Post a reply

BetVictor European Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 21st - Sunday 27th of September at The Marshal Arena, Milton Keynes

This week the first winner of the season will be crowned with 123 Profesionals entered and 5 wild cards from top up list from Q School and invitees. 16 year old Antoni Kowalski, 21 year old Brian Ochoiski and former Top 16 player Michael White amongst the wild cards. the players not there are Mei Xiwen, Marco Fu, Bai Langning, Andrew Pagett, the returning Stephen Hendry and the invisable Steve Mifsud.

But all the main contenders will be in Milton Keynes World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan, World no 1 Judd Trump and Defending Champion Neil Robertson will be heading a all star cast.

Who will progress in to the last 64?

DRAW

Selected Last 128 Matches
Neil Robertson v Akani Songsermsawad
Noppon Saengkham v Allan Taylor
Sam Craigie v Ben Woollaston
Joe Perry v Robbie Williams
Tom Ford v Mark King
Stephen Maguire v Chang Bingyu
Zhou Yuelong v Alexander Ursenbacher
Shaun Murphy v Liang Wenbo
Farakh Ajaib v Ken Doherty
Jimmy Robertson v Ashley Carty
Ding Junhui v Yuan Sijun
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Liam Highfield
Stuart Bingham v Louis Heathcote
Zhao Xintong v Nigel Bond
Mark Selby v Michael White
Judd Trump v Iulian Boiko
Michael Holt v Anthony Hamilton
Jamie Jones v Dominic Dale
Ali Carter v Rory McLeod
Anthony McGill v Luo Honghao
David Gilbert v David Lilley
Kurt Maflin v Martin O'Donnell
Kyren Wilson v Lee Walker
John Higgins v Martin Gould
Ian Burns v Jimmy White
Jamie Clarke v Ricky Walden
Mark Williams v Ashley Hugill
Gary Wilson v Duane Jones
Yan Bingtao v Barry Pinches
Matthew Stevens v Igor Figueiredo
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Daniel Wells

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: European Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby HappyCamper

Juddernaut88 wrote:I hope Stephen Hendry will play in this. He really should in my opinion.

unlikely to play in anything before the uk championship.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I hope Stephen Hendry will play in this. He really should in my opinion.

What's the point in coming out of retirement, if he's not going to play in everything? Or at least most tournaments.

Postby HappyCamper

D4P wrote:If Hendry doesn't play before the UK, would he inevitably be seeded #128...?

probably, he'll be 129 in the rankings. mifsud won't enter. remains to be seen about a few other like fu.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:Will be a bit busy this week.

I guess finishing off the t-bag dvd's takes priority

Postby Wildey

D4P wrote:If Hendry doesn't play before the UK, would he inevitably be seeded #128...?

He has said he would like his first opponent back to be Ronnie or Judd waiting for the UK is the best bet to make that happen

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

He has said he would like his first opponent back to be Ronnie or Judd waiting for the UK is the best bet to make that happen

He'll likely get smashed 6-0 if that happens, but he wants to play the big names I guess.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:He'll likely get smashed 6-0 if that happens, but he wants to play the big names I guess.

I suppose there must be a part of him who thinks that if he's going to lose, he would much prefer that it be to a top player than to a numpty. There's little to lose and much to gain against top players, but little to gain and much to lose against the numps...

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

What's the point in coming out of retirement, if he's not going to play in everything? Or at least most tournaments.

Didn't Hearn make him decide very quickly? It could just be that he doesn't think he's ready to enter tournaments straight away, and he's set the UK as the target for his comeback.

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Will be a bit busy this week.

I guess finishing off the t-bag dvd's takes priority

There's a load more on You Tube too.

Plenty of T-Bag to go around.

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Didn't Hearn make him decide very quickly? It could just be that he doesn't think he's ready to enter tournaments straight away, and he's set the UK as the target for his comeback.

Maybe.

I was wondering if he was only trying to get back for the 'big' events. Maybe he's easing himself in, or getting some practice.

Postby Cloud Strife

I think deep down he is already regretting his decision to come back, but he has to go through with it now otherwise he'll look like a fool.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:I think deep down he is already regretting his decision to come back, but he has to go through with it now otherwise he'll look like a fool.

