Post a reply

Where to watch Championship League Snooker?

Postby Raziel

Where to watch Championship League Snooker?

I don't think anything has been officially announced yet. But I think it will only be shown on 'MatchRoom Live' and various bookmaker's websites.

Has anyone heard anything different?

Re: Where to watch Championship League Snooker?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I dont get why it's not on Eurosport?

Doesn't it clash with the Tour De France? Maybe they are prioritising that? Bear in mind, ITV4 have the rights to that too.

Shame BBC can't whack it on the Red Button / I-Player again. But I guess that's asking for too much.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:

Doesn't it clash with the Tour De France? Maybe they are prioritising that? Bear in mind, ITV4 have the rights to that too.

Shame BBC can't whack it on the Red Button / I-Player again. But I guess that's asking for too much.

TdF is only finished by ~1600 usually. So only really affects the afternoon session. And they have two channels anyway. Though I think the French open tennis also starts soon? That is the jewel in the crown for ES so would get priority.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

TdF is only finished by ~1600 usually. So only really affects the afternoon session. And they have two channels anyway. Though I think the French open tennis also starts soon? That is the jewel in the crown for ES so would get priority.

Yeah, I knew there was something else they were showing, I just forgot what it was. Wouldn't tennis usually take up both channels on Eurosport?

It's not that surprising the Championshit league doesn't get a look-in. Especially as it's technically the third time they've held it in 2020.

The Championship League on ITV 4 was cool when we hadn't had snooker for months, but we've just had The Crucible and we'll have had the European Masters by the end of September. How many fans would the tournament get, do we reckon? Bugger all compared to the TDF and the tennis.

Postby SnookerEd25

Yeah, good point SF; I'm not that fussed about seeing it. It was a Godsend back in June, for obvious reasons, but i think we've had our fill since then so this can take place on the periphery of my consciousness for the time being.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Yeah, good point SF; I'm not that fussed about seeing it. It was a Godsend back in June, for obvious reasons, but i think we've had our fill since then so this can take place on the periphery of my consciousness for the time being.

It's not so much that we've had our fill. But let's be honest, the Championship League as a format is just a bit rubbish. It'd be a bigger deal if they weren't televising the European Masters.

Postby Raziel

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Yeah, good point SF; I'm not that fussed about seeing it. It was a Godsend back in June, for obvious reasons, but i think we've had our fill since then so this can take place on the periphery of my consciousness for the time being.

It's not so much that we've had our fill. But let's be honest, the Championship League as a format is just a bit rubbish. It'd be a bigger deal if they weren't televising the European Masters.

Yes, I'm not keen on the Championship League format either. I think I will just watch Judd and Jimmy out of this first Championship League lot.

Also, for some reason, I prefer to watch snooker on normal TV. Somehow I don't find watching snooker so enjoyable when I have to get it on the computer and Chromecast/stream it to the TV. I don't know why this is. Probably just my laziness I suppose. lol. :?

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Yeah, I knew there was something else they were showing, I just forgot what it was. Wouldn't tennis usually take up both channels on Eurosport?

It's not that surprising the Championshit league doesn't get a look-in. Especially as it's technically the third time they've held it in 2020.

The Championship League on ITV 4 was cool when we hadn't had snooker for months, but we've just had The Crucible and we'll have had the European Masters by the end of September. How many fans would the tournament get, do we reckon? Bugger all compared to the TDF and the tennis.

15 billion

Postby Raziel

As predicted, no mainstream TV coverage in the UK.

The BetVictor Championship League Snooker will be broadcast live around the world, with two tables of action to be enjoyed every day.

The first two weeks will be broadcast globally on the below platforms, with FREE UK coverage at Matchroom.Live

Table One
Viaplay – Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland
Zhibo.TV – China (including Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan)
SportKlub – Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Kosovo, Luxembourg
Silknet – Georgia
TV Poland
NTV – Russia
Rest of the World – Matchroom.Live

Table Two
Zhibo.TV – China (including Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan)
Rest of the World – Matchroom.Live