Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby chengdufan

Wildey wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Last week Aaron Canavan beat Leo Fernandez 4-3 then Stephen Hendry beat Aaron Canavan 4-1 today Leo top of his group beating Heathcote and Stephen Maguire and must be favourite now to reach the last 32 needing a draw with Dominic Dale.

I watched both his matches. He was playing at a high level, deserved both his wins.
Badsnookerplayer will be pleased!

i feel sorry for you.

i watched paint dry much better.

I think the matches weren't the best because Maguire was off colour and Heathcote was atrocious. Leo played well above his level though. I don't think it's fair to compare him to paint drying! I thought you'd decided not to watch, anyway?

Postby lhpirnie

chengdufan wrote:I just had a chat with Zhang Anda. He seems like a good fella. Maybe we could see if he's interested in doing a snooker island interview. What do you think?

Yes, I met him several times at events. Sadly he dropped off the tour after a season disrupted by off the table events. His wife gave birth to their child in February during the lockdown in China, when hospitals weren't open, and it was difficult for him to return to the UK to play in the World Championship. There's a long video feature about him on his weibo page. He may decide to try and come back next season, but for this season he has commentary and coaching lined up. In 2019 he won the Chinese national Championship, beating Zhao Jianbo in the final, who's playing today.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:Snooker with the possibility of a draw is hella stupid. Group phase snooker is in general.

It does throw up some unintended consequences, such as players who can no longer qualify not caring and handing undeserved wins to others, possibly affecting the outcome.

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Snooker with the possibility of a draw is hella stupid. Group phase snooker is in general.

It does throw up some unintended consequences, such as players who can no longer qualify not caring and handing undeserved wins to others, possibly affecting the outcome.

Indeed.

Postby HappyCamper

Prop wrote:My aerial won’t get Freesports. Is there a streaming option? Does Matchroom charge a silly fee?

they have this free on matchroom. you could also try the freeview streaming service.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:Do the rankings lie?

Discuss.

the rankings are an accurate reflections of many ranking points have been earned by each player in the qualifying period.

Postby Prop

HappyCamper wrote:
Prop wrote:My aerial won’t get Freesports. Is there a streaming option? Does Matchroom charge a silly fee?

they have this free on matchroom. you could also try the freeview streaming service.

Thanks mate, I’ll have a look <ok>

Postby sigsky

It seems to me that shots to the corner pockets along the baulk and top rails are more forgiving than on the Star tables. Milkins slammed a couple in with great force that surprised me.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:Wearing a mask is not going backwards, certainly not THREE steps backwards.

I haven’t had a chance to watch any of this. Are all the referees wearing masks? Anyway, Marteel is a healthcare worker who worked in a hospital in Belgium during the height of the pandemic. Maybe it’s his choice to wear a mask and he’d rather do so.

And by the way. It makes no difference to the refs whatsoever.

So stop being stupid and stubborn and not watching snooker because of something so trivial. You’re acting like a spoilt child.

Masks does nothing never been proven and is used to get people in to a false state of security to go out and spend money they will not stop spreading viruses its a virus. viruses are not new they been around for years so to say they havent got a clue how virus work at the beginning is false no masks was recamended then so whats change? the econamy that whats changed.