You're probably right.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:I think deep down he is already regretting his decision to come back, but he has to go through with it now otherwise he'll look like a fool.

Doubt that Stephen is in a great position Everything to gain and nothing to lose.

He's retired people expect him to get hammered against top players and here's the crux if he makes a match of it then the pressure to re produce that next match then it gets difficult.

But for first match back Ronnie or Judd is perfect.

Postby SnookerFan

Imagine Ronnie vs Hendry being a non-televised last-128 match in York.

And the first year in a few that I wouldn't be going to, as well. :grrr:

Re: BetVictor European Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby Wildey

So BetVictor is sponsoring the European Masters and its added to the BetVictor Series.

2020 BetVictor Championship League, September 13-20, September 28 to October 5 and October 26-30

2020 BetVictor European Masters, September 21-27

2021 BetVictor German Masters (Dates TBC)

2021 BetVictor Gibraltar Open (Dates TBC)

2021 BetVictor Shoot Out (Dates TBC)

2021 BetVictor Welsh Open (Dates TBC)

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:So BetVictor is sponsoring the European Masters and its added to the BetVictor Series.

2020 BetVictor Championship League, September 13-20, September 28 to October 5 and October 26-30

2020 BetVictor European Masters, September 21-27

2021 BetVictor German Masters (Dates TBC)

2021 BetVictor Gibraltar Open (Dates TBC)

2021 BetVictor Shoot Out (Dates TBC)

2021 BetVictor Welsh Open (Dates TBC)

Hearn really needs to pull his finger out with these sponsors.

Relying on one industry seems a dangerous option, and came back and bit the sport on the bottom when it relied on tobacco sponsorship.

Granted, it's highly unlikely that it'll become law to abolish gambling sponsorship any time. But, it's not good that one industry sponsors pretty much all of the tournaments. Especially with so many tournaments sponsored by the same few companies.

Postby Wildey

This year he's doing brilliant to get any sort of sponsor and keeping prize money high even Dave Hendon expected the European Masters prize money to be less than last year.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:This year he's doing brilliant to get any sort of sponsor and keeping prize money high even Dave Hendon expected the European Masters prize money to be less than last year.

Fair point.

Though you can say that he's been doing a brilliant job ensuring that there's any snooker at all this season. And yet all you've done is moaned that it's all in Milton Keynes. rofl

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:This year he's doing brilliant to get any sort of sponsor and keeping prize money high even Dave Hendon expected the European Masters prize money to be less than last year.

Fair point.

Though you can say that he's been doing a brilliant job ensuring that there's any snooker at all this season. And yet all you've done is moaned that it's all in Milton Keynes. rofl

And the fact they're not testing players this week its even more baffling why they in Milton Keynes.

i thought the whole point of this was this Bubble thing.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Fair point.

And the fact they're not testing players this week its even more baffling why they in Milton Keynes.

i thought the whole point of this was this Bubble thing.

I guess if anything the lack of testing makes it even more important than they can be in an isolated bubble. The risk to each other is bad enough but risking the public as well would be even worse.

I can only imagine the well-documented test shortages have forced them into it. Personally I’d have cancelled the tournament, though.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:And the fact they're not testing players this week its even more baffling why they in Milton Keynes.

Yes, that's a weird one.

I'm happy for them to be in the same venue for a few months, if that's what they feel is the safest. The hotel and the venue are both inside the same venue, so they can easily socially bubble. But the lack of testing is baffling. And at best, irresponsible.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:I guess if anything the lack of testing makes it even more important than they can be in an isolated bubble. The risk to each other is bad enough but risking the public as well would be even worse.

I can only imagine the well-documented test shortages have forced them into it. Personally I’d have cancelled the tournament, though.

I know I have moaned about this before, but I have tickets to the weekend of the Champion Of Champions in November. (I ordered them in November.)

Weirdly, they're still selling tickets at the moment, but it's looking unlikely that there will be fans there. (Though not impossible knowng Hearn's stubborn nature.) I haven't bothered to book train tickets yet.