and all day Thursday. Round 3 matches will be Friday morning and afternoon and Round 4 will all be Friday evening.
Then both Quarter finals and semi finals on Saturday.
Overall very messy schedule if it is going to be like that!

Postby Iranu

Murphy clears the colours to take it. Great match.

Liang unlucky in the end, juuust missed a tricky yellow to middle with the white on the top cushion.

Postby Andre147

Murphy wins 5-4 on the final black.

Reminds me of the one v Ronnie at the 2015 German Masters, same score on the final black. I was gutted after Ron lost that one.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
D4P wrote:
Iranu wrote:Anybody watching?

Everyone lost interest once Ronnie's match was cancelled.

Didn't know that. Why was Ronnie's match cancelled ? :?

Daniel Wells had to withdraw because he tested positive for COVID, so Ronnie gets a bye into the second round. They were sue to play this evening.

thanks

Postby Dan-cat

Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:Murphy seems to have put on quite a bit of weight. Understandable of course in current circumstances and his achilles issue; I wonder how stuff like weight gain/loss affects your cueing, particularly if it’s happened over a relatively short period.

I seem to remember Hendry saying he couldn’t cue in exactly the same way as he used to because he’s bigger now. Might have been on the SS podcast.

I play better when I’ve been lazy in the gym and lost some muscle around my chest and shoulders. Unfortunately I’ve been lazy for so long I’m now accumulating a different kind of bulk, and naturally, playing terribly.

I just dont get this. If you are fit you will play better

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Who will be playing on Eurosport on my tellymabox tonight?

Judd Trump v Lukas Klechers

Postby HappyCamper

two or more tennis players playing tennis at the french tennis open qualifying event at the roland garros tennis grounds where they play tennis, no doubt.

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:

two or more tennis players playing tennis at the french tennis open qualifying event at the roland garros tennis grounds where they play tennis, no doubt.

Not Golf, then? :chin:

Postby Wildey

I Think this season the rookies will benefit from no crowds early season and get some cash on the board.

With these restrictions imposed by co co the clown yesterday cant see crowds all season unless there's a significant up turn or infections doesent turn in to deaths on a large scale.

There was a article in the local paper saying the second wave will be 4 times worst than the 1st.

Realistic how the buck is that even possible? Before the first there were mass gatherings everywhere now there isnt.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:I Think this season the rookies will benefit from no crowds early season and get some cash on the board.

With these restrictions imposed by co co the clown yesterday cant see crowds all season unless there's a significant up turn or infections doesent turn in to deaths on a large scale.

There was a article in the local paper saying the second wave will be 4 times worst than the 1st.

Realistic how the buck is that even possible? Before the first there were mass gatherings everywhere now there isnt.

That sounds pessimistic but I guess it depends how they define the first wave. The country was on strict lockdown for most of what’s considered the first wave, and BJ is going to do everything in his power to avoid that this time around. Add to that the winter being a ‘better’ environment for the virus to survive and potentially spread, and I can see where the article’s coming from. Plus we’re still at the stage where it’s too soon to fully understand the ramifications of the lockdown being lifted, I suppose.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:I Think this season the rookies will benefit from no crowds early season and get some cash on the board.

That sounds pessimistic but I guess it depends how they define the first wave. The country was on strict lockdown for most of what’s considered the first wave, and BJ is going to do everything in his power to avoid that this time around. Add to that the winter being a ‘better’ environment for the virus to survive and potentially spread, and I can see where the article’s coming from. Plus we’re still at the stage where it’s too soon to fully understand the ramifications of the lockdown being lifted, I suppose.

There're scientists out there that says this will be a seasonal bump in the road nothing more than that and is expected when kids go back to school and then Media and Politicians on the other hand saying its Doomsday.

No doubt infections is a worry but there needs to be some perspective and follow science not guess work.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:There's a thread for Corona...

Apparently officially mod policy is that, because the referees wore masks, we're allowed to mention coronavirus any time we like in live snooker threads.

A bit of consistency from the other mods might be nice on this issue. <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:

Apparently officially mod policy is that, because the referees wore masks, we're allowed to mention coronavirus any time we like in live snooker threads.

You've interpreted that to suit your own needs. What Wildey clearly meant was that having mentioned it in the Championship League thread, that was now fair game to discuss Coronavirus in there.

There was no mention of carte blanche being given to mention it in the thread of other tournaments.

If there is a pedantry thread, I shall be happy to use it. <ok>

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

You've interpreted that to suit your own needs. What Wildey clearly meant was that having mentioned it in the Championship League thread, that was now fair game to discuss Coronavirus in there.

There was no mention of carte blanche being given to mention it in the thread of other tournaments.

If there is a pedantry thread, I shall be happy to use it. <ok>

I wouldn’t be so quick to nominate yourself.

From page two of this thread:

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Can you not post this stuff in the Coronavirus thread?

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9584

By using bucking masks at the Snooker its now included Snooker and Coronavirus under the same banner <ok>