Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby SnookerFan

chengdufan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Another fluke for Selt which he doesn't acknowledge.

Made 12 from the fluke.
Got straight back in and added 15.

Si Jiahui replies with a break of 6.

This sounds like the best match ever.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

Made 12 from the fluke.

Check Pinkie's list - see if he's updated it <ok>

Postby chengdufan

SnookerFan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

Made 12 from the fluke.

Long safety battle finally over. Selt added another break of 1.

Postby chengdufan

bullocks. I fell asleep ans missed the end. Not sure who won.

Zhang Anda on commentary has put a recording of one of his own matches while we wait for the evening session. He's just gone 1-0 down to Lichtenberg.

Postby chengdufan

chengdufan wrote:bullocks. I fell asleep ans missed the end. Not sure who won.

Zhang Anda on commentary has put a recording of one of his own matches while we wait for the evening session. He's just gone 1-0 down to Lichtenberg.

I feel like I've entered some surreal parallel universe.

Postby lhpirnie

Zhang Anda often sings karaoke between frames. You prefer that?

Postby chengdufan

lhpirnie wrote:

Quite possibly. It would almost certainly be of a higher standard than the Selt Si match

Postby chengdufan

Lovely 139 from Zhang to bring it back to 1-1. He's singing karaoke in his chair while the ref racks up for frame 3. Lichtenberg is not joining in.

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:It's a shame Gao Yang didn't enter the Snooker Island World Championship. I might have had a chance of winning a match!

Are you beginning to appreciate him now? He's so like Zhao Xintong, only 7 years younger...

Postby SnookerEd25

lhpirnie wrote:

Throw in Dominic Dale in a duet and - buck yeah! <cool>

Postby Wildey

Straight Knockout in Group 8 Martin O'Donnell v Shaun Murphy but a draw will do for Murphy O'Donnell has to win

Postby McManusFan

Wildey wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Mask work in the right environment a sterile environment which shops are not. Let's not forget this is a virus not smog or dust you can't see it and you can't smell it but when people constantly touches the mask either to re adjust it and pull it up and down because they are hot and without washing their hands they are as useless as a condom with a pin hole. Yea they will stop droplets from coughing even sneezing but people will still be wiping their noses with a tissue and to do that they have to take it down.

Yes, obviously if you use them wrong they will be less effective (not useless), but not everyone will use them innapropriately and certainly not all of the time. They aren't a magic bullet, but they do reduce the rate of transmission in a cheap and relatively easy way.

What ive noticed today how close people with masks has to get to each other to hear what is said especially in a busy shop or on the street so social distancing is ignored because of Masks.

I see what your saying, but if the UK's anything like Aus then social distancing on the street or in shops was never adhered to that strictly by most people. Everytime I'm in my local Woolies (supermarket down here) you get a member of staff wearing a flurencent lacket reading 'keep 1.5m apart' walking right passed you! And that was well before mandatory masks came in.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Mask work in the right environment a sterile environment which shops are not. Let's not forget this is a virus not smog or dust you can't see it and you can't smell it but when people constantly touches the mask either to re adjust it and pull it up and down because they are hot and without washing their hands they are as useless as a condom with a pin hole. Yea they will stop droplets from coughing even sneezing but people will still be wiping their noses with a tissue and to do that they have to take it down.

Yes, obviously if you use them wrong they will be less effective (not useless), but not everyone will use them innapropriately and certainly not all of the time. They aren't a magic bullet, but they do reduce the rate of transmission in a cheap and relatively easy way.

What ive noticed today how close people with masks has to get to each other to hear what is said especially in a busy shop or on the street so social distancing is ignored because of Masks.

Condoms don’t work either when they’re not used correctly. That’s not a problem with condoms it’s a problem with idiots, who exist in all walks of life. Are you also angry about condoms?

If you think people would be socially distancing more without masks you’re deluded. You clearly have some strange vendetta towards them for reasons that you still haven’t adequately explained.

You’re suggesting people should not wear masks because they can’t hear each other, rather than just speaking louder. I mean, come on. This isn’t even something I’ve experienced. Considering you refuse to go into shops because you have to wear a mask I’m curious as to where you’ve noticed this phenomenon.

How exactly do you propose we get back to the normal that you’re so desperate to return to?

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Throw in Dominic Dale in a duet and - buck yeah! <cool>

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ob6i9VbfVXs

Postby chengdufan

lhpirnie wrote:
chengdufan wrote:It's a shame Gao Yang didn't enter the Snooker Island World Championship. I might have had a chance of winning a match!

Are you beginning to appreciate him now? He's so like Zhao Xintong, only 7 years younger...

I had to go to bed unfortunately. Busy day at work today.
Looking at his scores this morning I see he got 2 centuries! Yes, very much looking forward to a chance to see him play like Zhao Xintong :)

Postby SteveJJ

motorhead wrote:Who the hell is Aaron Hill?

First year pro. Qualified for the tour by winning the European U21 title. Played in the qualifiers for the world championship.

Main threat to Ken and Fergal not representing Ireland at a world cup for the first time since 1678.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
motorhead wrote:Who the hell is Aaron Hill?

Jak Jones came over him.

:shock:

I realised how rude that sounded when typing, thought that made it funnier, than left it.